Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Free Energy

Notices

Free Energy Free Energy devices and information

Old 01-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Mag lev rooftop wind generator.

This style has a couple of attractive features. One is the low friction of Mag lev as opposed to bearings which wear quickly, and the sail design is perfectly suited to be placed in the meeting of roof segments at the top of valleys to focus the wind towards the sails, thereby increasing power production. It also produces electricity at lower than usual rotation speeds, improving longevity.

Here's a brief Video of Jay Leno talking about the one he's getting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_156192.html

And this is the company's site. Links to the brief videos are on this page

http://enviro-energies.com/cart/inde...page=page&id=9

Last edited by Carol; 01-10-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Re: Mag lev rooftop wind generator.

My real interest, is in exploring whether it's yet possible to construct something like this wind turbine system with off the shelf parts?

I've had one crazy notion on this design already.

The videos show how the weight of the sail is carried by the field generated by opposing magnets. But I believe their design still uses normal bearings on the vertical axis.

It might be possible to use another magnetic field to maintain the vertical axis which would not only reduce friction even more, but also opens the door to incorporating George Green's magnetic motor design in the dual function as friction reducing bearing AND with a space left in the magnet array, also as a rotation generating effect at the same time.

Between the wind and the magnetic motor providing rotation, one such device could generate all of ones electrical needs as well as being virtually frictionless, and therefore not subject to wearing out.

Any inventors out there?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
David
Avalon Senior Member

I have also thought about creating my own wind generator. Here are a couple links I think may be very helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHB4zxWd3Ls

http://www.windstuff.org/
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I checked out their website Myplanet2 and it doesn't really explain enough but I could think of some improvements. I would have the sails made out of heavy duty plastic, there would be less weight that way and hence less magnet size for levitation. I would use a bearing for the vertical axis stability because it would actually be out of the weather and is not a weight bearing thing, really just for guidance and stability.

There's a great company called Boca Bearing that would have any type of bearing needed. I've actually been to their facility and purchased bearings from them. He did say that the coils are 500 wind coils but he didn't say what gauge of wire. I would like to know what they are using for conversion and storage of electricity generated also.Seems like a great set up though!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Hi Dantheman.

The bearing would work well too, but the reason I was thinking magnetic field, was because I recalled this short vid with George Green.

http://www.projectcamelot.org/magnetic_motor.html

If this type of motor was constructed "around" the central shaft, it would serve the triple purpose of reducing friction beyond what a bearing could manage, plus add it's own "push" to the shaft's rotation. The turbine could conceivably be always running, wind or not.

either system on it's own would be less than the complementary whole of using the magnetic motor to both add rotation and isolate moving parts from friction.

The magnetic motor might not generate much juice on it's own, and the sail would be still when there was no wind. But together....
Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Good point, ok if you made the sails out of plastic like I said then the whole upper section could be plastic including the shaft, maybe strong PVC or something, that way you would have a way of attaching the magnets as in George Greens motor. You could use an epoxy or something similar to attach the magnets in a circle to create that effect.
Maybe like a 1 inch PVC pipe inside of a 2 inch PVC pipe with the ring of magnets around the 2 inch pipe and the center magnet in the 1 inch pipe. I just say use plastics because they're cheap and easy to attach magnets to. Aluminum would be ok if you can figure out how to attach the magnets.

I would like to buy their base with all the magnets and coils installed and make my own top section, then add the George Green set up on the top section somehow. I like their mag-lev set up!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Oh and another thought, a month later, LOL!, why not have two or three rings of coils and magnets around the base to almost double or triple the output, instead of using just one ring.