Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
kayak
Avalon Senior Member

Post Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce H. Lipton, MD

Dr. Lipton and Dr. Rupert Sheldrake presented seminars on the US West Coast during the past year.

I heard them both speak to over 500 health professionals in Seattle during mid-August 2007.
Both are dramatic presenters of exciting information that affect our mental and physical health.

Dr. Lipton's book, "The Biology of Belief" presents the "new biology"--epigenetics, which posits the influence of one's beliefs over one's physical/mental health. Examples: the placebo effect, the nocebo effect.
Dr. Lipton's own website: http://www.brucelipton.com/

Google Bruce H. Lipton for several short videos to explore how you can benefit from this paradigm-breaking researcher.

Examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Hh7b3Nxxc&feature=related
Beyond Darwin (Pt.1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29SmweJCaOQ&feature=related

I expect an upwelling of resonant, synchronistic dialog from you all!

I am Kayak.
kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
omshanti2
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce H. Lipton, MD

Hi Kayak, I definatelly believe in this theory, of how we can affect our physiology to become well, I am a Nurse and for confidential reasons I won't give any names, but whilst I was working as a Nurse, there was a patient who was in the process of dying, I began to speak to the woman and raise her thought pattern to the point we were laughing and jokeing together, the next few days past and the woman got stronger, the doctors were wondering why the patient was still here, because they expected her to pass away days ago. Anyway, I went off shift and I didn't see this lady for a good few day's, as I had a few days leave, I would have loved to come in as a civy, to visit her, but we are not allowed IE not considerd professional. After having a few days leave, I came back to find an empty bed, apparently the lady was here for a few days after I went on leave, and then sadly passed away. My point is, we, me and the patient became friends and what do friends do, uplift each other, we would laugh and joke about things, and I feel because of this interaction between us, it/she changed her physiology so that she lived longer than exspected. Although I have no proof of this, I have done this many times and the change in the patient is proof in itself that it has its benifits, the patient gets stronger, heals etc.
I also know, that we Humans are more powerfull, than we realise, but that's another story, but this time with witnesses.
omshanti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Beliefs funnel your energy.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
stefaan
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce H. Lipton, MD

I once read an article claiming scientists could predict examening brainscans of a person, if that person was religious, superstitious, easy believing... or not. Some place in the brain was more (or was it less?) developed than with 'normal' persons, or better non-believers.

Was this zone more developed because they were religious, or were they religious because this zone was more developed, they couldn't tell.

The point is, "believing-power" has a fysical component.

If you are easy believing, placebo's will work stronger I think. In that case believing helps, works for you. But there are also situations where believing is disastrous. For instance, refusing bloodtransfusions because of your religious belief. Or being hypochondriac: you believe you're ill, so you feel ill, so you get ill...

So believing has two sides. It can help you, but it also can destroy you.
stefaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

A Belief is part of a Belief System.

A belief imo, is a chain to bind you into a system.

Gaining insight in systems and structures is what sets you free from systems and structures and belief(s).

Wit Saturn opposite Uranus having a profound impact on the global collective beliefsystems and structures, those will be out in the open for all with eyes who want to see ,will see.

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:25 AM   #6
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Umm... ?

Anyway, I have seen a few interviews/presentations by Lipton and I fully support his research/claims. We are always made to feel powerless over ourselves, we go to the doctor for everything and do whatever they say - we treat them like gods! How many people have heard stories or read anecdotal reports about people who die after being told they have a terminal illness - because they believed it - and yet others who won't accept the diagnosis and seek out alternatives and survive!

Nevermind just those examples, look at your life or people you know who may have chronic diseases - flares generally come in times of stress, things subside when you're taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally. It's a package deal.

Thanks for posting this thread, I only hope more people get familiar with him
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biology of belief, bruce lipton, epigenetics, morphogenic fields, new biology