Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #26
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How small we are...

Nice video.
I felt like I could have been on Otis Carr's space yacht.
One day...
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #27
beren
Avalon Senior Member

I just heard an awesome comparison when thinking about this subject and how small we are ..or how big we are...

Someone asked does the Creator thinks that the universe he created is to big with that billions of galaxies and inside of each galaxy billions of stars?
One man replied that in every human body there is 100 trillion cells, now does it makes that guy too big?

We have much to learn about Almighty Creator ,our father.
We have to surrender our ego trips of thinking highly of ourselves and go step by step in our learning and lives.

Love and blessings to each and every human, wishing to grow up ,to love instead of hate.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Someone asked does the Creator thinks that the universe he created is to big with that billions of galaxies and inside of each galaxy billions of stars?
One man replied that in every human body there is 100 trillion cells, now does it makes that guy too big?
*celine smiles warmly *

this thought brought back a memory for me...

when i was a little girl..in my own world...i would lay down in the fields and stare at the sky...

i could feel my body "curving" around the planet...and sometimes i could feel myself hurling thru the galaxy...

i used to imagine the universe as being a ....(dont forget i was about 7 ...)..

being a big Witch...and we were just small parts of Her...

It was the beginning of my personal spiritual journey...but to this day...i can still..."imagine the universe as one Whole "
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #29
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks. I'm adding this to my list of "awakening" videos.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #30
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
*celine smiles warmly *

this thought brought back a memory for me...

when i was a little girl..in my own world...i would lay down in the fields and stare at the sky...

i could feel my body "curving" around the planet...and sometimes i could feel myself hurling thru the galaxy...

i used to imagine the universe as being a ....(dont forget i was about 7 ...)..

being a big Witch...and we were just small parts of Her...

It was the beginning of my personal spiritual journey...but to this day...i can still..."imagine the universe as one Whole "

Celine that was a nice story!
I always have that feeling ,similar to yours, when I look at plants and ,say, green grass.
I have an impulse to lay on the grass and roll on ,to feel it to be with it. Almost like a feeling of wanting to hug the person.

And also flying accross the space ,but not in a craft ,rather as me -myself fully conscious observing all while flying accross space.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #31
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
Thanks. I'm adding this to my list of "awakening" videos.

you are welcome to add some of your collected vidoes in this thread ,if they co relate with this tune here...
Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #32
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Celine that was a nice story!
I always have that feeling ,similar to yours, when I look at plants and ,say, green grass.
I have an impulse to lay on the grass and roll on ,to feel it to be with it. Almost like a feeling of wanting to hug the person.

And also flying accross the space ,but not in a craft ,rather as me -myself fully conscious observing all while flying accross space.

*smiles warmly*

how i would love to go lay on the warm grass right now....loose my physical body in the connection to Earth...and then fly..
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
Earthian
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
i do not see us as small...yet i see us as "infinite"...

does that make sense to anyone else?
Yes it does.

Earthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #34
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

I like the idea of being small as it makes us humble.
However in our Oneness with all that is does it matter how big or small we are ?

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #35
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

awesome thank you, cant wait to show my sprogs this when they get home....really amazing
mogs x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #36
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I was not prepared to watch this video,when I did it blew my mind.
I became speechless.

This is so cool. And I agree with Feardia. Goes this far the other direction. Whoa this is hard to comprehend.

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #37
beren
Avalon Senior Member

1 Corinthians 2

1.When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2.For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4.My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5.so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.
Wisdom From the Spirit
6.We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7.No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8.None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9.However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"— 10.but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11.For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12.We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13.This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
14.The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15.The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"But we have the mind of Christ.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #38
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

I showed my wife this video. At the point where it looks like you are flying through space and heading to our milky way, she had a deja vu moment. She got chills and said that is way too weird!

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie

That was an amazing video Beren.
Thanks for posting that!
I must share that with others...

It reminds me of a NDE (Near Death Experience) this person named Mark Horton has had.
He has since truly passed on from this 3D existence.
Your video gave me some perspective on this NDE.

Quote:
Mark Horton's NDE
(Mark Died on Sept. 7, 1996. He was an active Linux proponent and started the NDE newsgoup. Usenet obituaries follow the NDE account.)
My Near Death Experience
Mark A. Horton

I "died" from total kidney, liver, and respiratory shutdown. Coupled with massive internal bleeding and the associated anemia.

Since I was already in a coma, I have no idea when my NDE actually occurred. From reading my medical chart and other sup- porting information and anectodal evidence, I presume it was on New Year's Eve, 1992. It was that evening that my kidneys had quit, my liver had ceased functioning, and the doctors had told my parents that they should contact a funeral home since it was doubtful that I would make it through the night and if I did, they would have to put me onto a kidney dialysis machine the next morning; the shock of which would probably kill me anyways. Dur- ing the evening (from what I've read in the chart) I went into full respiratory arrest and was placed on a ventilator. So there I was, kidneys shut down, liver not functioning, fluid building up, getting pneumonia, and a machine breathing for me. I suspect that's when I "left." I have vague, very vague recollections of looking down on a body in a bed with tubes and machines, but I cannot honestly say that it was mine. I was, well, floating is not an adequate description, more like held up, contained, buoyed, sustained in a warm, dry, medium of some sort, suspended without pressure or any feeling of containment, just there. I felt safe, warm, calm, without pain or fogginess at all, com- pletely aware.

Then the "experience" began.

Suddenly dusk became full, blazing daylight, except with a brightness brighter than normally associated with daylight... ev- erything was bright as I was lifted (without any feeling or pres- sure) upwards to a high point (I assume, since I was unaware of standing on anything or for that matter aware of any "body" that I had) I was pure intellect, absorbing information and knowledge through "sensors" or means that I have no concept of. From this vantage point, I had to merely think of a place and time and I was there, experiencing everything about the place and time and people present.

I have always, I don't know why, had a very strong "pull" toward Scotland. I have some Scottish ancestry, but no more so than English, Swedish, and Prussian, but I don't know why I have such a strong affinity for the land, its history, its culture, and the music. (No sound in this world can stir the feelings that the sound of bagpipes arise in me!) Well, one of my first "trips" was to Scotland, on a high cliff overlooking a grey, crashing sea during a violent thunderstorm. I was there! I could feel the wind lashing at me and the driving force of the rain while I could see and hear the crashing of the thunder and the sea. All I had done was have the mearest fleeting thought of the land and I was there! As I've said, I have no idea why I have such a strong tie to that particular piece of space/time.

I next thought of warm sunshine and I was in a place of bright warm light and comfort. I could discern nothing but a comforting brightness around me (such that "me" was... I still had no "body" that I remember, but had the "feeling" that I was an amorphous, glowing pure intellect... all sensors and no tangi- ble gross physical body to drag me down or contain me. It was a truly wonderful feeling? state? being? Words just don't exist to describe this.) This was very pleasant and comforting and went on for microseconds or billions of years, I have no idea since time just wasn't an operative construct and had no meaning or relevance to existence. I literally had the feeling that I was everywhere in the universe simultaneously.

This brightness ceased and was replaced with a view of the earth rapidly receding "below" me. I was still enveloped in a sense of warmth and comfort, but "moving" backwards at an ever- increasing velocity; the view of the earth almost instantly gave way to an overall view of our solar system which as quickly gave way to a cluster of star systems that apparently was in one of the arms of our galaxy. I was still absorbing all of this on so many different levels beyond merely what we think of as seeing as I raced outward. I could still sense the location of our planet even though at this distance that should have been impossible in the normal space/time continuum. My overall feelings were of comfort, wonder, amazement, belonging, a sense of "rightness", and overlaying it all what I can only call an overwhelming love, although that word is woefully inadequate to describe those feel- ings.

Still moving (backwards always for some reason) I suddenly just relaxed completely and allowed "myself" to dissolve (?) open up (?) merge (?) into the "oneness" that surrounded me. The ex- plosion of emotion and (again words are almost useless) over- whelming "love" that I now felt made any previous feelings I had experienced even during this episode, however "long" it had/was/is going on, seem like nothing! I cannot possibly put into words that any human language has that feeling. I was ev- erything, I was nothing. I was everywhere, I was nowhere. I was everywhen, I wasn't. My intellect had expanded to contain every thing, time, place, and even being that was, is, or ever would be! I was unique yet I was the tiniest part of the whole. I know this is sounding like gibberish... it even does to me a times when I read it on paper; but to have been it! Words don't exist to describe the joy and love and warmth. It truly is inde- scribable!

And I was still accellerating outward, absorbing, observing, and becoming more! Entire galaxies became the size of grains of sand. I saw immense galaxies colliding together. I saw "holes" in space that weren't holes at all, but were filled with some- thing I couldn't comprehend even in my "enhanced" state... proto- galaxies perhaps? And there were so many galaxies to see and feel; but still I could sense where our planet was... I say sense because our tiny Milky Way galaxy had vanished; I could "feel" it there, but could no longer "see" it.

And I kept going outward! I began to discern a curvature to the scene before me and realized that the universe was really a large sphere containing all the galaxies. It became more and more apparent as I moved (still backwards) into the "darkspace" beyond the sphere of galaxies. Still, the occasional galaxy whipped by as I continued moving outward. And then I "felt" a large something or presence behind me. I seemed to slow slightly and hesitate and then was through this barrier and looking down at the sphere that contained our universe. It seemed to be at once transparent and slightly opaque as if I were seeing the en- ergy fields that contained it. The image of the electron shell of an atom seems to fit here.

I was still moving outward and could now make out around the shrinking curvature of our universe, other spheres which could only be other universes. These seemed to be arranged in some sort of order, a spherical shell of universes around a core that I could not see. And beyond this shell, another, towards which I was now speeding. The overall impression I'm left with is of something like those little carved "spheres within spheres" of ivory that one used to see in import shops.

I never made it to the next shell. As I was moving outward to the next shell layer of universes, something started pulling at me and I was suddenly racing back forwards, inward toward our universe and then inside it. The other galaxies within our uni- verse were gone and I had one last "sight" of our arm of the Milky Way galaxy and then I was back. Stunned, confused, sad, having a tremendous sense of loss, I guess at the loss of the knowledge and love and "oneness" that I had been.

My NDE was over.

I drifted in and out of a coma for some time after that, I have no idea of how long. During this time I had a mixture of strong dreams, perhaps some halucinations if I understand how halucinations are supposed to be - very vivid, almost concrete dreams in which the "dream-people" have real, solid, bodies and with whom one can hold logical, normal conversations, and I think short "mini-NDEs" in which I was able to experience some small fraction of the overpowering love and "oneness" that I had during my major "trip."

I guess then I started to "adjust" and begin my unconscious attempt at ignoring what had happened to me and trying to "get on with" my life. But still something was missing... that hole was still there and gnawing at my mind. Finally after almost a year I sat not thinking, I guess you could say meditating and letting my mind relax, when everything starting coming back into my con- scious thoughts. I could no longer supress these memories and knew it. So I just let them flow inward, becoming ever more strongly convinced that what I had experienced WAS real, that it wasn't just an halucination or dream, that we are all individuals and "one" at the same time, and that the only thing important ev- er is love. Complete, open, giving, incredibly filling love. That is the only thing that matters. All else is superfluous.

I was changed forever. I simply am. We are all one, we are all "God." Or perhaps "God" is all of us. I have thought long on the biblical phrase "And God made man in His image." I wonder if perhaps this really means that man is created and exists in "God"'s imagination which is then man's reality. I am no bibli- cal scholar and will not debate theologies since those are so very personal, but that possible interpretation of the biblical phrase is interesting for me to contemplate. I do not profess to any specific religion at all; never have, and definitely now nev- er will, for they are all right and all wrong... merely man's at- tempt to quantify, regiment, and control even the spiritual as- pect of the individual. I now know that living to be kind and love each other is the only true "religion" there is; if one must label something "religion." From what I've read and spoken to other NDEers about, this seems to be an almost universal feeling amongst those who've had NDEs. We may describe what we've "seen" in various religious terms depending upon background and pre-NDE beliefs, but the message of universal love and forgiveness is the same.

So that is my experience. The aftereffects are still there and growing every day. To say it has changed me completely is at once obvious and an incredible understatement. I still am inter- ested in computer systems and work with them as a profession, but find myself more interested in how they can truly help people as opposed to just being intellectual "toys" that perform functions and that people pay me money for designing and tuning. I've nev- er been outwardly materialistic in the "yuppie" sense of the word, but had cherished certain possessions and worried about them; now I still cherish the beauty in things, but the posses- sion of a thing is unimportant... I find myself giving many things away to others if they express an interest or desire for them. I'm probably labeled as a "patsy." It doesn't matter. I find myself openly crying over the sadness in the world and in people's lives. I share many of the same feelings that other NDErs have... the total lack of fear of death - it's comforting actually to think of it since it'll be a return to that state that I experienced and can now only briefly make contact with, the overwhelming sense of love for everyone and everything around me, the peaceful calm that I feel, even the sometimes painful em- pathic abilities that now seem to have blossomed within me - if I can somehow relieve another's suffering by taking it from them and into me, I do so gladly.

In summary I suppose the question many would ask is "was it worth dying?"

I would have to answer joyfully, "Yes!"

Here the link to his NDE
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #40
beren
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoFFP...eature=related

Powerful lyrics to make us think if any of the brain is still there...
Old 01-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #41
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Just a few pics to show how small we are really....

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #42
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood View Post
It reminds me of a NDE (Near Death Experience) this person named Mark Horton has had.
Extraordinary story Dood.

But you know these kinds of stories don't surprise me in the least, I totally believe them. Others have expressed very similar NDE experiences.

It kinda leaves you wondering doesn't it? Like, say for example somebody was really low down person in this life, what exactly happens to them after? If Mark were describing heaven per se, then what is hell, and does it exist?

I've always imagined that evil (absence of light) is any deplorable act, the consequence of which "takes away" from the soul (just a theory), and you can literally end up "soulless". Meaning, it is possible to .... wipe yourself from existence?

Scary.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:20 AM   #43
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Extraordinary story Dood.

But you know these kinds of stories don't surprise me in the least, I totally believe them. Others have expressed very similar NDE experiences.

It kinda leaves you wondering doesn't it? Like, say for example somebody was really low down person in this life, what exactly happens to them after? If Mark were describing heaven per se, then what is hell, and does it exist?

I've always imagined that evil (absence of light) is any deplorable act, the consequence of which "takes away" from the soul (just a theory), and you can literally end up "soulless". Meaning, it is possible to .... wipe yourself from existence?

Scary.

Majorion,
A great book to read is "Into the Light" by Dr. John Lerma, it seems that no matter your background or beliefs, we're all taken care of at time of death, good or bad doesn't matter. Dannion Brinkley is another one to read up on, as he's had 3 NDE's and tells all about it.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #44
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Majorion,
A great book to read is "Into the Light" by Dr. John Lerma, it seems that no matter your background or beliefs, we're all taken care of at time of death, good or bad doesn't matter. Dannion Brinkley is another one to read up on, as he's had 3 NDE's and tells all about it.
Well theres an even scarier thought than a possible 'hell'.

If good or bad doesn't matter, and lets say just for arguments sake, that 'heaven' is a singular place or collection-point for human souls after death....

Does that mean we'll be sharing our paradise with all the murderers, theifs, and rapists of this world? Because, if that is so, and to quote my father; "I'd rather go to hell".

Ultimately I believe, good or bad have their consequences, whether this plays a factor "later" I do not presume to know, but interesting nevertheless.

Thanks for the references, somebody just recommended Cosmic Voyager for reading, but there's always the commitment factor you know, and already reading about 3 different books, another one and it's overload.

But thanks again, I've added Lerma to the list, next time I raid the bookstores.

Happy New Year,
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:18 AM   #45
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a link to a thread about Dr. Lerma with some videos of him on Coast to Coast, it's a great listen and gives you some insight to Dr. Lerma.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12609