Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #701
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Problem is human beings are incapable of telling truth from false hood.
If we had listened to the teachers we have had since the very begining.
The Vedas, Upanishads, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus all saying the same thing basically love God as God is Love 1st and 2nd commandment then we would not have gone through wars the horrendous times that we have gone through.
Krishna said from time to time I incarnate so he may well be with us now.

The wolves in sheep's clothing, you will know them by the fruits of their actions.
That is why I investigate fully those I learn from.

Anyone who reads "Power versus Force" or "Truth Versus False Hood" by Dr David Hawkins will discover that Kiesthology is recomended as a tool to use to validate for yourself, truth from false hood.

I have put again the link for Hawkins publishers if you go there please read the "about" section and you will see the actions taken by Dr Hawkins.
My suggestion is, don't ever take anyone else's word on something of vital importance check and re check for you own piece of mind.

http://www.veritaspub.com/

Regards to all seekers of Truth.

Namaste
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #702
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

Problem is human beings are incapable of telling truth from false hood.

Agree that most probably don't, due to the tendency of listening to their "ego's" than to the voice within.

If we had listened to the teachers we have had since the very begining.
The Vedas, Upanishads, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus all saying the same thing basically love God as God is Love 1st and 2nd commandment then we would not have gone through wars the horrendous times that we have gone through.
Krishna said from time to time I incarnate so he may well be with us now.

The wolves in sheep's clothing, you will know them by the fruits of their actions.
That is why I investigate fully those I learn from.

Great, I hope Chris you realized that my post was in no way intended at yourself, but as "general wisdom" for everybody who reads here.
Sorry if I offended the "ego".

Anyone who reads "Power versus Force" or "Truth Versus False Hood" by Dr David Hawkins will discover that Kiesthology is recomended as a tool to use to validate for yourself, truth from false hood.

I have put again the link for Hawkins publishers if you go there please read the "about" section and you will see the actions taken by Dr Hawkins.
My suggestion is, don't ever take anyone else's word on something of vital importance check and re check for you own piece of mind.

I was able to finish downloading the torrent that you posted with Dr. DH material; more than 16GB of data. I will let you know soon my comments if any. Love to you!

http://www.veritaspub.com/

Regards to all seekers of Truth.

Namaste
Chris
~ Namaste ~
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #703
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dear 14. Have you actually read a book by DH all the way through?
Or The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle?
Im no going to disagree with any one about their chosen path, each is right for for the person at their present level of understanding.

Dr Hawkins is accessing the field of consciousness through muscle testing not anyone on the other side ascended master or otherwise, further more the answers can be tested by muscle testing by 20% of the population as fully explained in his books. Muscle testing is using the arm not fingers and requires two people of integrity.

As for the validity of Revelations you would have to ask him, Dr Hawkins or read his books.
He is saying that, that book in the bible was channeled from the lower astral and you know what trouble makers they are. John spoke the truth about Armageddon but it is going to happen in the lower astral realm not ours.
If Revelations had not been added to the Bible then we would have a much more peaceful world in my opinion. That book, Relevations has caused so much fear and division in the world. God is of Love and unity.
Who exactly decided to include the book of Revelations? Many books were omitted

Anyway you are entitled to your beliefs.
Kim Michaels has Eckhart Tolle as friend on his web site, truth is coming from Eckhart.
You will not find Eckhart say one word about Revelations. He is one of the leading spiritual teachers of Now. If Revelations was that important then I think he would address it in his books.
To repeat there is a difference between being a channel and channeling.
Back to Rumini. The hole in the flute, listen to the music.
I am not saying channeling is invalid just pointing out the difference.

Any teacher that says you can be more than God is in my humble opinion saying the same as the devil tempting Jesus. Im not saying a teacher is the devil just mislead.
You will not find one established teaching or religion regardless of place or time that even hints at the possibility of being more than God.
Name one for me.
With love and respect
Chris

Indeed, the only info I truly trust is that which comes to me through meridian tapping, which is similar to muscle testing. I have not learned muscle testing.

I place my fingers on my chest bone, saying "I am animal, human, divine", ask my question or make my statement, and then lightly touch the pressure points around my eye socket. It circumvents the interference and apparitions imposed by the AI and the Phoenix Project electronics
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #704
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
Conquer your Fears, & embarrass your pride. Somehow become vulnerable and live in that place for a while.
At this instant i am living in sorrow and self-pity, and it is not all mine. Planet of sorrow and self-pity, dangerous to be here and still maintain personal awareness. Contamination possibilities. Better to be detached from the matrix.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #705
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Chris,

Even with meridian tapping and muscle testing, I find I must be clear and unfiltered to receive the best truth. Sometimes, if issue is emotionally charged I have to work through it several times.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #706
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Thought that this short video had a great message that reflects with this thread.
It can also be found in this other thread:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...&postcount=278

Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #707
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
~ Namaste ~
Morning Dan
You will find the videos interesting to say the least, he has some sense of humor.
Some one asked him what would he do if threatened by a man with a gun.
His answer was.
"I would put my hands over my ears and say shoot, I cant stand loud noises"

Death holds no fear when the ego is transcended.

Chris
Namaste.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #708
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
At this instant i am living in sorrow and self-pity, and it is not all mine. Planet of sorrow and self-pity, dangerous to be here and still maintain personal awareness. Contamination possibilities. Better to be detached from the matrix.
Tangent Time,
It is dangerous to be in self-pity, I look at this as the ego grabbing a hold. Thats another step is to recongize what type of ego you have or where it hides. Its not necessarily the hollywood attention ho. It could creep out and

do the whole feel sorry for myself thing, especially if its outloud. For me these things when conquered or when one survives the experience, it nibbles away at the ego. It has to learn to hide elsewhere. For me My ego took a

huge hit, when I had a near death experience. I didnt die. but physically i was put in a position due to an extreme surgery. Where I was completely vulnerable. I couldnt move and i went through hosipital stuff, lol, that I just

had to roll with. Instead of hanging on to the trama , i pushed through and came out the otherside with my ego leveled! aka taking down a notch. I used to be a very agressive person, and angry at times, that ego is gone. Its

hard to pick a fight with me these days. Not to say this might be due to me phyiscally not being the same. But either way my fighting ego got its ass kicked. Now this isnt all good because sometimes agression or fighting is

necessary or a certain type of aggresive ambtion. Especially in the workforce or sportworld. What I am learning now is how to rebuild this in a more positive way. Anyway , lol
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #709
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Dan
Hope you get as much from the videos as I did.
The books are a little more in depth after he first one but there is a lot in the videos of interest.
He talks to the intellect with slides to begin with.
Some quantom mechanics etc
With Love Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #710
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

To my amazement there has been over 12.000 thousand "hits" to this thread and many great contributions and there may be more.
Thanks
Ch
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #711
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

12,000 hits, that does tell me something. Sometimes though I would like to see a balance between the philosophy and theory portion and posted results from actual doingnesses, either past or present. Practical applications, and wins.

For example, if the ego comes up in my session and gets processed, or if something occurred with me today that helped me change my ego responses.

The reason for doing this is that people won't get stuck in intellectualizing, or simply "understanding" versus actually experiencing and personal knowing.

Kind of like having a thread all about riding a bike, but no one is ever going to actually get on a bike and ride it and then post about it.

I would like to hear more personal stories of how someone bested their ego. I think I've already started to contribute. I have been told that I am heavily into practicality -- you know -- head in the clouds, feet on the ground type of person :-)

That is probablyl what makes me adequately equipped to giving people sessions of the type that make them go and handle their ego stuff for real and subjectively.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #712
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

The reason for doing this is that people won't get stuck in intellectualizing, or simply "understanding" versus actually experiencing and personal knowing.

Kind of like having a thread all about riding a bike, but no one is ever going to actually get on a bike and ride it and then post about it.

I would like to hear more personal stories of how someone bested their ego. I think I've already started to contribute. I have been told that I am heavily into practicality -- you know -- head in the clouds, feet on the ground type of person :-)

Think being practical my friend is a great help.
Im used to sharing so in a strange way its talking about a situation. event rather than talking about me.

At an AA meeting I heard a Dr say "Is there no such thing as justified anger, after all Jesus was angry at the Temple? The answer was "Jesus wasn't an Alcoholic"
Unfortunately the Dr took no heed and got drunk and died.
Im fortunate in that the consequences of me not learning to at least to tame the ego is certain death. Not being morose thats fact.

So the good news is that I learned to bend with life.
So I am still on great terms with both ex wives because there was an acceptance that things run their course. No blaming on either side, just it is as it is and my 5 children get on well with their half brother and sisters. If I had got angry and blamed then the story would have not had a good result.
Its simple would I rather be right or happy?
If negative thought arises I surrender it to God. He can deal with it far better than I.

Eckhart Tolle made a great difference in my life with "The Power of Now"
all of a sudden the penny dropped big time.
If some one was expressing anger at me I took it very personally after all I was a good person wasn't I? I did my best so why the anger?
Eckhart point out. People are just being angry its not a personal event. If a person is angry and doesn't know how to safely release, it will manifest at the slightest imagined slight. Pain body looking for a feed.
I also learned there isn't an enemy out there, no one to blame. I am responsible for the way I feel and act.
What no enemy? The ego is then starved of drama and begins to dissolve.

There is a consequence for every thought and action.
So as ego disolves right action begin to happen, virtually automatically and the consequences are that you begin to live in a much happier world, your world you made it.

I wrote much more than I intended but it may be of benefit to some one.

Please contribute your story, reader, you could really help some one.

Chris

W
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #713
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Chris,

That meant so much more to me than all the philosophizing. It helps me to see what you really experienced and processed to get where you are now.

One thought was that if a person is successful in stopping to drink then it gives a chance for their liver to heal and it seems that mis-emotional states can be associated with toxins in the liver, although it is not simply a physical issue

The obvious also, is that we are confronting our own ego imbalances, putting our attention on it, so I guess we are receiving the fruits of our labors, not just dancing around the issue with armchair philosphizing/intellectualizing.

I like to imagine that there is some point where we no longer look back and I will know what I need to know to make sure I never get myself in this fix again (unless I want to, lol).

Also, it seems that in my case the peeling away of ego imbalances leaves me feeling like I have it all wrapped up until I hit the next layer, lol. "Darn, I thought I cleared all that out!" is my usual first response.

I have never used my methods or modalities yet to help someone who has urges towards alcohol, but I suppose I would simply treat it as another compulsion. Remains to be seen.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #714
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #715
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not sure if I can put truth and reality on the same pedestal. Truthing is for me an ongoing process from one truth to the next higher truth, and all the previous levels of truth still noted because they might be useful to continue to know in order to share someone else's reality.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #716
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if I can put truth and reality on the same pedestal. Truthing is for me an ongoing process from one truth to the next higher truth, and all the previous levels of truth still noted because they might be useful to continue to know in order to share someone else's reality.
I think we can get too complex with definitions and labels.
I helped a couple of people with Bio-energy who were "clinically depressed" They were almost proud that the were "clinically" so, it made them feel special (ego) try giving up something that makes you feel special.
Bio-energy doesn't need to know anything about the dis-ease. Just removes it.
With love
Chris
Old 03-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #717
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

The ego loves rumor.

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom.
One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who ran up to him
excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of
your students...?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell
me, I'd like you to pass a little test.. It's called
the Test of Three."

"Test of Three?"

"That's correct," Socrates continued.

"Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what
you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure
that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man replied, "actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know
if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test,
the test of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student
something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me
something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.
Socrates continued, "You may still pass though because there is a third test
- the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student
going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor
Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed and said no more.

This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher
and held in such high esteem.

Chris
Old 03-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #718
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."
Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."
For the soul walks upon all paths.
The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.
The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals.

Khalil Gibran

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #719
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=mudra;253431][CENTER]

Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."
Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."
For the soul walks upon all paths.
The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.
The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals.

Khalil
Amen to that Mudra.
Chris
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #720
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Pasted from the Eckhart Tolle March News letter.

What is our Relationship with our Personality after Awakening?

We sat down for a chat with Eckhart one afternoon and asked him some questions. In this issue, Eckhart reveals his thoughts on our relationship with between our ego and personality.

Question: What is our relationship with our personality after awakening & does it change?

Eckhart Tolle: Strictly speaking, before awakening, to a large extent, you don’t have a relationship with your personality; you are your personality. If you can have a relationship with your personality – which is the ego, with its way of reacting and thinking, and emotions – who is having a relationship with the personality? What that means is you are witnessing it. There is a witnessing consciousness there, and if there is a witnessing consciousness, then you can have a relationship with your personality. What that really means is, you can be there as a witnessing presence when your ego is doing something silly. And you can laugh at yourself, maybe in the moment, maybe afterwards.

If you are totally in the grip of your personality, or your ego, then of course there is no relationship because you have become it. You’re so one with all your reactive patterns and all your conditioned thinking, that you don’t even know that there’s anything else in you. You are it.

As you awaken spiritually, the awareness that is nothing to do with your personality increases, and the power of the personality, with its conditioned patterns, decreases. Gradually, the personality is no longer opaque; it is transparent to the light of awareness, or consciousness. It loses its solidity. This is why you find that in people who are awake, or people who are awakening, there is more of a lightness to them. If there’s only personality, then there’s heaviness, a psychic heaviness in you. Everything is dreadfully serious, and [you are] defensive, always wanting something, or defending yourself against something.

When you’re relating to somebody in whom there is no awareness, then you always get a slightly uncomfortable feeling, because that person is completely ill-at-ease. Ultimately, all personalities are ill-at-ease. They may pretend that they are very confident, but underneath the role of ‘confidence’, there’s always a person who feels ill-at-ease. They need to prove something, or they want something from you. That’s the personality. As you awaken, that part become a little less opaque and it becomes lighter. There’s more of an awareness that shines through the person.

Ego is complete identification with your thinking and your emotions. When you are unconscious, personality and ego are one thing. As you awaken, you become more aware of your patterns, which may to some extent still operate. I’m choosing to define personality as something that you can be aware of. It was the ego before, but you can be aware of it as patterns that still operate within you. If there is no awareness, and you are it, then it’s totally ego. As you become aware of your ego, the ego becomes the personality, and then you can have a relationship with your personality in the sense that you can be the witness.

If you have a difficult relationship with your personality, that’s a delusion. Then your personality has split itself into two, one part is having a relationship with another, and one part says “You should be better, why can’t you be more conscious?” That means there is no witnessing presence there. One part of the personality is arguing with another. The witnessing consciousness doesn’t judge. You don’t judge yourself in any way, you just see behavior. There’s no good or bad, it just is. The need to be right, for example, is a very common thing with the ego. If it’s a deep-seated need, then you can’t be wrong in an argument. There’s a compulsion to defend yourself. Then suddenly you can see it in yourself. Ultimately, having a relationship with your personality implies that there is a witnessing presence.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #721
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Chris for posting this newsletter

~ Love & Light ~
Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 AM   #722
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
Tangent Time,
It is dangerous to be in self-pity, I look at this as the ego grabbing a hold. Thats another step is to recongize what type of ego you have or where it hides. Its not necessarily the hollywood attention ho. It could creep out and

do the whole feel sorry for myself thing, especially if its outloud. For me these things when conquered or when one survives the experience, it nibbles away at the ego. It has to learn to hide elsewhere. For me My ego took a

huge hit, when I had a near death experience. I didnt die. but physically i was put in a position due to an extreme surgery. Where I was completely vulnerable. I couldnt move and i went through hosipital stuff, lol, that I just

had to roll with. Instead of hanging on to the trama , i pushed through and came out the otherside with my ego leveled! aka taking down a notch. I used to be a very agressive person, and angry at times, that ego is gone. Its

hard to pick a fight with me these days. Not to say this might be due to me phyiscally not being the same. But either way my fighting ego got its ass kicked. Now this isnt all good because sometimes agression or fighting is

necessary or a certain type of aggresive ambtion. Especially in the workforce or sportworld. What I am learning now is how to rebuild this in a more positive way. Anyway , lol
Yep, self pity is a real time waster. It is simply an inverted ego state.

Did you happen to get a transfusion? Maybe you picked up some "influence" from the blood of another person, although I doubt it would have a real lasting effect.

Right, balanced ego drives. Oh gosh, now that I can't dramatize self-pity anymore what am I going to do for a living
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #723
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I think we can get too complex with definitions and labels.
I helped a couple of people with Bio-energy who were "clinically depressed" They were almost proud that the were "clinically" so, it made them feel special (ego) try giving up something that makes you feel special.
Bio-energy doesn't need to know anything about the dis-ease. Just removes it.
With love
Chris
Oh boy, you too!?! Some people really seem to treasure their label. "I don't care what someone said about you, let's just do the work, okay? In fact, I'll trade you this bar of chocolate for that label..." Of course I can't say the last sentence out loud because they also seldom have a sense of humor.

Hubby just told me about a new process he learned: "Imagine someone who would be pleased if you ___________________" He says it is a lot of fun.

Another interesting process I just learned is to put one's emotions or compulsive urges into the wall and then have the wall flow it back to you.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #724
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Oh boy, you too!?! Some people really seem to treasure their label. "I don't care what someone said about you, let's just do the work, okay? In fact, I'll trade you this bar of chocolate for that label..." Of course I can't say the last sentence out loud because they also seldom have a sense of humor.

Hubby just told me about a new process he learned: "Imagine someone who would be pleased if you ___________________" He says it is a lot of fun.

Another interesting process I just learned is to put one's emotions or compulsive urges into the wall and then have the wall flow it back to you.

Ah well if they had a really good sense of humor it is unlikely that they would need therapy.
Ego sense of humor is putting others down for cheap joke.
Ch
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #725
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Some one wrote on the thread some time back that the ego is necessary to learn.
No.
Its a question of point of view.

When something or some one seems critical, I dont see it that way any longer, they are no longer the enemy. That was my ego.
I now see it as positive feed back.

Life is helping me to see alternative ways of being, neither right nor wrong just alternative.

My view point just reflects where my understanding is at this time, it is not what I truly am just part my releasing old points of view till I realize fully that I dont need any point of view.

Love Chris