Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Default UFO alert: police officer sees aliens at crop circle

UFO alert: police officer sees aliens at crop circle
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...at/ufo/6394256...

A police officer contacted British UFO experts after seeing three aliens examining a freshly made crop circle near Avebury, Wiltshire.

The sergeant, who has not been named, was off-duty when he saw the figures standing in a field near Silbury Hill, and stopped his car to investigate.

However, as he approached the 'men' – all over 6ft tall with blond hair – he heard "the sound of static electricity" and the trio ran away ''faster than any man he had ever seen''.

The officer returned to his home in Marlborough, Wiltshire, and contacted paranormal experts and told them he had spotted a UFO.

Wiltshire Police has refused to comment on the incident, saying it is a ''personal matter'' for the officer involved.

Crop circle researcher Andrew Russell, who is investigating the bizarre sighting on behalf of the officer, described the moment his sighting was made.

He said: ''At first he thought they were forensic officers as they were dressed in white coveralls. He stopped his car and approached the field.

''The figures were all over 6ft and had blond hair. They seemed to be inspecting the crop. When he got to the edge of the field he heard what he believed to be a sound not dissimilar to static electricity.

''This crackling noise seemed to be running through the field and the crop was moving gently, close to where the noise was.

''He shouted to the figures who, at first, ignored him, not glancing at him. When he tried to enter the field they looked up and began running.

''He said; 'They ran faster than any man I have ever seen. I'm no slouch but they were moving so fast. I looked away for a second and when I looked back they were gone.

''I then got scared. The noise was still around but I got an uneasy feeling and headed for the car. For the rest of the day I had a pounding headache I couldn't shift.''

The bizarre incident occurred on the morning of July 6 this year as the police officer was driving.

The officer claims the three figures were examining a crop circle, which had appeared several days earlier, when he stopped his car and began walking towards them.

However, the mysterious beings disappeared when he ''looked away for a second'' and he contacted UFO experts after witnessing other paranormal activity.

A spokesman for Wiltshire Police said: ''The police officer was apparently off duty when this happened so we have no comment to make because it is a personal not a police matter.''

Crop circle expert Colin Andrews, who investigated the incident alongside Andrew Russell, said he is ''convinced'' by the police officer's story.

He said: ''I am quite convinced the officer had an experience that day and one that we have not fully explored.

''I think with the unusual movement of the being and the poltergeist experiences there is too much additional information to say that is something in nothing.''
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator

Default Re: UFO alert: police officer sees aliens at crop circle

Hmmm that link is dead...so it begs the question: Where is the Crop Circle?

G
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:14 AM   #3
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...op-circle.html

Link works fine..... if not 4 you then you can see it about 14 story links down from the top at www.rense.com
Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Barron,

I'm not too sure about this one. Was the crop circle at the time it was supposedly made reported to any authority (during or around June or July)?

The article in the newspaper shows a crop circle, but not the crop circle. Doesn't name names and isn't exactly newsworthy as the incident was said to have happened around four months ago.

This is the problem of todays journalists. They wait for stories to come to them, in the form of press releases, as opposed to as times gone back they pounded the pavements to get the scoop.

Very rarely a journalist gets out of the office to do their job, unless they're invited to a dinner, party, somebody really important or a movie release.

In other words, unless it's paid, very rarely they get off their backsides to look for the facts - even at the Daily Telegraph.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...op-circle.html

Link works fine..... if not 4 you then you can see it about 14 story links down from the top at www.rense.com
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Steve

You're probably right but what stood out for me was 1) it was reported by big main-stream media (respected by the masses, even though we know different!) and 2) a Policeman (supposedly a man of "substance", although, again, we know better) was the one reporting it. So, for many conservative "sheeple" a policeman reporting a UFO sighting in a conservative, respected UK newspaper was worthy of posting above for those very reasons!

I do realise that the majority of the readers here need no convincing of UFO's existence nor do they believe everything that they would read printed by controlled big main-stream media.

Cheers
Barron.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Barron,

The aledged police officer didn't report his experience to the newspaper. Apparently he went home and got in contact with some paranormal experts and told them he had seen a UFO which actually he didn't, he saw three tall blonde haired 'people' stood in a corn field.

It must have been the paranormal experts who got in touch with the newspaper and the journalist got in touch with a crop circle expert.

So here's the thing.

The crop circle expert didn't confirm the existence of the crop circle - that was his speciality - and the policeman who was off duty didn't get in contact with the police force, prefering to get in touch with a paranormal expert. Why a paranormal expert? Where's the evidence of the crop circle? Surely there must have been some immediate investigation and at least photos of the crop circle where he said all this took place.

No names were mentioned except the experts, even though telephone calls were made to the local police station, so the name of the bobby must have been known, even by the journalist.

I think the article was a fluff piece just to fill a void - after all it was in the 'wierd' section of the internet newspaper.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
Hi Steve

You're probably right but what stood out for me was 1) it was reported by big main-stream media (respected by the masses, even though we know different!) and 2) a Policeman (supposedly a man of "substance", although, again, we know better) was the one reporting it.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

I've been near and in that field numerous times. From the road you can see people standing on top of the hill and when they step a little further they suddenly seem to vanish because they are behind the sloping of the hill. So, i'm not convinced at all.
Soulcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
Callidon
Avalon Senior Member

Snap, i've passed through on trips down south, you can in twilight see strange things that in daylight look normal.

I've seen this story somewhere else recently, and they had it in the debunk section as the investigators would not divulge anyting specific about the witness, its almost as if they told it to the paper to get some facetime and get interest in thier "non profit" group, the existence of the "policeman" was also called into question.

Sidbury is an intersting area, its a hotbed of activity, but this one particular story doesn't ring true for me either.
Callidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
mandroid
Avalon Senior Member

im a bit skeptical about crop circles,theres too much scope for man made hoaxes there,not saying they are all hoaxes., but a lot may well be.

and i dont tend to put too much emphasis on the fact that a police officer
apparantly reported the incident,just because someone has a"title" or letters to there name makes them a more credible witness,people can be credible without. its like a kind of stereotyping.

however, having been close enough to a ufo craft to feel a slight wind ,possibly created from the craft itself,,it could have something to do with it? probably more to do with the energy field its propulsion sytem uses,maybe some highly advanced electromagnetism/magnetic fusion.like the effect static electricity has.just some thoughts.
mandroid is offline   Reply With Quote