Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Default Lets talk about NANOTECH

I love reading and learnign about this. Its honestly something that must be secretly used for al sorts of purposes right now. Curing illnesses, creating mega computers that are so mall you cant see them etc.

Anyone really into nano and molecular technology and have any ideas if we may be able to use some to help us with freedom?
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Engineer

Default Re: Lets talk about NANOTECH

Hi Mike Jetson,

Good Topic. I happen to be studying a certain area of nanotech in graduate school at the moment. As you well know, nanotechnology is a VAST field and encompasses just about every field of science you can think of. I am currently doing research of my own in preparation for my thesis. But of course, everything going on at my university is entirely benevolent.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

The visuals for my next club night will be based on nanotech.

Considering the potential it has is just amazing. Almost as fascinating to me as sacred geometry. Combining it with the possibility of the technological singularity is scary, ala Terminator
Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
Bigfatfurrytexan
Avalon Senior Member

I have many, many links and .pdf's from the world of nanotech.

I will throw one in here every now and then, when i see it on the "New Posts" search.

To start:

http://www.lightsources.org/cms/?pid=1002622

New treatment could render staph completely harmless

Quote:
The multi-institutional team exploited a chemical pathway that allows the Staph bacterium to defend itself against an immune response. The researchers showed that a compound (BPH-652) originally designed to lower cholesterol blocks a key enzyme in that pathway, weakening the organism’s defenses and allowing the body’s immune cells to prevail against the infection.
For a listing of the types of diseases than can negatively impact us due to staph:

http://mednote.co.kr/11BACTERIAL.htm

Quote:
STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS:

MANIFESTATIONS:
Cutaneous:
Furuncle: Boil, infected hair follicle.
Carbuncle: Boil resulting from cluster of furuncles.
Bacteremia: Targets kidneys, lungs, hearts, bone. Possible coagulopathy.
The first thing you will see is an isolated abscess in an organ -- a clue that systemic S. Aureus infection is occurring.
You may also see petechial hemorrhages in fingernails, toes, and digits.
Endocarditis can result.
Septic embolus can break off of the vegetations and go to a distal peripheral artery (such as finger) to cause an infarct.
Osteomyelitis can also result. Used to occur in children. Septic arthritis occurs in adults, associated with heroin IV-needle use.
Scalded Skin Syndrome: Bullous lesions leading to desquamation in infants.
It is a result of the toxin Exfoliatin. No bugs are found in the lesion.
It will heal without scarring, if treated carefully and not spread.
Toxic Shock Syndrome: Result of TSS-Toxin.
High-grade fever, headache, myalgia, hypotension, rash, diarrhea.
Food Poisoning: Abdominal cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, 2-12 hours after eating. Staph Aureus is the most common cause of food poisoning in the U.S.
Associated with mayonnaise kept at room temperature, such as at a picnic.
Results from Enterotoxins A-E
VIRULENCE:
COAGULASE: Staph Aureus is Coagulase (+) and thus virulent. Coagulase Negative Staph (CNS) are far less virulent.
Catalase, Fibrinolysins, Hyaluronidase.
Methicillin-Resistant Staph Aureus (MRSA): Must be treated with Vancomycin.
Coagulase-Negative Staph (CNS): Less virulent. S. Saprophyticus causes UTI's in young females.
Bigfatfurrytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
Bigfatfurrytexan
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.nanotechnology.com/news/?id=12012

New Material Can Convert Radiation Directly To Electricity

Quote:
Materials that directly convert radiation into electricity could produce a new era of spacecraft and even Earth-based vehicles powered by high-powered nuclear batteries, say US researchers. Electricity is usually made using nuclear power by heating steam to rotate turbines that generate electricity. But beginning in the 1960s, the US and Soviet Union used thermoelectric materials that convert heat into electricity to power spacecraft using nuclear fission or decaying radioactive material. The Pioneer missions were among those using the latter, "nuclear battery" approach. Dispensing with the steam and turbines makes those systems smaller and less complicated. But thermoelectric materials have very low efficiency. Now US researchers say they have developed highly efficient materials that can convert the radiation, not heat, from nuclear materials and reactions into electricity
I live near Andrews, TX. It is the site of a new nuclear waste dump. Why are we not generating electricity from it?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #6
Bigfatfurrytexan
Avalon Senior Member

Scientists begin using DNA to form consistent nanostructures

http://www.materialstoday.com/archiv...-03/news01.htm

Quote:
DNA would appear to be the best option for guiding the assembly of the nanoparticle bricks into the desired construction. DNA strands can be attached to the nanoparticles, with sequences programmed to zip up with complementary DNA strands on a neighboring particle.

snip

Using a single DNA linker sequence results in a close-packed, face-centered cubic crystal structure. But using two different linker sequences that bind to each other but not themselves gives a binary system, which crystallizes in an open, body-centered cubic structure.

“We are now closer to the dream of learning, as nanoscientists, how to break everything down into fundamental building blocks and reassemble them into whatever structure we want,” says Mirkin.
The interesting piece for me is that they have found the greatest initial success with gold. Gold, as we all know, has very special properties (primarily relative to light/EM). So it does not surprise me that it has been the most successfully tested material.

And these guys aren't the only one's working through the concept:

Quote:
Using a similar method, researchers at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) have further investigated the interactions between complementary DNA-functionalized nanoparticles [Nykypanchuk et al., Nature (2008) 451, 549].
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
Bigfatfurrytexan
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.technologyreview.com/Nanotech/19730/

Superstrong Carbon-Nanotube Fibers

A new process could make nanotube fibers that are strong enough to stop bullets.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #8
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

This rabbit hole definately has some serious depth potential
Old 09-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #9
Bigfatfurrytexan
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/02...or-telescopes/

Nano-Engineered Liquid Mirror Telescopes

Quote:
Some astronomers feel that rotating liquid mirror telescopes (LMT) may revolutionize astronomy. LMTs work because the basic laws of nature — gravity and centrifugal force – conspire together to give LMTs the perfect, parabolic shape needed for astronomical observing. And unlike ordinary telescopes with glass mirrors that are expensive to make and maintain, LMTs are quite cost effective because of low construction costs (current estimates have liquid mirrors at 1% the cost of a glass mirror) and they don’t need to be polished or housed in an expensive mount. Ermanno Borra from Canada is one of the foremost experts on LMTs, and he has been constructing and testing different types of these telescopes since the early 1980’s. His latest research involves creating a tiltable LMT – previously thought to be almost impossible — by using a thin, reflective layer of self-assembling metallic nanoparticles.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
Bigfatfurrytexan
Avalon Senior Member

Water Purification Down The Nanotubes: Could Nanotechnology Solve The Water Crisis?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0915105731.htm

Quote:
They have turned to nanostructured, the carbon nanotubes, hollow carbon fibers less than a billionth the thickness of a human hair. The unique chemical properties of carbon nanotubes mean that only very small molecules, such as water molecules can pass along their interiors, whereas viruses, bacteria, toxic metal ions, and large noxious organic molecules cannot.

The team points out that the smooth and water repellant interior of carbon nanotubes means that a filter based on this technology would be very efficient, allowing a high flow rate of water through the filter without fouling. Importantly, the power needed to drive water through such a system will be low compared to conventional membrane technology.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 AM   #11
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post
I love reading and learnign about this.
So its been a month since BFT posted this... What have you learned from reading the material you asked for?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:23 AM   #12
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

very intersting. thanks.
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
Midnight Oil
Avalon Senior Member

Speaking of nanotech, here's a small contribution:

Very intersting although it looks too futuristic, but hey.. so were the cellphone, lcd screens and such..., ideas say 30 years ago.

http://www.nokia.com/A4879144
Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #14
addalight
Avalon Senior Member

Dr Roger Leir was on Coast to Coast last night, talking about an implant from an abductee they are analyzing. It contains carbon nanotubes and , amazingly, has started to reassemble.
An important thread here , I think. I am grateful to all the geeks out there that are interested in the study of this. It's important that we understand how this interacts with our bio systems. This technology, also, has such a potential for good in the realm of free energy.
addalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 AM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

It seems that most links I have read about nanotechnology have dwelled on what were percieved to be negative effects of that technology.

I prefer to read more positive developments.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #16
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
...everything going on at my university is entirely benevolent.
Have a look around. See if you can find out how much funding your school gets from Monsanto. if it's zero, you may be right.

Personally, I am of the opinion that this planet is completely unqualified for the bio-ethics discussion which needs to take place... knows it... and has simply decided to pretend it isn't needed, like it does with most things. This is exactly how decisions get made FOR you by a cellar-full of corporate lawyers.

In this regard, we are already at least 5 years behind the game.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #17
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addalight View Post
Dr Roger Leir was on Coast to Coast last night, talking about an implant from an abductee they are analyzing. It contains carbon nanotubes and , amazingly, has started to reassemble. :
the technology described above is already used by the us "military" (black ops) since over 5 years..for all i know...

with all those articles they let us read about nano technology they make sure we "live in the past."....as usual.

ps: i wonder what the hell those morgellons fibres are capable of.

Last edited by capreycorn; 11-13-2008 at 06:49 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #18
Tag
Avalon Senior Member

I love this subject. And yes capreycorn blackops has some amazing nonotech devices that are mindboggling.

I found a few months ago names of defense contractors that patented some devices and when u patent something u need to give a description of what the device can actually do or reproduce.

Im still searching on my DVDs where i stored this info will repost soon with the complete details of these devices and capabilities.

They are at stages of this that even i couldnt have imagined their at now.
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #19
Tag
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry took me awhile to find it well here it is : Issued Patents: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...tary%22&d=PTXT

Pending Patents: http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...tary%22&d=PG01

Licensed Patents: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...eesmann&d=PTXT

Click on each patent to get a description of what it does or can replicate absolutely amazing.

I got this info from this defense contractor site wich does also R&D.

http://www.appliednanotech.net

Theres alot more defense contactor like this one this is just an example. Do your research u will be amazed of what they got.
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #20
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Sorry took me awhile to find it well here it is : Issued Patents: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...tary%22&d=PTXT

Pending Patents: http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...tary%22&d=PG01

Licensed Patents: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...eesmann&d=PTXT

Click on each patent to get a description of what it does or can replicate absolutely amazing.

I got this info from this defense contractor site wich does also R&D.

http://www.appliednanotech.net

Theres alot more defense contactor like this one this is just an example. Do your research u will be amazed of what they got.

I´m a bit late, but thanks a lot for the links..

wishing life was as simple as this..
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #21
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member

After reading all this info..... Nanotechnology might just save our enviornment and ourselves, from total destruction.
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote