Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Neuroimaging Of Brain Shows Who Spoke To A Person And What Was Said

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1110071240.htm
It gets stranger!
ScienceDaily (Nov. 10, 2008) — Scientists from Maastricht University have developed a method to look into the brain of a person and read out who has spoken to him or her and what was said. With the help of neuroimaging and data mining techniques the researchers mapped the brain activity associated with the recognition of speech sounds and voices.

In their Science article "'Who' is Saying 'What'? Brain-Based Decoding of Human Voice and Speech," the four authors demonstrate that speech sounds and voices can be identified by means of a unique 'neural fingerprint' in the listener's brain. In the future this new knowledge could be used to improve computer systems for automatic speech and speaker recognition.

Seven study subjects listened to three different speech sounds (the vowels /a/, /i/ and /u/), spoken by three different people, while their brain activity was mapped using neuroimaging techniques (fMRI). With the help of data mining methods the researchers developed an algorithm to translate this brain activity into unique patterns that determine the identity of a speech sound or a voice. The various acoustic characteristics of vocal cord vibrations (neural patterns) were found to determine the brain activity.

cont.on link above.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Neuroimaging Of Brain Shows Who Spoke To A Person And What Was Said

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to excercise that right, we'll simply pull out the toys and rip it from your skull, shredding whatever gets in our way."

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

so in future, married couples will have such handheld devices, with which they`ll just scan each others brains, while the "suspect" is asleep...

"oh look who`s talking/gulping to you there! the person you promised me you`d never talk to or see again!"

next morning: "no hillary, i promise i haven`t seen monica again ..ever since..."
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE

Antaletriangle you find very cool links!!!

thanks!
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote