Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Australia and New Zealand

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #251
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Welcome to the Melbourne/Victoria thread omshanti

I just happen to live in Maryborough just down the road from Castlemaine and a bit further down the road from Daylesford Where exactly are you moving to?

As for another meeting I think that's in the lap of the gods at this point in time! Maybe the other guys might be able to shed some light on that subject.
Welcome once again, the more the merrier

Peace
Aussie Babe
Barb
Aussie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #252
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Melbourne/Victoria

HI ALL
Here is a little piece of info swiped from the net !!

On water purification p1
Water Filtering and Purification by Sean aka Lowlight7

Before we get into the good stuff, we'll start with the bad.
THE BAD STUFF IN WATER AND WHAT IT CAN DO TO YOU:

A. Giardia Lamblia & Cryptosporidium
You can call them giardia and crypto. These two protozoa are the guys you hear about all the time. When found in water, both are oocysts, a dormant phase of some microbes where they take on a hard outer shell. Once ingested, they come to life and attach themselves to your intestine, causing diarrhea and other gastrointestinal problems. Giardia is spread through contaminated feces. An interesting thing about this little guy is that it can be vectored from other animals. So, if you're drinking water from a river where infected beaver lives, the river is thus contaminated. Symptoms of giardia infection (giardiasis) include loss of appetite, lethargy, fever, explosive diarrhea, loose or watery stool, stomach cramps, upset stomach, bloating, and flatulence. With the flatulence comes a foul and sulphurous-tasting burp, which I'm told is so nasty that it causes additional nausea and vomiting. Symptoms typically begin 1–2 weeks after infection and may wane and reappear cyclically. If gone untreated, symptoms may last 6 weeks. Common treatment is Flagyl, rehydration, and an occasional Imodium tablet. The good news is only about 40% of people infected actually exhibit symptoms.
Cryptosporidiosis starts and ends faster. Symptoms begin 2-10 days after ingestion and last for about two weeks. Symptoms include watery diarrhea, cramps, and a low fever. The only available treatment at this time is supportive care with re-hydration and an occasional Imodium tablet. I know that some people are asymtomatic when they contract cryptosporidiosis, but I don't have any hard numbers on this.
Both of these little buggers exist in water sources EVERYWHERE. As I said, both are spread through contaminated feces, so wash your hands. One of the recent crypto outbreaks is believed to have started at a daycare center when an employee changed a diaper and didn't cleanup properly.

B. Bacteria
Common harmful bacteria include Salmonella, Camplylobacter jejuni, and E. coli. In some parts of the world, water may contain bacteria that can cause cholera, dysentery, and typhoid. Some harmful bacteria are small enough that it will pass through a 0.2 micrometre filter. This is mostly a concern in undeveloped countries.

C. Viruses (virii)
The most common viruses that live in water that I can think of are hepatitis A, norovirus, and rotavirus, though I'm sure there are many others. Most virii that humans can get from contaminated water will be vectored from other humans, so out-of-the way lakes and streams are statistically better places to find virus-free water.

D. Chemical contaminants
Pesticides, fertilizers and other agricultural chemicals can contaminate water sources, and God knows what other stuff might be intentionally put in there. Chemicals can be difficult to remove, so if you suspect contamination you should find a different water source. An easy (but not all-encompassing) test is to check for life in the water source. If there are fish, frogs, and whatnot living in the water, chances are good it is free from chemical (and toxic metal) contamination.

C. Toxic metals
Iron, manganese, aluminum, beryllium, chromium, lead, etc. These aren't so much an immediate health concern as a long term one. Generally the water will look and smell funny if there is a seriously toxic dose of metal in it. For example, when Quantico Creek was contaminated with sulfur and iron in the mid 90s, you could smell a hint of rotten eggs from a mile away.

D. Algae, fungi, particulate matter and other nasties
These can impart an odd or foul taste to your water or cause other health issues. Another problem with particulate matter is that it impedes chemical purification.

Alright, on to the good stuff.
Methods of filtering, purifying, disinfecting or decontaminating your drinking water:

A. Heat
Heat kills microorganisms, and virtually all enteropathogens are readily killed at temperatures well below the boiling point. The process of heating water to a boil makes it hot enough long enough to disinfect it, even at higher elevations. There is no need to boil water for 5, 10, 20 minutes as some say. Bringing water to a good rolling boil is adequate for disinfection.

Heat only kills living things, thus chemicals and all that stuff will still be there.

B. Iodine
Iodine has been used for almost a century to disinfect drinking water, and many of the expensive store bought disinfection products are just iodine in tablet form. Iodine will kill or inactivate virii, bacteria, and most protozoa. It is considered "OK" at killing giardia and somewhat ineffective at killing crypto, due to their hard shells. Iodine comes in many different forms, and disinfection is temperature dependent, so I'll give you some guidelines.

Preparation/Iodine Concentration/Amount per liter:
Iodine Topical Solution/ 2% / 8 drops
Iodine Tincture / 2% / 8 drops
Lugol's Solution / 5% / 4 drops
Povidone-Iodine (Betadine®) / 10% / 4 drops
Tetraglycine hydroperiodide (Globaline, Portable Aqua, EDWGT) / 8mg / 1 tablet

If your water is clear, use these disinfection times:
60F/15C or higher: 15 minutes
40F/5C: 30 minutes
If the water is cloudy, double the time.
If you're using a solution that isn't listed above, the concentration you're looking for is 8mg of iodine per liter of water.
In general, if you are in a hurry double the chemical dose and halve the contact time; if you want better flavor halve the dose and double the contact time.
If you pass your water through a 0.4 µm filter or smaller, you can use an iodine concentration of 1mg per liter of water to kill any remaining virii or small bacteria. This equals 1 drop for most liquid formulations.

Povidone is a binding solution that allows higher concentrations of iodine in water. Although the overall concentration of Betadine is 10% per bottle, the povidone content makes it difficult to gauge the concentration per drop. That's why you add the same number of drops for a bottle of 10% Povidone-Iodine as you do for a 5% bottle of .

Iodine should not be used by persons with an allergy to iodine, persons with active thyroid disease, or pregnant women.

C. Household Bleach
Chlorine bleach contains about 5 or 6 percent sodium hypochlorate. It is effective in killing most microbes, EXCEPT crypto.
The calculated solution is much easier than iodine. 3 drops per liter at normal temperature, clear water, 30 minutes contact time. 5 drops per liter if cloudy or cold, 60 minutes contact time. There should be a slight hint of a chlorine smell. If there isn't, treat again.

The use of chlorine bleach to disinfect water is very dependent on the pH of the water. Water that has not been filtered may have organic particles that will absorb chlorine, either nullifying its ability to disinfect or releasing it very slowly. Without a chemical test kit, the only viable way to make sure the chlorine hasn't been absorbed is to add it until you can smell it.
Of course, don't use household bleach that has fragrance, soap, or other additives.

D. Chlorine Dioxide (also called Stabilized Oxygen)
Commercially available with MSR's Miox purifier, AquaMira tablets, and Katadyn Micropur MP-1 tablets. I don't know of any other commercial preparations. Effective at killing microbes including giardia and crypto. Follow the manufacturer's instructions.

E. UV light and oxygenation (SODIS Method and Steri-Pen)
Giardia and crypto, as well as several other microbial nasties, have been shown to be somewhat sensitive to UV light. The process is simple, but only works with clear water. If the water is cloudy, it must be filtered until clear. The SODIS method uses a combination of UV-A/UV-C exposure and heat to disinfect.
Place water in a clear plastic or glass bottle (label removed), cap, and shake for 1 minute. Remove cap and place in on sheet of corrugated iron or on a rooftop in direct sunlight for 6 hours on a clear or up to 50% cloudy day. Greater than 50% cloudiness requires 2 full days of exposure. Precipitation diffuses UV light, so no disinfection will take place if it's raining. In very hot areas, if the water temp rises to 120F, only 1 hour in the sun is needed.

Remember this is reference info mainly yank so most of it can be adapted,, however, most is usable

Hoss dee electric worm
E G M
Hoss the SURVIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #253
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

It seem that I'm not on the same page as the majority. i will step back and try to learn.
As a parting gesture http://www.standayo.com/Our_Books/DTP.html I have the book, it is very concise.

I wish you all the peace happiness and longevity I desire for myself and my family.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #254
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Major news ground crew,
the us government has began the imediate recal to duty of all ex us military personal which was only done previously in dec 1941 it did not occur during the korean war nor did it occur during the vietnam war
sirdiablo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #255
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdiablo69 View Post
Major news ground crew,
the us government has began the imediate recal to duty of all ex us military personal which was only done previously in dec 1941 it did not occur during the korean war nor did it occur during the vietnam war
So this means what? You think it will happen here? is it going to be on with Iran?
Yeah I know to many questions!

Peace Aussie Babe
Barb
Old 11-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #256
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdiablo69 View Post
Major news ground crew,
I too am curious to know the possible conclusion of such an event in the US.

Has anybody attempted to make an overunity device or have any information on it? There was a documentary a few nights ago on the ABC regarding scientists theories and practical devices that in their opinion are devices that has created free energy or perpetual motion. I'm trying to get the ABC to air it again.

Let's hope it buckets down raining over this week in Vic.
Robski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #257
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

HI ALL

If the New MESSIAH is going to get out of Iraq while the non-existent war is still going! Do you really think that there is any hope of AFGHANISTAN ending. I ran entirely different situation to the last to/ any western forces go in there n you will arouse the intire MUSLIM race. Plus what about PAKISTAN, are the yanks seriously going into there?
I doubt that very much for both of them

Do not let fear run away on this; there is big change coming in America as it is here.
We all get unsettled with change that is a dangerous time as people tend to react rather than think

Who knows maybe they are getting ready to deal with their own people, when they realize that as usual they've been lied to yet again,
I'd be more worried abut the fact that most if not all of the REGULAR Australian peacetime army is over-seas n not here, than the thought of IRAN being attacked.

Hoss
E G M

Last edited by Hoss the SURVIVER; 11-18-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #258
Lunatic
Avalon Senior Member

[/QUOTE] Has anybody attempted to make an overunity device or have any information on it? There was a documentary a few nights ago on the ABC regarding scientists theories and practical devices that in their opinion are devices that has created free energy or perpetual motion. I'm trying to get the ABC to air it again. [/QUOTE]

Hiya Robski

I have not been into this subject for very long but my understanding of "Overunity" is that it basically refers to "perpetual Motion"....I have not built one or any free energy device as yet so i cannot comment on their worth but i have recently downloaded an 1800 page E-Book on the subject (Free Energy). http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/PJKBook.html

A great site that my wife found for me, if your technically savvy, ie, if you understand electrical and or electronic theory is http://www.thebackshed.com ....Its an Aussie site with lots of Aussie speak...But I must warn you ... They are Geeks, so a lot of what the talk about is in geek speak (Technical lingo)....

The following Avalon link is where i first started my FREE ENERGY search http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1322

Hope this helps in your noblest of Quests Robski..

Lunatic Out

Last edited by Lunatic; 11-19-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #259
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Babe View Post
So this means what? You think it will happen here? is it going to be on with Iran?
Yeah I know to many questions!

Peace Aussie Babe
Barb
Gday All
l shall attempt to best answer your concern regards the recall to duty of the ex US military, at the moment its only the officers being notified although there has yet to be alternate verification published online, yet the general consenses has been that the reporter is both genuine and unlikely to want to trash his career over a bogus report, in another weks time apparently the staff sgts etc will be recieving their recall to service.
As for what that means, there are several likely scenarios, China ? issued a statement several weeks ago to the effect that if the US dollars colapsed they ( the chinese govt ) would see that as an act of war, secondly several months ago the russian military restarted their strategic long range bomber programme and there have already been several incidences with them flying nearby foriegn airspace ( recently the british airforce scrambled to intercept and divert some of these near british airspace ) AS of 2 yrs ago the US had over 53 trillion dollar foriegn debt was has since only increased. as well the global derivatives mkt is running at over a quadrillion even though total global assest are only in the trillions.
Since the US elections with Obama as the new prseident elect there has been an unprecedented overwhelming increase in gun sales across the us for days the number of security checks for new gun permits where as high as one million us citizens per hour.
As well as that is that there has also been increasinf calls from various militia groups in the US to retore the american constitution and their bill of rights, which has been effectively castrated by bush's patriot act 1 and patriot act 2 two volumous works of new laws that allow for any president to declare martial law even if a dog pisses on the fence Bush has already renewed the state of emergecy a second time since the 9/11 aproximately 3 weeks ago and it went virtually unreported in the media.
in the lead up to the second bailout bill to pass in US senate/congress some of the senators/congressmen where warned if the bill wasnt passed within 2 weeks Bush would declare martial law in the US.
IN a RECENT PRESS RELEASE THE israeli air force commander claimed that they where ready to bomb the **** out of IRAN at a moments notice, which effectivelly draws the US into a MIDDLE EASTERN hell hole and the possible prext for ww111 as both china and russia claimed they would destroy israel if they did,also israel has over 300 nuclear warheads currently be manned by US military and the israelis have a a program named SAMSON which is if it looks like they are going to bite the bullet everyone ends up with a nuclear bomb in their back yard.
Russia has europe by the testicles as it supplies over 60% of all of europe and england with their heating/ cooking and fuel supplies, that the Russians have used to persuade the europeans. A recent example was the french president calling for a unified europe( which included Russia ).
the Russian and Chinese have been in talks about creating their own currency seperate from the EURO and the US dollar, the chinese now own more US treasury bonds than even Japan does.
and the list goes on
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #260
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

FREE ENERGY DEVICES
there is a website that should interest many of you its called panaceauniversity.org if you google it do a web search l believe its still operating you shall all be pleasently surprised all there info is free to download and includes many useful items such as the carburettor design ( numerous) that gives 200mpg for V8 CAR AS WELL hydrogen conversion of pertol engines to run on water and many many many other similar device designs happy hunting
Old 11-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #261
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieG View Post
It seem that I'm not on the same page as the majority. i will step back and try to learn.
As a parting gesture http://www.standayo.com/Our_Books/DTP.html I have the book, it is very concise.

I wish you all the peace happiness and longevity I desire for myself and my family.
Gday Aussie G,
As you have done to any of my people to you it shal be done unto lol,
ln the true christmas spirit l too have a gift for you Aussie G l have got you a 5 KVA deisel genorator l found it on ebay all you have to do is pay for it and they will even deliver it to your front door
Cheers sirdiablo69
Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #262
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Melbourne/Victoria

HI ALL

If we have not run across REXresearch here is an address http://www.rexresearch.com/1index.htm

It has a ton n half of info in it. Plus plenty of old patient stuff, enjoy i do every time i look

Hoss
E G M
Old 11-20-2008, 02:04 AM   #263
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the offer, but i have already have one. Cheers
Old 11-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #264
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Who in the Vic/Melb Ground Crew will be leaving when this site becomes a subscription only forum? Of course we can still read but thats not much good if you can't post or leave a PM for someone!
I am still thinking about it but think I will be leaving.

Peace to you all
Aussie Babe
Barb
Old 11-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #265
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

HI ALL

Yo Aussiebabe ?

http://www.astrovera.com/forum/index.php
Have a gekko here, has a good feel like the ussie ground crew here does may be worth a gander?

Hoss
E G M
Old 11-24-2008, 02:08 AM   #266
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

I've found the information on the avalon forum to be quite useful. To remain on this forum will depend upon the fee and conditions before deciding to stay on board.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #267
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

important urgent message to all vic ground crew please please please phone/ email johhno if you have his conact details as he realy needs to know we care about his welfare as do many others and that he shall be able to find the solutions to his current concerns if he can give himself the chance
Cheers sirdiablo
we need to raily around johnno in some supportive unintrusive manner
Old 11-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #268
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Spoke to Johnno, he is having some minty times but his spirits are on the up. Hope to catch up with him soon.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #269
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

HI Sirdiablo and Aussie G

I to spoke to johnno today,he appeared to be in good spirits, but having said that he will still need our love and support to get him through his current crisis.If anyone would like his contact details please PM me, he is going to need a lot of support to get him back to the old Johnno we all know.

cheers
Aussie Babe
Barb
Old 11-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #270
Global Nomad
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Big warm hello from Me to Johnno from sunny NSW.

Oh ... and to all you good VIC folk out there too !

Best of luck to all of us over the silly season

G Nomad
Global Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #271
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hi all,

I shall contact Johnno today and liven up his spirits.

Regarding paid subsciption, I'm not so sure what the whole confusion is all about. $1-$5 per month is little by comparison to what most of us spend weekly on items we could do without.

I've been a paid subscriber of another website called www.consciousmedia.com
The site has a multitude of resources in the way of interviews and documents to view for free. However, a subscription meant that you could get access to the current months interviews rather than waiting for that month to expire. Considering the amount of work taken by the back office to research such info' it only made sense to consider my subscription of $50pa as a donation. The amount of money subscribing pales into insignificance when I think about the **** I've spent money on.

Food for thought. I'm still considering whether to add avalon on my paid subscribers list. But the amount their asking for does not seem unreasonable.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 AM   #272
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Averlon
Would I consider sitting in the dark acceptable If all the lights went out because I was not prepare to pay the $1 a day needed to keep them shining.

I don't know what is going to happen, but there is one thing I do know. Before Camelot and Averlon I was sitting in the dark thinking the artificial light it was daylight. I suspect that all genuine sites that attempt to open up the windows and doors and let the real light in are going to be attacked.
Whether Kerry and Bill are revealing information or disinformation I takes me hat of to them. Without their efforts and people like them our reality is not our own.

Maybe subscription will weed out the door slammers and let more light in.
For me its time to step up to the plate.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:28 AM   #273
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, Fellow Mellbournians & others in OZ. I agree with Robski reg: subscriptions, when you consider the wealth of information and knowledge you get from this forum. Let alone the amazing people you can met on a similar level to ourselves here in Melb and on the other side of the world! How can you argue for a few dollars for that?

I thought Sirdiablo69 might know about this stuff, but if any one knows more - it might be what a few Aussie families might need if things get worse. I found this link on an Australian site http://www.loveforlife.com.au/node/5760
ITS REGARDING; Australian laws, citizens rights, Banks & credit control to how to get out of speed camera tickets. What do you guys think?

Its great to see people rallying around Johno, I'm sure it helps him to know people do care. Maybe we can consider a pre Christmas get together???
Peace and be good to you. Pep
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:48 AM   #274
Dakini7
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings everyone

I am about to relocate back to Melbourne after a hermit phase in the forest of NZ...and am keen to connect with other likeminded individuals interested in working together to create a safe haven for us all outside of Melbourne CBD. So count me in to the Ground Crew! I have many skills to contribute. Has a meeting occurred yet, in person? I'd like to instigate one if not. Mattriks, hilarious to find you on here but oh so synchronous hey brother

Full support to you all...and I hope you have all had a watch of Zeitgeist and Zeitgeist Addendum so as to get completely clued up on what's going on out there.

Blessings x
Dakini7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #275
mulder

I just want to send this support message to Johnno - just know I care & feel free to PM me if you need to.