Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ahmadinejad slams ban on Holocaust probe

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101
History is definitely being denied, so many people in prison for 'hate crimes' - where has free speech gone?

It's time there was definitive un-opposed research into human history, which can be published without fear, and debated rationally with archeological etc evidence. Especially back into the annals of our so-called 'history books' at school - Darwin/evolution? Origins of wars and why they were really waged - who profited? Religious-biased 'history' - some real history has been quashed and is in some Vatican archive, et al. Now we are in a more openly communicative society, we all need to rationalise REAL HISTORY, accept it and go forward without bigotry.

On the internet - there is lots of information - some radical - some common sense and obvious - let's get things straight - it would stop so much aggression in this world.
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ahmadinejad slams ban on Holocaust probe

Sorry Avid, but you have hit on one of my bugbears. Real History? No chance unfortunately.

History 101 as the Americans might say: all history is biased and the responsibility of a decent historian is to admit (at least privately if not in writing) what the bias is.

Small example. 1066. How much time is devoted in the history books to the accomplishments of Harold Godwinson before he got hit in the eye (or not) by a Norman arrow? He lost the Battle of Hastings, so who cares that he got an army from London to Stamford Bridge in south Yorkshire in an astonishing 4 days and defeated one of the most fearsome warriors in Europe?

Example which is far far bigger and far more serious than I used to think. I used to wonder why nobody had written it but these Avalon days I think it's probably quite a dangerous thing to do.
Its title is 'The Metaphysical History of Britain from 1066 to the Present.' In other words what influence has been exerted by occultists on British history?
The short answer is far more than is realised.

and i won't go further than asking, what about herstory because who cares to turn the essential continuity of child rearing into real history?

love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote