Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Suriel

Wink What Really Happened to Our Economy and the Transitions Ahead

Hello members of Avalon. I found a good source (part one) that explains what really happened to our economy. And it will also explain the natural transitions we will experience due to these changes. You will notice many articles on the news reflecting the economic changes.

I know what we all experienced and are experiencing is shocking. So now we must all come together and evaluate what we do from here. Remain positive.
Be rational. Here is part two of the video.

Here is the video description:

Quote:
In this Brand New DVD presentation Don and David McAlvany analyze the financial market chaos of 2008 and its immediate impact on the real world economy of 2009 and beyond. After viewing this exclusive presentation you will better understand how to solidify your future and protect your assets. It's your choice. Order your FREE copy today at www.mcalvany.com/request.php or call 800 525 9556
I know the media can put you in the dark. These videos help explain more on what really happened.

Peace.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What Really Happened to Our Economy and the Transitions Ahead

Good stuff
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

im not looking forward to a 1 world currency and the rfid tags ill be required to use to spend it.. infact i wont be joining in im off
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Suriel

Wink Re: What Really Happened to Our Economy and the Transitions Ahead

Unforunately, they sold us out. Now we need to think about how we can recover our economy and create new jobs for the American people. I believe in the free market. And the free market will be our answer.

Here is a video of Ron Paul, the Last American.

We need to create solutions for our own problems. We need to be self-efficient. Let's focus on Mainstreet.
We also need to focus on the world. We can share our resources to make the world a better place.

Last edited by Suriel; 10-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

No offense whatsoever, but it sounds like somebody needs to watch Zeitgeist Addendum.
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Suriel

No offense taken. I have seen that movie. And I found it interesting. It would be nice to have a people serving technology economic system.

But, I doubt the people in power will allow that. There need to be positive changes made in our government and society before we enter the Golden Age. We are going through a transition.

Peace.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
im not looking forward to a 1 world currency and the rfid tags ill be required to use to spend it.. infact i wont be joining in im off
I agree. There cannot be the same system put back in place or we would be enslaving ourselves once again.

Peace,
Ampgod
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
izz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriel View Post
Now we need to think about how we can recover our economy and create new jobs for the American people. I believe in the free market. And the free market will be our answer.

We need to create solutions for our own problems.

you know it has just occured to me that that is OUR PROBLEM ..

we are just focused on OURSELVES .. with a little NATIONAL focus thrown in ..

maybe it would be a good thing to think of all the planet as one family .. and look for solutions for all

no disrespect suriel i have just been thinking about this alot lately and your post triggered that thought again
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
Suriel

I agree. We need to focus on the world. And what we do in one location can help spread to all areas of the globe. Good point.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the most detailed showing of the facts I have seen.

Peace
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
everready
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone,

I haven't had time yet to watch the film summary, but I have a few questions maybe someone could answer. For example, all the banks are falling, but I can still walk to the shops and buy food. I can still get petrol, buy clothes, eat at a restaurant and order stuff online. i can still do anything I want basically. So why and when would THIS reality start to change? And what would be the first signs of this to see ..

I'm just not seeing any signs in real time yet that the problems are as real as we read about - so how can this be??? Any feedback appreciated ..
everready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
Suriel

I believe the main changes that will occur is fixed pricing from the Federal Reserve and higher prices in stores. We are in an inflation recession that could borderline a depression. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

The banks are insured by the FDIC, but they are being bought out and consolidated. We may see a rise in job losses and less ability to get loans for cars and houses. Retirement funds will be jeopardized.

I am not an economist. Maybe someone else can help add to my information.

Fellow Avalon Economist Skilled Members please give your input.

Peace.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #13
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everready View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't had time yet to watch the film summary, but I have a few questions maybe someone could answer. For example, all the banks are falling, but I can still walk to the shops and buy food. I can still get petrol, buy clothes, eat at a restaurant and order stuff online. i can still do anything I want basically. So why and when would THIS reality start to change? And what would be the first signs of this to see ..

I'm just not seeing any signs in real time yet that the problems are as real as we read about - so how can this be??? Any feedback appreciated ..
Just my view and not really as informed as i should be, however:-

If your bank fails then its likely you wont be using your card.

If the same bank fails, the businesses which use that bank for short term borrowing for cash flow, ie to buy stock befoer they get a large payment in, cant use that bank for short term cash flow so then they need cash and quick, then they start the fire sale. Big reductions.

If this was a company supplying food then its fair to say a certain supply of a certain food may be delayed or lost forever. If this was a budget company then the people who shopped there would have to go elsewhere and thus creating higher general demand for that product and higher prices.

It started to affect you years ago and ina way always has. Higher energy and food costs.

i suppose you want to know what factors have the biggest effect so that they cause you massive short term problems with access to cash and resources. Their plan is the problem, reaction solution scenario but slowly and one area at a time. Depending on your views, they cant benefit from a full blown countrywide economic crash, banking, transport, logistics etc. Thats more likely to create more crime and a higher risk of civil war.

How can you prepare? have multiple bank accounts and multiple credit cards available as a last resort. Spread your savings around etc

And apart from the Avalon ground crew related stuff towards off the grid self sufficiency I cant think of much more right now this moment
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
everready
Avalon Senior Member

Thankyou Mike, that helps to clarify things for me. I appreciate your time and interest.
everready is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american, crisis, dollar, economy, future