Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #26
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Can Consciousness Mitigate a Natural Disaster?

I don't know about natural disasters, but effects on human behavior are scientifically proven. This man ran for USA President in 2004 ... if only he had a chance ... what a different world it would already be!

http://istpp.org/message.html - Many links down the left sidebar.
"John Hagelin, Ph.D., is a world-renowned quantum physicist, educator, public policy expert, and leading proponent of peace... Dr. Hagelin is unique among scientists in being the first to apply this most advanced knowledge for the practical benefit of humankind. He has pioneered the use of Unified Field-based technologies proven to reduce crime, violence, terrorism, and war and to promote peace throughout society—technologies derived from the ancient Vedic science of consciousness. He has published groundbreaking research establishing the existence of long-range “field effects” of consciousness generated through collective meditation, and has shown that large meditating groups can effectively defuse acute societal stress—thereby preventing violence and social conflict, and providing a practical foundation for permanent world peace."

Lots of videos on Youtube ...

John Hagelin, Ph.D ON Consciousness & Superstring Unified Field Theory, How is knowledge lost and The Observor

John Hagelin, Ph.D ON Consciousness & Superstring Unified Field Theory, How is knowledge lost and The Observor - it seems the first 2 seconds of video 2 with the words 'and effort' got cut out some...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #27
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Wow! What a concept! "Maharishi University uses the block system in which each student takes one course at a time students report they learn more without the stress of taking 4-5 courses at once."

7 studies put together showed the likelihood that this reduction of war was due to chance and not to the meditating groups was less than 1 part in 10 million, million, million. They proved you could turn off war like a light switch.

Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #28
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue2 View Post
remember, in quantum mechanics, the rules of our reality do not apply. in the quantum, E does not equal MC squared.

it has been proven thru analyzing particles at the quantum level, that when observed, the characteristics of the particle itself changes. as does the "experiment" or the relationship between the particles being observed.

so, like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle (where you will never be able to locate a particle the more accurately you measure it's speed, and vice versa where you cannot measure the speed the more precisely you identify the location of an particle (only at the quantum level), this is similar, but different.

look: if you want to use the tools of science (and science is but a tool, not a paradigm of thought) to measure or quantify principles that science INTENTIONALLY AVOIDS because they are not defined as NATURAL (check the definition of science, re-written in 1989) events, then your'e going to run into the same wall that you get when you argue with a deeply religious zealot or a drunk.

apples and oranges cannot be compared or used to test eachother.

science only allows itself to work within the NATURAL world, always assuming that the natural world will behave in a predicatable manner. period. therefore, it PURPOSFULLY excludes the supernatural (which does not have a concrete definiton in science) as being unmeasurable, undefineable, and unreliable to reproduction. and therefore, anything non-natural is out of the box of science. it is a saftey measure, and a leash at the same time.

this can be good and bad.

good, because we have used the tools of science to manipulate the elements around us, to categorize the minerals and compounds of the natural world and have altered them based on their studied and known properties to crate the civilization under our feet. i KNOW because of science, how much weight this concrete, wood and steel beneath me can hold, and i do not have to attribute this building standing to angels or fairy dust or invisible gnomes, etc.

so, everything you have in front of you, including the computer you're staring at right now and the roof over your head, and the fillings in your teeth are due to our understanding of the natural world. this is why alchemy did not work...because the rules of the physical world do not break. you cannot heat lead up to get gold. period.

however...the flaw of this rigid set of rules that has brought us so far, is that shifts in paradigms or quantum leaps (pardon the pun) in science happen so rarely because you have to completely rock not only the theory (which is an EXTREMELY powerful set of circumstances that surround a concept or principle, not just an idea like so many scientifically ignorant people thing it is) and ALL the theories, hypothesis, and the greater paradigm that those observable, defendable, and reproducable results support.

in 1900, Lord Kelvin famously said, something like, "we've discovered everything there is to discover in physics, the rest is fine tuning". yea, in 1900 he said that. then, in 1905 einstein rocked the ENTIRE WORLD with 3 papers on relativity. newtonian physics were not the only forces out there to play with (although they did account fairly well to the motion of the planets and other physical observations).

the point is: einstein rocked the entire paradigm of science, which was then rocked again in 1934 with the tuning of quantum mechanics and the reality that there are differnent sets of rules for different dimensions(?). you'd have to look that up...it's late, and i've had a couple drinks, hense this tangent getting WAYY off the topic.

but, to answer: your quest for scientific explinations to consiousness is a very very noble one. and they're out there. there is a book with is just so good: (we've talked about it before on avalon) called the Holographic Universie by Michael Talbot. you want the science behind some of these hypothesis on consiousness/matter relationships? this book will give you a measurable and quantifyalbe hard on in your pursuit.

there are other books and therefore other people who have looked into these things, but the reason you do not hear too much about that is because it is very difficult to get funding, and therefore support from academia if you're pursuing these principles. the world of science is corrupt, it's a who-knows-who game and the ego's are out of this world.

the irony is that all ivory towers fall when a new paradigm is ushered in. and a new one is coming to a world near you.
Wow! What a post. Thank you so much.

I think I've read Holographic Universe. (I must not have comprehended well or I would remember for sure. I am so deluged with information, everything is blurring together.)

I'm not sure what to think when people use the principles of quantum physics in discussions, because I love Nassim Haramein's work, and he made the statement, "Quantum physics is bunk!". But later I heard him say it only needs modifying. I think what he means is that there is no such thing as a strong force...

Anyway, I think I understand what you're saying. Maybe my question can consciousness mitigate a natural disaster cannot be answered in the traditional scientific manner. I am going to have to learn to think outside the box big time...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #29
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
...He has published groundbreaking research establishing the existence of long-range “field effects” of consciousness generated through collective meditation, and has shown that large meditating groups can effectively defuse acute societal stress—thereby preventing violence and social conflict, and providing a practical foundation for permanent world peace....
What an exciting and comforting concept to ponder, and hopefully, apply...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue2 View Post

i cant wait.
I can't either!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #31
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
Can anyone define scientifically what consciousness is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
I think I heard Nassim Haramein describe Consciousness as "The feedback between electro-magnetism and gravity" on the Veritas interview, correct me if I am wrong.
I am starting to explore David Wilcock's work, and this quote from his website makes me see a connection to Nassim's work:

"What if consciousness — this supposedly private phenomenon in our own minds — is actually the basic characteristic of energy throughout the entire Universe?"
Old 05-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #32
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
This New Zealand website is interesting. It has information entitled "Indigenous Weather Modification." I've never heard that expression before...
Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #33
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Originally Posted by seashore View Post
Can anyone define scientifically what consciousness is?

" Consciousness is the programming language of the universe....
We are consciousness conductors... That’s what we do.....
That’s who we are! Consciousness comes through, or emanates from us.
' We ' are the creators. We are the ones who are targeted on this planet
because we are the ones who transmit the reality, just like everybody
else does."

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #34
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

" Consciousness is the programming language of the universe...."
I like this...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #35
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

...Do your Control F on "THE HEALING POWER OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS FIELD - SEEN IN PYRAMID EFFECTS" and read that part...

A..
Yeah, this is really interesting: "...the Russians discovered that when they built these pyramids in a given area, they would reduce earthquakes, close ozone holes, deflect severe storms, purify the water..."
Old 05-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #36
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

It " is " simple.... " Like a Kiss " " An Exhale " [the other side of breath]

" It simply is watt it is " " Natures way " " slow " " Easy "

" Wait for the Reaction....."
Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #37
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Seashore I recommend these excellent articles:

The Self-Aware Universe

An Interview with Amit Goswami

by Craig Hamilton

Read more here:
http://twm.co.nz/goswam1.htm ...
Here's a quote from this article that I like: "It was my good fortune to recognize it within quantum physics, to recognize that all the paradoxes of quantum physics can be solved if we accept consciousness as the ground of being. So that was my unique contribution and, of course, this has paradigm-shifting potential because now we can truly integrate science and spirituality."
Old 05-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #38
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Consciousness as an Active Force

Amy L. Lansky, PhD

read the full article here:
http://twm.co.nz/consciousness.html ...
I was reading this from the article: "...My own personal experiences have convinced me unequivocally of the reality of the energy-body. In addition to practicing tai chi and qi gong..."

I'm familiar with tai chi but not qi gong, so I searched it on YouTube.

Here is a video demonstrating qi gong. The final words spoken on the clip: "...brings your consciousness beyond your body moving towards union with the universe."

"Kuan Yin Standing Qigong Part 1 - Sheng Zhen"
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #39
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Consciousness as an Active Force

Amy L. Lansky, PhD

read the full article here:
http://twm.co.nz/consciousness.html ...
This article points out that research done at Princeton indicates that consciousness can effect the outcome of electronic random event generators. Maybe this can be compared to influencing the forces of nature...

Thanks, mudra, for these articles!