Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #1
Magii
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Main Stream "Groundcrew"

View the following:

http://www.ted.com/talks/rob_hopkins...thout_oil.html

Sounds like he is doing exactly what the groudcrew is / does ...

What say you?
Magii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 AM   #2
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Main Stream "Groundcrew"

It's a really good talk, but unfortunately the solutions offered are a bandage on a systemic cancer.

The Ground Crew concept needs to be about much more than physical survival. The old paradigm is a total failure, and I'm not talking just about political, economic, and energy systems. I'm talking about how people treat each other, how people think about who they are and what life is about, and how people solve disagreements.

Otherwise, the response to scarcity will simply be what we have now: kill everyone who has what we want.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Main Stream "Groundcrew"

Excellent TED Talk, as they all are. I have been following the Transition Town project for a while now and I definitely like what I see so far. I really hope it does pick up and spread like wildfire.

I think the key is to get the word out that communities that join together can live independently of big oil/energy, govt, financial institutions, and in fact live a more comfortable life over all.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote