Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Electric cars are coming!!

DETROIT – Toyota Motor Corp. said Saturday it is confirming plans to have an all-electric vehicle on U.S. roads by 2012 by introducing an ultra-compact battery-powered concept car at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

"Last summer's $4-a-gallon gasoline was no anomaly," said Irv Miller, vice president of Toyota Motor Sales USA. "It was a brief glimpse of our future. We must address the inevitability of peak oil by developing vehicles powered by alternatives to liquid-oil fuel."

GM says it plans to have the highly anticipated Chevrolet Volt in showrooms by 2010. The rechargeable gas-electric car is expected to travel 40 miles on electricity alone, then a gasoline engine kicks in to extend its range.

Chrysler, meanwhile, unveiled three electric car prototypes last year — a Dodge sports car, a Jeep Wrangler and a Chrysler minivan, and said it plans to put one of the three on sale next year.

In addition to the FT-EV, Toyota said it is expanding its offering of hybrid cars by launching as many as 10 new hybrid models by early next decade in markets around the world. It also said it will start global delivery of 500 Toyota Prius plug-in hybrids powered by lithium-ion batteries later this year, instead of in 2010 as originally planned. Of those, 150 will go to U.S. lease and fleet customers.
Hybrids like the Prius currently run on heavier, weaker nickel-metal hydride batteries, and they recharge through energy captured from the vehicle's braking.

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
no caste

Default Re: Electric cars are coming!!

Historical Factoid:
Iceland has World's only Hydrogen Station at Reykjavík (2003).
Ode to Iceland!

http://wwwfs.org/2003/Iceland_Aug03/Day11-13.htm

Organiaman news: The Economy Catches up with Peoples' Ideas

groovy peace & funktime
Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Steve_G

I must be honest and say that I don't actually see what the environmental benefits of electric cars are. Isn't the electricity to charge still produced by either hydrocarbon or nuclear fission based power plants?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
seekntruth
Avalon Senior Member

Right you are, Steve!

The all-electric car is a plug-in car that requires wind power, solar, coal, natural gas, or nuclear created electricity.

It's the same "metered commodity" model that J.P. Morgan and the other Illuminati power brokers created. Thus, J.P. mothballed the inventions of Tesla in favor of the power hungry inventions of Edison and others kissing up to Illuminati vision of controlling the population through distributed power generation systems. J.P. and his fellow Illuminists sure weren't interested in a self-contained power generator in every home. That would help make each family too self-sufficient and independent.

I keep seeing the same solution being re-packaged in new boxes. Those rascals are clever, aren't they?

Best to all,
Seekntruth
seekntruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Well hmmm, let's just say it's a step in the right direction. Assume that there's 200 million people in the US. Now assume that half of those have a car, which I think is a very conservative figure, I've always had two or three cars myself, that's 100 million less cars needing gas, and oil in the crankcase, pretty substantial. Now consider with the advance of wind power and solar power it's a pretty good picture don't you think? I guess you can go back to the horse and buggy, or bicycle, yeah right.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Note to self: Add electric car with solar carport

Better yet, how can we convert what we have to electric? Just a new type of innards would be a whole lot cheaper.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

As soon as you have a full electric car you have the ability to power it with a wang generator or a bedini charger...

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...m_Ho_Generator

Also see my post on free energy info...

The big step will be when all the information we know exists starts to get public recognition and we design a car that can last for a life time carbon fibre or aluminum, with tyres that do not wear out, and continues to power itself. ie the right thing and not something to keep us feeding the matrix.

The wang generator is 5kW continuous... 3 of these (15kW) in a light weight car like the one I have a Honda Insight 1.0L 3 cylinder with IMA (850kg aluminum) is enough for steady state 60 mph on the flat... fit some sort of flywheel hybrid system to this and then you have the sort of system which would be extremely fuel efficient. Way more than mine is now...

I can get 106 mpg from petrol now with 15 year old technology TODAY!... It is just the power elite do not all of a sudden want us not spending so much on fuel. I get 550 miles from £35 Also noone bought them as they have 2 seats and aren't too stylish... But those that know them keep them. I've had mine for 2+ years and there are only 200 in the UK. They hold their value too.

I'm an automotive engineer for one of the big 3 in Essex England. I know this technology was around for others manufacturers before Honda/Toyota brought it out!

The Tesla Electric technology was GM's 15+ years ago in the EV1... GM was leading the field. However they decided to invest in Hummer instead! Doh... Watch "who killed the electric car."

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...tric+car&hl=en - this has subtitles but is english my car is in there for a split second towards the end too (if I remember correctly and the tesla too)

http://www.flybridsystems.com >>> 80hp for ~7 seconds 70%effcient. F1 technology. mass produce this and it could be in every car extremely cheaply.

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 01-11-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent documentary, "Who killed the electric car", thanks for reminding me,connecting with sauce!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

one of the most revolutionary electric cars is the zenn...zero emmisions, no noise. it's made in canada, but apparently we can't buy it in canada, as the provinces haven't deemed it roadworthy yet. utter bureaucratic ********!. it has a revolutionary storage capacitor that vastly increases its efficiency.

check it out:
http://www.zenncars.com/
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

hmmm the Zenn, it's not a bad looking snubby little matchbox type car. They do show one dealer in Quebec and all the rest in the US.