Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Alternative Science

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Are there any scientists among us??

There are so many ideas I have had over the years as far as tests/experiments and what not, however I lack the knowledge to do so. And so I was wondering if we have any true scientists among our members. If so, what is your field of research? Is there any thing you dabble in on the side or are interested in?
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are there any scientists among us??

I'm not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV, but many in my family are scientists or are retired scientists from the academic side of things (as opposed to corporate). Their interest are in education, perception and neurochemistry. My interests tend towards physics, cosmology, and engineering (computers, robotics, free energy, antigravity).

You don't have to be a scientist (as in blessed with a PhD by academia) in order to do science. Often learning current scientific dogma can be an obstacle to significant breakthroughs. What are your interests/ideas?
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

To be honest Jnana there really isn't anything that I'm NOT interested in. I dabble in magnetics, am a closet quantum physics buff, enjoy things involving acoustics, and read anything I can find about human consciousness and the brain.

I mentioned in another thread of how I am excited to move to Oregon to study the Oregon Vortex. Though I'm not sure if that is allowed. Also in Oregon is the Golden Triangle, which is a very powerful confluence of Ley Lines which I am equally interested in exploring.

Pretty much if it peaks my interest, I'll bite
Old 05-14-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

I'm a Medical Technologist and I studied the biology, biochemistry, and physiology of the body. I know some stuff about the various types of lab equipment needed. If TSHTF, I could with a few simple supplies set up a basic rudimentary lab to test for things such as acute (sudden) blood loss and if the person needs a transfusion, and could check if a donor would be a good basic blood type match.

One of the most exciting fields is that for the last 60 years orthomolecular scientists have known how to do lab tests for those with mental illness and how to devise a nutritional program that cure over 80%, maybe as high as 90% of cases of schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, etc. (Have to stay on the supplements.) The are something like 5 types of depression and same for schizophrenia, and if you give a person the wrong type of treatment, it can actually make them worse. Instead of having to be a zombie on 5 types of Pharma Drugs, you can actually get to the biochemical root of the problem - and have no side-effects.

Now I know the field of psychology is all messed up with those artificial divisions into diagnostic labels - but mental illness does indeed exist, as can be proven by deranged lab results, and with the proper nutrients a person and their family can be free of a life-time of torment or of a zombified existence.

For more information:
http://alternativementalhealth.com/
Index to articles
http://alternativementalhealth.com/articles/default.htm
Dr. William Walsh notes
http://alternativementalhealth.com/articles/walsh.htm
5 types of depression
http://alternativementalhealth.com/articles/walsh.htm#D
Schizophrenia
http://www.alternativementalhealth.c.../walshQZ.htm#S
Pregnancy and Post Partum Depression (after the baby is born)
http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...alshMP.htm#Pos
Psychiatric Medications
http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...alshMP.htm#Pos

http://www.amenclinics.com/

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life.

Amen Clinics is dedicated to improving the lives of every family we serve through education, the latest advances in neuroimaging, and individualized treatment plans. We believe in using the least toxic, most effective treatments for our patients, and use a variety of interventions from natural supplements, medications, dietary interventions and targeted forms of psychotherapy.

http://www.amenclinics.com/brain-sci...image-gallery/

SPECT Gallery

Our SPECT Image gallery contains fully animated 3-D brain images as a learning resource. Each animation is presented in a full 360° rotation. Use the table below to select the condition of interest and select the view link to watch the animation.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
You don't have to be a scientist (as in blessed with a PhD by academia) in order to do science. Often learning current scientific dogma can be an obstacle to significant breakthroughs.
It's difficult for a person who thinks outside the box to get a Ph D.

-feeler
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I want to make this perfectly clear...I am not a scientist...rocket or otherwise. I am also not a psychologist or psychiatrist...though I am as crazy as one! Just a thought about mental illness. Life is hard...and when people are distressed because of this...does that make them mentally ill? Life is hard...and when couples have problems because of this...does that make them incompatible? Thomas Szasz wrote a book titled 'The Myth of Mental Illness'. All of the drugs...legal and illegal...are really screwing us up. Also...the ****on television and in movies...combined with really sick video games...militates mightily against sanity. Malevolent entities probably don't help either.

Science is not our savior. The advanced weaponry may exterminate us. I don't even want to think about what scientists are creating in underground bases and black project labs. One can gain massive amounts of information on the internet and in the library. In fact...interdisciplinary research may be more easily accomplished by someone who is working independently...and not in an institutional setting.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 AM   #7
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Science is not our savior. The advanced weaponry may exterminate us. I don't even want to think about what scientists are creating in underground bases and black project labs. One can gain massive amounts of information on the internet and in the library. In fact...interdisciplinary research may be more easily accomplished by someone who is working independently...and not in an institutional setting.
Science (or my interest in science) led me to meta-physics, which led me to spirituality. Take a look at 9/11, as entailed in the following sequence. 1. Each tower was severed in the mid-section. 2. The top section was imploded. 3. Serial explosions were racing towards the ground in the lower section. 4. Midway through, the top and lower sections were vaporized. All these were made possible by a group of psychopathic top scientists with alien technology at hand, not by a drunk!

-feeler
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 AM   #8
Sibir
Avalon Senior Member

I have a master degree in Molecular Biology - DNA, and a chemical engineer... If you have any questions in these subjects, I might be able to help....

Love
Sibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #9
no caste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
To be honest Jnana there really isn't anything that I'm NOT interested in. I dabble in magnetics, am a closet quantum physics buff, enjoy things involving acoustics, and read anything I can find about human consciousness and the brain.

I mentioned in another thread of how I am excited to move to Oregon to study the Oregon Vortex. Though I'm not sure if that is allowed. Also in Oregon is the Golden Triangle, which is a very powerful confluence of Ley Lines which I am equally interested in exploring.

Pretty much if it peaks my interest, I'll bite
Hi Lorien - I'm an engineering drop-out.

My interests run very similarly to yours. You may be interested in this video. I was super enthused about it, when I watched it a few months ago.

THUNDERBOLTS OF THE GODS
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...16220374&hl=en

"The Thunderbolts Project calls into question not only countless modern scientific assumptions, but also the billions of dollars of big-science government and corporate funding that continues to preserve and entrench questionable theories - elevating them to the status of doctrine - while systematically excluding legitimate alternatives that threaten the status-quo. Alternatives that may represent the future of science. The Thunderbolts Project offers remarkably simple explanations for 'black holes', 'dark matter', the electric sun, comets that are NOT made of ice, planetary scarring and many other 'mysterious' phenomena. It proposes that much of the currently observable phenomena of deep space can be intelligently explained by already known principles of electricity. High school students get it immediately. A doctorate in higher math is not required. This extraordinary new theory also redefines ancient history, linking rock art images carved in basalt 5,000 years ago with identical images found only in Hubble photographs of deep space or in photographs of recently declassified high-energy plasma discharge experiments generated in a billion dollar lab. The Thunderbolts Project invites you to participate in this revolution, to test and even challenge its validity, or, if finding it rational and intriguing enough, to contribute to its expansion and further evolution. Thank you, The Thunderbolts Project«"
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

I'm NOT a scientists and I don't play one in the movies....

I'm just a lowly D officer.....

I destroy Sh*t... That's what I do... My mum said when I was little

I was made for the job.....

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I'm a Medical Technologist and I studied the biology, biochemistry, and physiology of the body. I know some stuff about the various types of lab equipment needed. If TSHTF, I could with a few simple supplies set up a basic rudimentary lab to test for things such as acute (sudden) blood loss and if the person needs a transfusion, and could check if a donor would be a good basic blood type match.

One of the most exciting fields is that for the last 60 years orthomolecular scientists have known how to do lab tests for those with mental illness and how to devise a nutritional program that cure over 80%, maybe as high as 90% of cases of schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, etc. (Have to stay on the supplements.) The are something like 5 types of depression and same for schizophrenia, and if you give a person the wrong type of treatment, it can actually make them worse. Instead of having to be a zombie on 5 types of Pharma Drugs, you can actually get to the biochemical root of the problem - and have no side-effects.
If this is true Karen, then why is this not more widely known and used? I know many people who suffer from supposed depression and bipolar disorder and are so highly medicated it's not funny. Then again, I guess if they cured everyone then how would they make money right?

Quote:
I know that science is not our savior, however it is also not the devil. Just as they say with guns, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Science, when used properly and responsibly can change our lives for the better. AS I have said elsewhere, imagine if all the energies the worlds scientists have put into death and destruction for the last few centuries had been put into good? Where would we be now? Probably not even on this planet.

I do agree with you orthodoxy that much can be done in an independent environment, however the lack of funds such a research grants hinders anything major from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Hi Lorien - I'm an engineering drop-out.

My interests run very similarly to yours. You may be interested in this video. I was super enthused about it, when I watched it a few months ago.

THUNDERBOLTS OF THE GODS
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...16220374&hl=en

"The Thunderbolts Project calls into question not only countless modern scientific assumptions, but also the billions of dollars of big-science government and corporate funding that continues to preserve and entrench questionable theories - elevating them to the status of doctrine - while systematically excluding legitimate alternatives that threaten the status-quo. Alternatives that may represent the future of science. The Thunderbolts Project offers remarkably simple explanations for 'black holes', 'dark matter', the electric sun, comets that are NOT made of ice, planetary scarring and many other 'mysterious' phenomena. It proposes that much of the currently observable phenomena of deep space can be intelligently explained by already known principles of electricity. High school students get it immediately. A doctorate in higher math is not required. This extraordinary new theory also redefines ancient history, linking rock art images carved in basalt 5,000 years ago with identical images found only in Hubble photographs of deep space or in photographs of recently declassified high-energy plasma discharge experiments generated in a billion dollar lab. The Thunderbolts Project invites you to participate in this revolution, to test and even challenge its validity, or, if finding it rational and intriguing enough, to contribute to its expansion and further evolution. Thank you, The Thunderbolts Project«"
That video is one of my favorites no caste! It just connects everything so clearly. It boggles my mind that this is not more closely being studied and pursued in mainstream science. What kind of engineering were you studying?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Just a thought about mental illness. Life is hard...and when people are distressed because of this...does that make them mentally ill? Life is hard...and when couples have problems because of this...does that make them incompatible? Thomas Szasz wrote a book titled 'The Myth of Mental Illness'. All of the drugs...legal and illegal...are really screwing us up. Also...the ****on television and in movies...combined with really sick video games...militates mightily against sanity. Malevolent entities probably don't help either.
Szasz has some interesting and honorable ideas. I haven't studied him but a quick look shows he stood up against psychiatric abuses. Yes, the insanity is these psychiatric drugs and treatments like shock therapy can have horrible and permanent side effects and that is why when ever I get a chance I advocate for the sanity of using natural vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Stress-distress depletes B vitamins in the body and yes, in a state of depletion of the nutrients the body needs, the emotions can get out of balance. Provide extra nutrients and the body can heal itself.

Where Szaz goes wrong is in saying there are no objective findings in mental illness. Well there are. You can do blood and urine tests to pinpoint the affected biochemical pathway and you can give the nutrients to fix it, with ZERO side-effects. Here is one place where you can go for such tests and treatment. http://www.hriptc.org/index.php

When a dentist Weston A Price http://westonaprice.org travelled the world in the 1930's studying the world's healthiest cultures, he found they were in isolated pockets, still ate their traditional diets and were yet untouched by the devitalized canned and processed "foods of commerce." These cultures had very little or no physical illness, tooth decay, and no mental illness. They had no police, no violence - until those "foods of commerce" replaced their traditional diets of living off the land and nearby waters - and then they began getting all the diseases and social problems that plague Western Society.

Speaking of violence on TV and in video games - TPTB and military have actually had a hand in this development - helping to "program" children into good little gun toting cannon fodder for their wars without end. The whole field of psychiatry was affected by those who control everything and master in mind-control and programs such as MK-Ultra. The field is indeed very corrupt and in need of being exposed for what it is. Mental illness is as real as the obesity plague - because malnutrition is rampant in a world that consumes too many calories and not enough vitamins and minerals. Minerals are an important key as they control the enzyme functions and the BigAgri lands are depleted of minerals.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
If this is true Karen, then why is this not more widely known and used? I know many people who suffer from supposed depression and bipolar disorder and are so highly medicated it's not funny. Then again, I guess if they cured everyone then how would they make money right?
Most don't know about this because of intentional suppression. Oh, yes, the suppression of nutrient treatment for mental illness, cancer, and almost all disease is all about follow the money. One of my favorite stories to tell is about bipolar ...
http://truehope.com/default.aspx
Quote:
EMPowerplus -A new approach to mental wellness

EMPowerplus is Truehope Nutritional Support Ltd's revolutionary micronutrient treatment developed to address the symptoms of mental illnesses such as bipolar affective disorder, depression, schizophrenia, attention deficit disorder and other central nervous system disorders. Thousands of people with mental illnesses now depend on EMPowerplus to effectively control their symptoms, without significant side effects.
So who came up with this True Hope formula? A great scientist? NO! A father and his friend that knew about a nutritional treatment for ornery pigs. They mixed up a batch in the kitchen. This father had a large family with his wife who committed suicide because of inherited Bipolar Affective Disorder. Two of the children had the disorder and it was a living nightmare. There's no way you could tell this family that mental illness is a myth. Cocktails of 4 and 5 drugs left the kids zombified, but with still having breakthroughs. Today, with the nutritional supplement, these children have grown up to lead healthy, normal and productive lives.

Did you know we could cure most of criminality with nutrition?
http://www.crimetimes.org/

http://www.relfe.com/miracle_wisconsin_school.html
Quote:
A miracle in a Wisconsin Schoolby Ron Rappoport Friday November 01, 2002 12:32 PM Healthy diet improves life in wisconsin school
OCTOBER 14. In Appleton, Wisconsin, a revolution has occurred. Its taken place in the Central Alternative High School. The kids now behave. The hallways arent frantic. Even the teachers are happy.
The school used to be out of control. Kids packed weapons. Discipline problems swamped the principals office.
But not since 1997.
What happened? Did they line every inch of space with cops? Did they spray valium gas in the classrooms? Did they install metal detectors in the bathrooms? Did they build holding cells in the gym?
Afraid not. In 1997, a private group called Natural Ovens began installing a healthy lunch program. Huh?
keep reading at the link above.

OK, I feel like I'm hijacking the thread - will start a new thread if I want to continue.

Last edited by Karen; 05-14-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #14
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

A True Scientist is one who applies LOGIC in whatever is under study. A True Scientist follows inspiration which leads from the Known to the unknown through correct LOGIC. A True Scientist will admit when his ideas are wrong, in the need to reach to Truth. There are no Dogmas in the thinking of the True Scientist, no cherished "beliefs." The True Scientist seeks to Know Truth, will stand by Truth when it is found, for Knowledge of Truth leads to Wisdom.

Perhaps you may be interested to read my discussion on Dark Energy, Dark Matter, and Zero-Point Space ... at the following link ... :::

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ht=Dark+energy

Anyone may be a True Scientist, degree or not. One only has to apply LOGIC in the Knowledge of TRUTH.

Peace

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #15
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_rod7 View Post

A True Scientist is one who applies LOGIC in whatever is under study. A True Scientist follows inspiration which leads from the Known to the unknown through correct LOGIC. A True Scientist will admit when his ideas are wrong, in the need to reach to Truth. There are no Dogmas in the thinking of the True Scientist, no cherished "beliefs." The True Scientist seeks to Know Truth, will stand by Truth when it is found, for Knowledge of Truth leads to Wisdom.

Perhaps you may be interested to read my discussion on Dark Energy, Dark Matter, and Zero-Point Space ... at the following link ... :::

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ht=Dark+energy

Anyone may be a True Scientist, degree or not. One only has to apply LOGIC in the Knowledge of TRUTH.

Peace

Well said J_rod.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 AM   #16
no caste

Quote:
That video is one of my favorites no caste! It just connects everything so clearly. It boggles my mind that this is not more closely being studied and pursued in mainstream science. What kind of engineering were you studying?
Mechanical engineering - haha those were the days (early '80s) - all Newton, all day. I've turned around to a more experiential, phenomenological, kinetic way of wondering about things now, e.g. the Periodic Table is a vibrational chart of elemental energy not exactly matter...

I dunno.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #17
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

I was formally trained in electrical engineering, with a master's degree in systems control, and completed the course work for a Ph.D. in computer engineering. I always valued the Truth, and spent the first half of my life trying to understand it from the science perspective, and the last half from a spiritual perspective.

Spirituality is concerned with the Truth or Laws of existence, beyond the limitations of space and time, which have been the playground for science. Science uses the faculty of reason and logic, which can be considered to be inferior to the higher faculty of awareness and direct knowing. God does not reason, God knows. The promise of the Aquarian age as a convergence of Science and Spirituality, will be realized through the balanced development of these faculties.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote