Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Are Moderators Moderating?

I'm curious.

Are moderators monitoring threads regarding personal attacks?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are Moderators Moderating?

Hi Seashore,

I think the whole thçing is sorta broken for the last few days, its very hard to stay logged on and takes 10 minutes to change a page-- I don't know if that helps, but it might explain the lack of traffic.

Hope you are OK
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Hi Seashore,

I think the whole thçing is sorta broken for the last few days, its very hard to stay logged on and takes 10 minutes to change a page-- I don't know if that helps, but it might explain the lack of traffic.

Hope you are OK
Hi Harper

Thanks for responding.

I don't believe the problems with staying logged on is causing what I have observed. But of course I could be wrong.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

yes I can understand it won't drive people to write mean things, but even the moderators seemed to be having problems, I think it was Karen that said everything was in slow motion, so it may explain the lack of moderators.

Just a thought, there is little activity though at the moment, I had a day of no threads, on sat. I think......
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

One thing that is certainly missing from this forum is the moderation of posts that promote dangerous medical frauds. Either through ignorance or just sheer gullibility some people are promoting highly questionable individuals and their useless and possibly dangerous products.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
One thing that is certainly missing from this forum is the moderation of posts that promote dangerous medical frauds. Either through ignorance or just sheer gullibility some people are promoting highly questionable individuals and their useless and possibly dangerous products.
That's ridiculous. People talk here about what works, doesn't, ideas, new products, non-GMO, pro-alt, all sorts of things like harmonics, love vibes, whatever. What's "dangerous" about it? For goodness sake, commercial milk in the USA is dangerous and it's on the shelves. Usually forums have guidelines about products that its members promote, but ... people sell products and services. Why not network a bit? Here, I think here's been a corner for commercial activities. When people's work/livelihood is posted, I tend to think some members like it and some don't.

What I'm saying is "dangerous medical frauds" can be ... what? difficult to define. Are you going with FDA kind of opinions? It's the internet, all buyer beware?... are you banning vitamins?
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
That's ridiculous. People talk here about what works, doesn't, ideas, new products, non-GMO, pro-alt, all sorts of things like harmonics, love vibes, whatever. What's "dangerous" about it? For goodness sake, commercial milk in the USA is dangerous and it's on the shelves. Usually forums have guidelines about products that its members promote, but ... people sell products and services. Why not network a bit? Here, I think here's been a corner for commercial activities. When people's work/livelihood is posted, I tend to think some members like it and some don't.

What I'm saying is "dangerous medical frauds" can be ... what? difficult to define. Are you going with FDA kind of opinions? It's the internet, all buyer beware?... are you banning vitamins?
---------------------------------

PS The forum seems to be crashing again!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:45 AM   #8
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi all, yes we are moderating, however the last few days have been a server problem that now seems to be fixed. I will get admin to write a statement as to what happened. I am unsure as im no techie. Server ppls had to totally close forum yesterday to reload some software, that much I know. Now that all seems fine again we will be here for you all.

Peace

Ross H
Old 03-31-2010, 04:48 AM   #9
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Also due to the 'slow-ness' of late i havnt been able to load any pages and figured if others wanted to report any posts I wouldnt of got them, also PM's were unavaliable. Any issues with posts/threads needing moderating please PM me and I will take a look see.

Peace
Old 03-31-2010, 05:27 AM   #10
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Ross H - The forum became unavailable to me after that last post, on this thread. It was followed by termination of my internet connection, but just turned router off then on and internet was back.

Squirrelly eh

PS Still very slow to post - this little one took about a minute. Site's still a bit sluggish too.

Hi Seashore - Now when I check 'New posts' there are just 2. >> I logged out saw 7. Now I see 1.

Hi Harper - How's it garbly going? lol like greta garbly eff that transcousin and his july andrews

Last edited by no caste; 03-31-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #11
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
I'm curious.

Are moderators monitoring threads regarding personal attacks?
If you see something objectionable, click the report post button. There is no way the moderators can possible see all the posts made.

I'm lucky if I can read 3 or 4 threads a day and I look for ones most likely to need moderator intervention or explanations.

Handling reported posts is very time consuming and you will not always receive an answer to your report nor will the moderators always agree that some action needs to be taken. Moderators will so what they can with the time they have available to give.

I'm still resigning as moderator, and currently spending very little time on the forums. I'm looking forward to spending much, much more time in the real world.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote