Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Raskarcapac
Avalon Senior Member

Default Questioning Zecharia Sitchin's work

I. Introduction

It's been quite a number of years now that many researchers in the field of ET/UFO have used Zecharia Stichin's (unproven) statements to support the idea that humanity was a creation of extra-terrestrial beings named ANUNNAKI, whose planet of origin is NIBIRU.

Although my own research has led me to the conclusion that humanity is the creation (through genetic programming and cloning) of reptilian beings which were not of our solar system, there is absolutely no Mesopotamian clay tablet which supports Sitchin's specific arguments.

Sitchin has never answered to any of his critics, and the only reference he gave (seal VA-243) has no astronomical value whatsoever.

II. A list of some of Sitchin's errors

1. NIBIRU

This is not the home planet of the ANUNNA(KI).

The only home of the ANUNNA(KI) mentioned in the Sumerian tablets is the DUKU(G) ("holy mound" in Sumerian.) Moreover, Sumerian astronomical texts state that NIBIRU was visible in the sky every year, thus dismissing the possibility of an outer planet with a long elliptical orbit of 3,600 years.

According to Anton Parks' own research (see references below), NIBIRU (NEBERU in Akkadian) is the planet Venus, the celestial disrupter. In Egyptian, NEB-HERU means "The Lord Horus." HORUS is symbolized by the Morning Star, Venus, just as the Christ.

2. The ANUNNA(KI)

2.1 They were not the Sumerian chief gods

The Sumerian chiefs gods were the USHUMGAL whose supreme chief was AN.

A decomposition of the word USHUMGAL in Sumerian particles gives: USHUM (dragon, monarch) - GAL (great) thus "great dragon or monarch."

According to Anton Parks, the seven USHUMGAL who ruled over KALAM (Sumer) were AN, ANSHAR, KISHAR, LAHMU, LAHAMU, ENLIL and NINMAH. However, technically (genetically) ENLIL and NINMAH were not USHUMGAL. ENLIL was a NUNGAL and NINMAH (who had the knowledge of cloning) was an AMASHUTUM priestess.

The ANUNNA(KI) were merely warriors without any knowledge of genetics and cloning. All of these reptilian creatures called themselves GINA'ABUL ("lizard" in Sumerian) or GI-NA-AB-UL ("veritable ancestor of the splendor").

2.2 The word ANUNNAKI does not mean "those from heaven who came to earth"

The compound word ANUNNAKI is decomposed as such: ANUNNA - KI (Earth) thus "ANUNNA of the Earth."

A decomposition of the word ANUNNA in Sumerian particles gives: A (offspring) - NUN (prince) - NA (genitive suffix) thus "noble stock or princely progeny."

ANUNNA also means fear or dread.

2.3 They were not mining gold for the purpose of repairing the atmosphere of their home planet

As stated in section II.1, NIBIRU is not the home planet of the ANUNNA(KI), and nowhere on any clay tablet is stated that they were mining gold with the goal of repairing its atmosphere.

According to Anton Parks, the home planet of the ANUNNA(KI) is rightly the DUKU which is located in the UBSHU'UKKINA (the star Maia) system in MULMUL (the Pleiades.)

3. The NEPHILIM

The meaning of this word is not "those who came down from above."

Since NEPHILIM is plural, and if that word comes from the Hebrew NAPHAL (to fall), then the closest translation would be "those who are fallen."

A decomposition of the word NEPHILIM in Sumerian particles reveals an interesting meaning (no 'F/PH' in Sumerian so we use 'H' instead): NE (fear) - HI'IL'IM (Emesal dialect for Sumerian HA-LAM (destruction)) thus "fear and destruction."

According to Anton Parks, the NEPHILIM were the SHEMSU ("followers" in Egyptian) of HERU/HORUS. They are not to be mistaken with the Watchers of the Bible, who he equates with the NUNGAL/IGIGI, the SHEMSU of ENKI/ASAR/OSIRIS.

4. The ELOHIM

Sitichin is right to observe that the Hebrew word ELOHIM is (masculine) plural, suggesting that the "Adamic" lines of the Genesis were the product of a group of creators, and not YHWH (Yahvé.) However, as some think, this word does not mean at all "the shining ones" or any similar appellation. Neither there is any hint that these creators were the ANUNNA(KI).

A decomposition in Sumerian particles reveals the original, hidden meaning of the word (no 'O' in Sumerian so we use 'U' instead): EL/IL (elevated) - U (powerful) - HI (to mix) - IM (clay) thus "the powerful elevated beings who mixed the clay." In the context of the Genesis, the clay symbolizes Man, the clay being.

Anton Parks equates the ELOHIM with the KADISHTU ("ancient assemblers of life" in Sumerian), a confederation of life designing races which had the responsibility of our solar system (TIAMATE.)

III. Conclusion

Aside from Anton Parks' own assertions, what I have stated above are facts that anybody endowed with critical thinking can check for themselves. I think it is time for the ET/UFO researchers to cease to repeat Sitchin's statements without even bothering to check their validity.

Supporters of Sitchin's ideas should have a look at Michael Heiser's critical analysis of his (poorly researched) work. Although Heiser does not support the Ancient Astronauts hypothesis, he is a linguist (M.A. and Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages) and his analysis is nonetheless rigorous.

For an alternative and completely original analysis of the ancient Sumerian, Egyptian and Biblical texts, I highly recommend anybody with an interest in ET/UFO and human origins to have a look at the research work of Anton Parks (www.antonparks.com and www.ages-of-uras.com).

Quote from http://alienstranger.com/heiserAOD2004.htm :
"A popular guest on Coast to Coast AM, Art Bell says "Mike [Michael Heiser] is uniquely qualified to discuss the relationship between ancient texts and ufology..." Mike has appeared twice a year since 2000, with Art Bell, George Noory and Barbara Simpson, answering questions pertaining to the Nephilim of Genesis 6 and his critiques of Zechariah Sitchin's errors. Upon hearing only one of these shows, speaker and author Jim Marrs told Mike that he wished he'd heard Mike Heiser's analysis before endorsing Zecharia Sitchin in his book, Alien Agenda."

Quote from http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Secrets.html :
"Throughout his books, and in public talks, Zecharia Sitchin has ascribed the remarkable longevity of the Anunnaki to their home dwelling place, the planet Nibiru, whose orbital period is 3600 earth years. This, he says, means that every year of the life of an Anunnaki god equals 3600 years of earth human life. That no one challenges Sitchin on this nutty idea is a tribute to the cultish quality of his following. However he was challenged once - by me [Gerry Zeitlin], at a public appearance in the Bay area. I simply asked him how he might justify the assertion that longevity and aging are linked to the length of a planet's year. His reply: "Next question?"

IV. References

Anton Parks' research work available at: http://www.antonparks.com
Gerry Zeitlin's study of Anton Parks' work available at: http://www.ages-of-uras.com
Michael Heiser's critique of Zecharia Sitchin's work available at: http://www.michaelsheiser.com
John A. Halloran's Sumerian lexicon available for free at: http://www.sumerian.org
René Labat and Florence Malbran-Labat's manual of Akkadian epigraphy available at: http://www.geuthner.com

Last edited by Raskarcapac; 02-18-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Minor correction and additions.
Raskarcapac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Questioning Zecharia Sitchin's work

Thanks for the thread. Too many people tend to veil with unproven things and works. Sitchin claims a lot but proves barely anything.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

It's my personal opinion the Annunaki want mankind to believe they created present human species and they are solely responsible..........

Bill R. told me ZS's material was channeled via automatic writing.........something he said most people are unaware of...........
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Shairia
Avalon Senior Member

I've never heard that there was a possibility that his work was chanelled, very interesting indeed. It makes so much sense. Thanks for posting that eleni!
Shairia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Very interesting, a new angle to the story...sounds very probable....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the critical analysis Gerry. Good work. This will be keeping me busy for quite some time.

Cheers

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Zenbuoy
Retired Avalon Member

Thumbs down Re: Questioning Zecharia Sitchin's work

Greetings All:

I'm glad someone else started this thread because i recently came across a little

Click It

and I'll be virtually darned if I didn't press it (Link is also listed in the nice accumulation of stuff above.)

BUT... as we all eventually learn... WHAT IS DISINFO and what is not?

And... why would a Mother Goddess in a discussion about SEEING shapeshifting leaders of the world turn in to Reptillians... all of a sudden make extended personal remarks about our man Zech (1:41 min.) (i.e., personal attacks being the hallmark of disinfo agents)?

"He is a shapeshifter." - Arizona Wilder

Annnnd...why does our man Zech do the hokey pokey handshake with our other man Jordan (:25 sec.) ?

So, is he a Masonic Summerian Presenter (everything is approved of this magnitude. See: Tesla NOT being approved as was not Royal Rife.

So... is it reality being degraded to appear as a falsehood by appearing as disinfo?

Is the OP here to present this opposing view - a learned question to think when an avatar has ONLY ONE POST? (nothing virtually personal OP...)

Genuine questions by moi.. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pill-r-b.jpg (2.6 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by Zenbuoy; 01-18-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Zenbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Check out the website http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

This is a complex discussion and much of the basis is on Stichin's potential mistranslation of ancient languages. I don't expect to ever find this out myself, since doing so would entail being able to read these ancient languages fluently, but I wonder why Stichin won't discuss the details with this PhD linguist and whether he has something to hide.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

This is good stuff. Thanks

Never a dull moment, or a truth that may be indeed a lie.

Hell, what if the universal way we are taught to decipher ancient languages is a con?
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
RASKAR AS AR
Avalon Senior Member

"Nos oreilles,habituées dès nos premiéres années à entendre
leurs récits mensongers,et nos esprits imbus de ces préjugés
depuis des siècles conservent comme un dépôt précieux ces
suppositions fabuleuses...En sorte de faire apparaître la vérité
comme une extravagance,et de donner à des récits adultérés
la tournure de la vérité."

Sanchoniaton
"Pionnier des vérités premières"
RASKAR AS AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
Raskarcapac
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbuoy View Post
[...]

Genuine questions by moi.. What do you guys think?
Thanks for these links.

I won't say that Sitchin is a "shapeshifting reptilian" but I strongly suspect he and Maxwell are Masonic disinfo agents.

Obviously Sitchin is a fraud... Anyone with half a brain and a Sumerian syllabary can debunk his nonsense.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
TempestGarden
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
Check out the website http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

This is a complex discussion and much of the basis is on Stichin's potential mistranslation of ancient languages. I don't expect to ever find this out myself, since doing so would entail being able to read these ancient languages fluently, but I wonder why Stichin won't discuss the details with this PhD linguist and whether he has something to hide.

--sjkted
I discovered this website some time ago. I am not saying that I fully subscribe to everything Sitchin says but I think it is worth noting that Michael Heiser very much has a "Christian Agenda" simply for lack of a better phrase. So even though he may be correct in his assessment of Sitchin, this caused me to take in his information with "a grain of salt" as the saying goes.

I suppose if you are of the Christian faith, then some of what he says will resonate with you. Everyone is free to believe what they want of course, but it might be worthwhile to at least consider what I have said above when looking over Heiser's website and material.

Just my 2 cents, which probably isn't worth much.
TempestGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

AMZING.

SITCHIN meet the Jesuits in the Vatican (the divination hill) BEFORE he invented his fameous theory.

THE NEW WORLD (DIS)ORDER'S WORLD RELIGION IS THE NEW AGE'S UFO GOSPEL

See this Videoooooo

A CHALLENGE TO ZACHARIAS SITCHIN'S THEORIES.

Cheers, and Don't Be Scamed!!! Waaagh
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #14
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestGarden View Post
I discovered this website some time ago. I am not saying that I fully subscribe to everything Sitchin says but I think it is worth noting that Michael Heiser very much has a "Christian Agenda" simply for lack of a better phrase. So even though he may be correct in his assessment of Sitchin, this caused me to take in his information with "a grain of salt" as the saying goes.

I suppose if you are of the Christian faith, then some of what he says will resonate with you. Everyone is free to believe what they want of course, but it might be worthwhile to at least consider what I have said above when looking over Heiser's website and material.

Just my 2 cents, which probably isn't worth much.
I think the real question is does Stichin have any knowledge of the languages he says he does. The majority of his work is based on this premise. If the answer is no, then the only logical answer is that he is a fraud.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #15
PsyberPsyne
Avalon Senior Member

Aye, Raskarcapac, aye!

Thank you for your research. I have discovered many similar ideas in mine.
PsyberPsyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #16
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Raskarcapac
Supporters of Sitchin's ideas should have a look at Michael Heiser's critical analysis of his (poorly researched) work. Although Heiser does not support the Ancient Astronauts hypothesis, he is a linguist (M.A. and Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages) and his analysis is nonetheless rigorous.
Thank you Raskarcapac.
I have found Heiser’s analysis quite interesting and thoughts provoking. Jordan Maxwell provided finance for Sitchin’s work. Interestingly enough, Heiser’s analysis not only shows incompetence of Sitchin’s work but also that of J. Maxwell. Furthermore, if there is no any evidence of Nibiru in Mesopotamian text, his analysis put in question Bob Dean’s testimony. I guess the circle of mutual admiration is more evident.

Best regards,
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #17
Raskarcapac
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth and integrity View Post
Thank you Raskarcapac.
I have found Heiser’s analysis quite interesting and thoughts provoking. Jordan Maxwell provided finance for Sitchin’s work. Interestingly enough, Heiser’s analysis not only shows incompetence of Sitchin’s work but also that of J. Maxwell. Furthermore, if there is no any evidence of Nibiru in Mesopotamian text, his analysis put in question Bob Dean’s testimony. I guess the circle of mutual admiration is more evident.
Nibiru/Neberu is cited in the Mesopotamian tablets, no doubt about that. But:
- it is not the home planet of the Anunna(ki);
- it is difficult to determine which planet it actually is.

Based on the information we have, historians think the best match is Jupiter, but in some cases they think it is Mercury.

I think Immanuel Velikovsky and Anton Parks have the answer; that is, Nibiru is Venus and originally was the satellite of Mulge ("dark star"), a planet located between Mars and Jupiter which was destroyed and which remains form the asteroid belt.

The planet Mulge is cited in some Sumerian texts but the historians don't know what to do about it. If indeed it was located just before Jupiter, that explains why the historians think Jupiter is the best match for Mulge/Nibiru.

Things are further complicated by the fact that in some cases, Nibiru seems to be confounded with Mulge in the Sumerian texts.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for clarification. I did not explain clearly what I question about Sitchin’s interpretation. Sitchin said that Nibiru is visible every 36.000 years. In my understanding,Mesopotamian tablets show the evidence of a planet that was visible every year. In that sense, Sitchin’s Nibiru is a fraud.

Best regards,
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
omshanti
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Questioning Zecharia Sitchin's work

in light of the research/channelings of anton parks (and those who rightly question sitchin) how do you view the testimonies of bob dean and partner marcia?
omshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #20
Seafury
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti View Post
in light of the research/channelings of anton parks (and those who rightly question sitchin) how do you view the testimonies of bob dean and partner marcia?
I don't believe Marcia Schafer makes any claims as to Nibiru, Bob Dean does though. Personally, I think he may be aware of some celestial body that has govt scientists worried (The asteroid Apophis maybe?) but I think his attributing this to being Nibiru is probably his own conclusion and a bit of a false leap.

I like Bob Dean but nobodies perfect and I think he's off-base with his Nibiru material.

Great thread btw. This forum has a lot of woo-woo stuff but threads like this justify my time here.
Seafury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #21
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

I think the idea that every bloodline on earth was tampered with by Annunaki can very easily have multiple holes shot in it. On the other hand, some of the blood lines being tampered with is a real possibility. I have come across some people that seem not to have any humanity in them at all.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #22
NeedForSpeed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashatav View Post
AMZING.

SITCHIN meet the Jesuits in the Vatican (the divination hill) BEFORE he invented his fameous theory.

THE NEW WORLD (DIS)ORDER'S WORLD RELIGION IS THE NEW AGE'S UFO GOSPEL

See this Videoooooo

A CHALLENGE TO ZACHARIAS SITCHIN'S THEORIES.

Cheers, and Don't Be Scamed!!! Waaagh
This video is great. And not only Sitchin, but many so called "contactees" also make such ludicrous claims. In the presentation he mentions Semjase from Billy Meier, and that makes perfect sense.

Billy Meier is a con artist from the NWO and Sitchin must be another one.

The religion they are trying to set up includes New Age concepts and alien worshiping.
NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #23
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

Once again, it's all conjecture. Unless you can read the tablets yourself then you are relying on the opinion of someone else. Just because someone doesn't agree with Sitchin (and I'm not defending him) doesn't make them right and him wrong. It always comes down to perspective and thory unless you were there to witness it...

Peace...
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #24
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

"Obviously Sitchin is a fraud... Anyone with half a brain and a Sumerian syllabary can debunk his nonsense. "

hilarious!

I've never taken much notice of Sitchin [why would I?], but he did apparently meet with Corrado Balducci, according to Leo Zagami, and this appears to have been the source of all the planet X stories, which in itself is interesting.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
redtailhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleni View Post
It's my personal opinion the Annunaki want mankind to believe they created present human species and they are solely responsible..........

Bill R. told me ZS's material was channeled via automatic writing.........something he said most people are unaware of...........
If Bill Ryan indeed said that Sitchin's work is channeled, his source needs to be revealed. I was just reading an article about Sitchin's work yesterday where Sitchin is quoted saying, "....what I think is really unimportant because everything I've written is based on evidence; there is very little surmising in it....." Automatic writing is not "evidence", and any scientific minded person would be a fool to claim so. I would highly question this hearsay, until we hear directly from Bill. This is an important allegation which needs to be clarified.
redtailhawk is offline   Reply With Quote