Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
Nebula

Default Bright Star over Southern Cali..or something else?

Tonight after dark around 6:30 pst, I have sighted what looks like a unsually bright star in the southern - southwest skies over southern california. I'm not sure if its one of our neighbouring planets within our solar system! but can't help but wonder if this could be a spaceship? I don't have a telescope, or binoculars, but this bright star seems to have flickering lights to the naked eye. I'm thinking anyone on the north american continent especially the west, provided they have clear skies, could be able to see it. For those that do, check it out and please provide some feedback!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
Koyaanisqatsi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Bright Star over Southern Cali..or something else?

it sounds like you may be seeing what some others have mentioned seeing too including myself. this link provided a nice explanation of what may be your current observation. i hope you find it helpful.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8261
Koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #3
Truth voice 2012
Avalon Senior Member

We saw It here in Ireland too if its the same thing your talking about. It was either Jupiter or Venus. Their very visable at the moment. Who knows though. What you seen could have been something else...
Truth voice 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
Nebula

I'm glad i wasn't alone on this! Thanks for the link Koyaanisgats! : I found David's explanation below making alot of sense. What a wonderful sighting and alignment!? Its a great time to be alive to witness this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Whenever evening skies are clear this week, take a moment to step outside and catch a glimpse at one of the year's most striking events in the night sky.

Each night, the brilliant planets Jupiter and Venus - now dazzling in the southwestern sky after sunset - will draw closer together.

NASAThey're headed for a spectacular triple conjunction with a very young crescent moon on Monday, Dec. 1 (left). On that evening, Jupiter and Venus will stand just 2 degrees apart in the evening sky - the width of two pinky fingers held at arm's length.

Jupiter - now above and to the left of Venus - will have moved by Dec. 1 to a spot immediately above and to the right of Venus.

The crescent moon will hang just above and to the left of Venus, forming a lovely, delicate triangle.

If skies are clear, the spectacle is sure to grab the attention of anyone who happens to glance that way - evening commuters, dog walkers and folks out for an after-dinner stroll. You won't need to find dark skies. This celestial event will be visible everyplace that isn't clouded in.

Last edited by Nebula; 11-30-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

it is an amaSing alignment of planets
love/susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #6
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

i can see the same thing up here in oregon.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
Nebula

Thank you all for your input. As the say seeing is knowing! but i want know more. I'm currently searching the web to see if anyone has taken real time pics of this event!. I did find one (see link below), a Venus/Jupiter alignment that was from Feb 23, 1999! That's over 9 years ago! I wonder how often this occurs and how it impacts earth life and other planetary bodies in our solar system! Any astronomers in the house? I wonder if Michael St.Clair can enlighten us on this from the astrological viewpoint!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

I also found more info from this thread by Giovonni (thanks man)
. http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8309

direct link to http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Venus...Sky_29963.html

Last edited by Nebula; 11-30-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
Euphor|a
Avalon Senior Member

I saw the same thing to!! I'm in northern cali, I thought it was a ufo because I was seeing some weird red lights flashing by it and the way it was lined up with the star above it or whatever was above it looked like a classic ufo formation. I could of swore I saw it moving for a minute, it's not there anymore though so if it was a really bright star wouldn't it still be there?
Euphor|a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
Euphor|a
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Thank you all for your input. As the say seeing is knowing! but i want know more. I'm currently searching the web to see if anyone has taken real time pics of this event!. I did find one (see link below), a Venus/Jupiter alignment that was from Feb 23, 1999! That's over 9 years ago! I wonder how often this occurs and how it impacts earth life and other planetary bodies in our solar system! Any astronomers in the house? I wonder if Michael St.Clair can enlighten us on this from the astrological viewpoint!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

I also found more info from this thread by Giovonni (thanks man)
. http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8309

direct link to http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Venus...Sky_29963.html

I rushed to get my digital but even when I zoomed in all the way it wouldnt show up on the screen, could of been the light around me but I was bummed. If you get any pics please post!
Euphor|a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

I saw it about 2 weeks ago, very bright , star like , but it started to move and disapired, moved to fast to be a star really strange. but cool
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote