Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Microtrends: Amnesia beams

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle5123038.ece
November 15, 2008

From The TimesNovember 15, 2008

Microtrends: Amnesia beams

Murad Ahmed
You remember how in Men in Black if civilians saw the aliens, they got flashed with a beam of light, and would forget it instantly? You don’t? Maybe you too have had your memory erased…

- You see, amnesia beams are no longer science fiction. Researchers in America and China have found a way of selectively erasing memories in mice.

- Previously, by eliminating a brain receptor, scientists created rodents that couldn’t form any memories. Now they can erase a specific memory as it occurs by attacking a protein in the brain.

- It isn’t ready for humans, but the US military has already shown interest. The Pentagon has spent a lot of time and money in the past on developing ways to manipulate the memories of soldiers with post-traumatic stress disorder.

- Researchers have shown that a bright flash from a beam of electrons causes amnesia in rats. Strobe lights have also been used as non-lethal weapons to disorientate the enemy. And if they use amnesia beams to strip people of their recollections of UFOs, it’s unlikely you would ever know about it.
Memories of mice selectively erased:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1022135801.htm

Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Microtrends: Amnesia beams

hmmm..US military "SHOWS" interest...
they don`t want us to think, that they already used it

can u guess which mice they used as guinea pig?

Last edited by capreycorn; 11-15-2008 at 11:11 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=capreycorn;80642can u guess which mice they used as guinea pig?[/QUOTE]
that was a good one
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
that was a good one
thanks

this amnesia tool could be a good thing..
if we could zap away the "bush" era out of our memory...
i read some scientology books (2 or 3) in the past..to me it seemed that their basic idea for healing trauma was through amnesia..but..i did not study it any further, because it looked like a incomplete theory to me. (kind of like unsatisfying as eating herbalife for the rest of life)
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
It isn’t ready for humans, but the US military has already shown interest.
Since when did the military treat anyone, especially our soldiers, like humans?

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Now that I have jogged my memory a bit...

Here is a story and a situation whioch should give pause, really. Police deterining that a person on the street is "out of control" and them administering a drug which, not only renders them unconscious, but also removes the suspect's memory of the event.
The drug is called Midazolam, which is better known as Versed.

"The drug has an amnesia effect, and we use that therapeutically because one of the nice ways to take care of the discomfort is to make people forget that they've had it," said biomedical ethics and law enforcement expert Dr. Steven Miles.

But the shots have also been used on the streets on people police said were out of control.

One of the first to get the shot administered to them was Dameon Beasley.

"Well, that night, I hadn't been properly taking my meds, you know, like I'm supposed to. I got so depressed that when I was up on the bridge running into traffic back and forth, cars dodging me, swerving, I ended up with two sharp objects in my hands. By that time, the police had arrived. I was charging them with these sharp objects trying to make them shoot me, actually yelling at them to shoot me," he said.

When a Taser didn't work on Beasley, police turned to a brand new protocol -- an injection of Versed. Officers called emergency medical personnel for the injection.

"I remember they were holding me down. There was maybe four or five on each side, and I remember they were calling for something, you know. Some guy came up on the left side and hit me with it," he said.

"I do know that whatever it was works immediately. I mean, you ain't got a chance if you are 300 pounds. It's like a horse tranquilizer. I don't care. You're gone. It's a wrap," he said.

Beasley said he had no idea what happened after he was injected.

"I woke up -- I don't know how much time had passed -- with a sergeant standing over me telling me to sign here. I didn't know what I was signing. I just signed a piece of paper and was immediately right back out," he said.
You can read the full text of the original story here. Mind you the original story on MSNBC is gone. Removed. and a search of MSNBC for the words "police" and "Versed" now produce ZERO hits.

So yeah, we violated your rights, illegally questioned you, searched you, your vehicle, but now instead of worrying about a lawsuit, or some such silly thing, we'll just give you a shot (honest! He looked outa control to me!), and when you wake up, you sign a confession, a statement waiving rights, and who knows what else.

And this ain't "someday" either! They've been using this for almost 3 years.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote