Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default "British Police State Kicks Into High Gear"

This is the title of an article dated March 22, 2010 by Kurt Nimmo.

The article states "...'Hundreds of police officers were on the streets of Nottingham throughout Saturday night in an effort to tackle knife crime in the city,' reports the BBC. 'The major operation involved 200 officers as part of a Home Office project targeting 13 to 24-year-olds.'

"... 'Officers and a specially-trained dog met young people coming off a number of bus routes.' They were forced to go through metal detectors and naked body scanners. Drug testing was also carried out.

"...Britain is a police state incubator where beta tests are carried out. Soon enough, similar tactics will be employed in the United States."

Read the Article
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "British Police State Kicks Into High Gear"

Looking at the comments and the BBC article there seems to be some dispute about whether or not naked body scanners were used.

Also, I immediately question just 'exactly' how this is being portrayed.

Coming of the bus or train, sounds like a strange spot and really frightening behavior. But is this on the streets of the suburbs or deep in the ghetto?

Without more details its hard to form an opinion as to whether this is a huge disregard for rights, or just more of the same BS that has been happening every day for years.

I've been paranoid about the Po' because I like to smoke marijuana - but long since have learned that I am not a target for this type of action.

If they're picking up gangbangers off the streets, I still have some concern as to how that game is played (HELP them! don't jail them! this is what propagates the cycle of crime.)

Yet, I don't believe the article is -necessarily- cause for alarm. It's too hard to discern.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

I am finding that I distrust NEWS reports more and more... I hear so much about fake news-spins put out specifically for manipulation of "herd-thinking".

I would like to hear from someone that actually saw what was going on... or was IN the round-up... until then I don't think it is really happening- or at least not happening in the way it is portrayed in the story...
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

That's exactly how I'm feeling busymom.

It's not that this newsstory isn't valid, but prisonplanet has a very big american following, and the "idea" that this story supports may not be well founded. this may cause someone some degree of discomfort, but to me its mostly the shadow of something else. are we supposed to think that this is what life is turning into? i think it is a lot of string pulling to get a certain effect.

no disrespect to you seashore for posting it, information is always important
even if we dont' always agree with it, it offers an opposing viewpoint
and i hope you don't think my posts critical of you
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
police state