Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 01:56 AM   #51
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Cannibinoids promote Paranoia

Exactly Orion, and did I say Exactly!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #52
Deoxyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
seems some people havent done their research.

tsk tsk.

alcohol is poison.

cannabis is medicine.
you are what i dont like to recognice, that is not a problem. It´s a common thing.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #53
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

not really sure what your meaning is. please elaborate if able to do so.

the simple reality of it is..

some people are just not equipped to properly use the tools that nature provides.

Peace
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 AM   #54
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyan View Post
you are what i dont like to recognice, that is not a problem. It´s a common thing.
Uh, huh?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 AM   #55
deepblu777
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: cannibinoids promote brain growth

Yes, it is backwards..

Alcohol should be illegal, better yet..ABANDONED

pills and all the other chemicals with it.

HERB = natural, safe, benign

deepblu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #56
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

i really like this thread cuz' i smoke a lot of weed and i'm really happy to hear it's god for ya'.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 AM   #57
Jsor2112
Avalon Senior Member

I think it is a very good thing. My father died of cancer and during the last few years he was advised by his DR to smoke. It eased his nausea and chronic pain and he kept food down and actually ate a little more. I think they keep it illegal because they make more $$$ that way. Prisons get money for every inmate. Also cities get money to fight "the war on drugs" when there is a bust they weigh the entire plant not just the buds. So say for example an entire plant weighs 10 pounds it is a 10 pound bust but actually MAYBE 1 pound of that is buds. not to mention all of the happy pills that people are prescribed would no longer be needed and thats not good for the pharmacy companies.

Last edited by Jsor2112; 10-28-2008 at 04:33 AM.
Jsor2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 AM   #58
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

yep,

they cannot capitalize on it like they wish they could.
not to mention, the huge drug companies would be out billions upon billions of dollars
if people were allowed to get the medicine and relief naturally from a plant, instead of from their poison, with infinite negative side effects.

its all about $$$$$$ like jsor said,
fortunately,
for us,
thanks to other people like us, there is enough cannabis seeds on Earth that it will never be gone.

i assure you that.

and please, if i have to create a whole new thread full of scientific studies showing the benefits, as opposed to the risks, i will take the time to do so..

but i promise... it wont leave much room for anyone to come in and dismiss it and continue to call it "bad". lol

Bless

and this vape is for all you 'enlightened' folks. lol

FreetheTree
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #59
Jsor2112
Avalon Senior Member

I look at it like this
Ever puked from smokin too much?
Ever get a hangover from smokin?
Ever been sooooo messed up from pot you can't walk, talk, move? (can't and NOT WANTING TO are different)
Ever picked a fight while high? ( not including over the last slice of pizza!! )
No is the answer to these but if you replace it with alcohol the answers are usually YES

ONE MORE THING
never throw out seeds in the garbage .... save them and toss them out the car window. If it grows wild all over it's harder for them to stop!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #60
warngen
Avalon Senior Member

mine never has seed.
warngen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #61
Stephen

FYI: Anyone REMEMBER the term LID?

I do from way back when.....From the Late 1960's to the 1970's.

Here is what I found on Wiki-Answers

Question:
Where did the phrase Lid of marijuana originate?

Answer:
Lid, a Baggie, an Ounce

The term 'lid' of marijuana goes back to the 60's. Back then you could buy a 'lid' or a 'can' of pot.
The can was aproximatley 1 oz, the lid was1/8 oz.
The term came from the practice of breaking up a brick (a kilo or later a key) of tightly packed marjijuana and storing and selling it in Price Albert tobacco cans.
A can held approximatelyone ounce.
The lid would hold aproximatley1/8 oz. No one weighed it really, it was all done by eye. By the time I was in high school in the early 70's the term can had gone away and the term lid referred to an ounce.
The term nickel or dime bag was still used in the 70s too. But by that time the amount of pot in the nickel ($5) or dime ($10) would vary - though the price was still $5 or $10.
But; if you bought a 'baggie', it would contain an ounce and the price would vary.
In the 60's a bag was a bag was a can was an ounce and the price for the ounce was 5 or 10 depending on quality.
I don't know if there were 7 dollar bags or 8 dollar bags. Yeah so go buy some okay.

Link: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_...uana_originate

Personally from experience of watching people way back when to be Paranoid or Depressed was due to their State-Of-Mind.

NOTE: I edited some of the spelling errors that I could find. I am not an expert speller so I may have missed some. (I have an 'idea' as to why this person that wrote this misspelled so many words)

DISCLAIMER: Also none of the views/opinions from this Wiki-Answer site is in ANY way shape or form suggested by and/or condoned by this forum's owners or it's staff.
It is only for infomation and entertainment ONLY.
Avalon and it's Owners and Staff in no way condone the use of anything illegal in any way shape or form.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #62
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warngen View Post
mine never has seed.
Amen to that!, and I remember OldDood, we never used scales just did everything by eye, and use to call a bag a lid and so forth.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #63
Bleep!

Default Left in my inbox:

Is This is a taste of the caliber of people here?:

"dont be so simple and ignorant, you dumb ****"

That was left in my inbox. How about locking that person out of the forum? People get locked out for a whole lot less.

Last edited by Bleep!; 10-29-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #64
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Left in my inbox:

Hey Bleep, I agree! and it wasn't me just to let you know!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #65
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Left in my inbox:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleep! View Post
This is a taste of the caliber of people here:

"dont be so simple and ignorant, you dumb ****"

That was left in my inbox. How about locking that person out of the forum? People get locked out for a whole lot less.
Nah, you're just a little paranoid...

Quote:
Cannabis promotes paranoia and depression.
But one gotta stay away from the crack pipe.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #66
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblu777 View Post
Yes, it is backwards..

Alcohol should be illegal, better yet..ABANDONED

pills and all the other chemicals with it.

HERB = natural, safe, benign

Realy nothing should be illegal or abandoned if only People realise whiles takeing these things there are still consiquences from there actions and alot of what they will be experience is due to that substence and there for there perspective is oviously going to be alittle different.

I don't know I can only speak for Myself and Iv tryed many thing's befor except anything that requierd needles (geting injections in my toe to get ingrowns out was bad enough!) and I'v never intentional or unintentional screwed anyone over I don't thief or scame to get $$$ to buy anything I don't general eithen want to go out in public yet alone cause a public disturbence.

I know alot of People who take what I take but are the complete oppisite and when they finaly get busted by the cop's they litraly cry there way out of it and simply blame it on the drug's and allways claime they had no idear what they were doing but while associateing with these ******* when they are being stupid You can clearly see they simply don't want to take responsibily for what they did they don't give a flying s**t. So ultimately it make's People like Me look and feel like utter scum most of the time.

Here is a exsample.....Im a gamer and I love adventure game's espicaly one's with complexed indepth storylines Hell if it wasn't for Final Fantasy 7 I would of NEVER woken up let alone want too. Anyways My Friend Cassa has a nintendo wii while Im a sony fainboi (fan boy) & I use to play the classic Zelda games as a kid Hell My oldist Cat is named after Princess Zelda cause around this area of Frankston My Zelda Rule's All! So Cass lent Me it for a week to play the new Zelda and once Her Mum found out She litraly went mental and verbal at Her for lending Me it saying "He is going to sell it for weed"! ok this is what ****'s Me up the wall the most.
1) I haven't stolen since alittle over 10 year's ago now.
2) I Don't betray My Friend's
3) I don't have any history of scaming anyone....
4) This stupid #%@$%$@ of My Friend's mother hasn't eithen meet Me.....

Then People wounder why I eithen want to get high in the first Place it's to get away from judgemental pieces of #@$@#$ like that and along with many other forms of People out there.
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #67
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa Zelda, I use to play that game for hours and hours, like 14 hours a day, bought the book and everything, cool game! The legend of Zelda the very first one. Then I got into Super Metroid, ah the good old days. Now I'm a Playstation guy., playing shoot em up games LOL
Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 AM   #68
PodWORLD
Avalon Senior Member

Of course drugs can work both ways.

Some of the greatest achievements in art were conceived by some who took drugs and some who didnt.

I've had some great times on drugs and great times sober. Men and women have been getting high since the dawn of time and we're all still here. Don't you wish Dubya had remained a coke addict and never got into politics? Is he a clearer thinking, better decision maker now?

As Bill Hicks cheerfully related the inventor of Jogging died young.

Yul Brynner's noggin!

I'm off to have one.
PodWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #69
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

lol the irony of geting high while listening to Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #70
Stephen

As with ANYthing....Moderation is the KEY.
Food, Sleep, Drink, etc.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:29 AM   #71
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: cannibinoids promote brain growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As with ANYthing....Moderation is the KEY.
Food, Sleep, Drink, etc.
Moderation may be the key,
But setting is the door through wich you enter..

And most important,, is the "why" you would want to open any door and go behind it..

Oh, that this link is an absolute read for any one thinking that Holland was crazy to decriminalize pot usage within its borders..

Dutch Provos
By Teun Voeten

Grootveld It's no secret that Holland has the most liberal drug laws in the world, especially when it comes to cannabis. What you may not realize, however, is that these laws were enacted thanks to the efforts of the Dutch Provos. The Provos set the stage for the creation of the Merry Pranksters, Diggers, and Yippies. They were the first to combine non-violence and absurd humor to create social change. They created the first "Happenings" and "Be-Ins." They were also the first to actively campaign against marijuana prohibition. Even so, they remain relatively unknown outside of Holland. Now, for the first time, their true story is told.

8>-.-.->8

More interested in magic than Marx, Grootveld was an extroverted performance artist with a gift for theatrical gesture. During the early '60s, he attracted massive crowds in Amsterdam with exhibitionistic "Happenings." At the core of Grootveld's philosophy was the belief that the masses had been brainwashed into becoming a herd of addicted consumers, the "despicable plastic people." According to Grootveld, new rituals were needed to awaken these complacent consumers. While the writings of Van Duyn greatly appealed to the educated crowd, Grootveld found his followers among street punks.
Just info remember.. ;-)

Last edited by TranceAm; 10-30-2008 at 12:32 AM.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:49 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsor2112 View Post
I look at it like this
Ever puked from smokin too much?
YES
Ever get a hangover from smokin?
YES
Ever been sooooo messed up from pot you can't walk, talk, move? (can't and NOT WANTING TO are different)
YES
Ever picked a fight while high? ( not including over the last slice of pizza!! )
I've never PICKED one but others have with me when THEY were high

No is the answer to these but if you replace it with alcohol the answers are usually YES
^What you say is usually true, but by no means always....

I'm not a much of a drinker either, (rarely) but I think people underestimate pot.

If you smoke all the time, and have abit of a tolerance you're right as rain. It has undeniable health benefits when used correctly.

I used to smoke several times a day for about six years, until I finally got sick of being paranoid and looking toasted all the time. Unfortunately at that time I got into other drugs (opiates). Now I only use substances very rarely since I have proven to myself what happens when I let chemicals control me.

I find now that I don't WANT to use pot, as when I do I get SO DAMN HIGH that it's not fun.

Everyone has to use their personal barometer when it comes to this stuff, what's good for one may not be for another.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:24 AM   #73
Jsor2112
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
^What you say is usually true, but by no means always....

I'm not a much of a drinker either, (rarely) but I think people underestimate pot.

If you smoke all the time, and have abit of a tolerance you're right as rain. It has undeniable health benefits when used correctly.

I used to smoke several times a day for about six years, until I finally got sick of being paranoid and looking toasted all the time. Unfortunately at that time I got into other drugs (opiates). Now I only use substances very rarely since I have proven to myself what happens when I let chemicals control me.

I find now that I don't WANT to use pot, as when I do I get SO DAMN HIGH that it's not fun.

Everyone has to use their personal barometer when it comes to this stuff, what's good for one may not be for another.
I've never picked a fight either i think it's pointless (I LOVE EVERYONE WHEN I'M DRUNK) but I've seen it happen WAY TO MANY TIMES!! But i've never seen anyone pick one when only on pot. But that doesn't mean it never happens. Some people are just ***holes and like to fight.
I agree you need to control yourself and yes it does make some people paranoid. I hardly ever smoke anymore due to testing at work. But I did regularly (about a j or 2 a day) in the not so distant past and it helped with the anxiety attacks a lot more then the Xanax that I am prescribed. I only take them like once or twice a week if that. I was taking them as prescribed and I missed a day and had the worst anxiety attack I have ever had. When I smoked and then didn't for a few days I had no adverse effects. I've actually had some and didn't smoke for a week with no trouble. But some people just smoke 24/7 and as long as they can work, clean the house, pay the bills, take care of the kids etc it's all good.

Last edited by Jsor2112; 10-30-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #74
warngen
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with the "as long as they can work, clean house, pay bills etc."
I got pinched about 3 months ago, and consequently, I am not going to college right now.(I will have to wait untill the spring) I got caught IN THE MOST STUPID WAY POSSIBLE!!! Before i got pinched, i smoked almost all day. Now i only smoke MAYBE once a week, and when i do, im free. I could clean house, do chores all day when high. But the main thing i do when i rarely get high is: put on some really relaxing music,(I.E. whats in my signature) and just let the ideas and information flow in. Especially on lab grown shrooms. I ate about 1.2 grams of lab shrooms and there was no denying: I was in contact with something or someone. The amount of information and quality of it was unreal. Unfortunately, i could not find a pen and paper! LOL.
But what i wanted to ask is. Where is a descent place to smoke where the cops wont bother you or you wont be worried about getting caught.
Cant smoke in the house, cant smoke in the car.
Any suggestions anyone, especially from the pro tokers?

THANKS
warngen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #75
Buruso
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Guys,
last night on Australian television show called "Catalyst" they had a segment on pot and its relationship to psycosis, the latest research is interesting, seems its genetic:
watch
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2402434.htm
cheers
Buruso
Buruso is offline   Reply With Quote