Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: colin powell says"there will be a crisis on jan.21st or 22nd"

You have taken what he says out of context. He is talking about not knowing what problems we will face come Jan 21, (Inauguration day). He is saying that things are happening so quickly that the next President may face another problem that does not exist today.

Do not think he said Obama???

Also the anniversary of, Jan 21 2008 - Black Monday in worldwide stock markets. FTSE 100 had its biggest ever one-day point’s fall, European stocks closed with their worst result since 9/11, and Asian stocks drop as much as 15%.

Last edited by Darren Swisher; 10-21-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Darren Swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #27
eraser2012
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January" - Colin powell

Richard, I want to thank you sincerely for that response. I'm at a bit of a loss for words right now because everything you just said feels like truth and really encapsulates a lot of the journey I've been on. I don't think I ever put it all together in that way before and I really liked how you summarized it. I found myself wishing it went on another 10 pages! It sounds like you've written that before. I'd love to contine this conversation, but it would be off topic for this thread. Let me simply ask you if you could share any resources that you use/have used that have helped you in your journey to arrive at this viewpoint. Hope I don't sound phony in my compliments, but I think this message is reaching me at exactly the right moment (as I guess it had too!). Thanks again.. a lot.
eraser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #28
cakewhole
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
I just posted this on the other thread dealing with the Powell interview in "what's going down."

The context in the interview is a discussion about whether Obama is ready for the presidency. Remember, the elections are in November, but the president is not innagurated until January 20-something - that was why Powell chose that date. He was saying that Obama is ready on day one.

No cryptic foreknowledge I'm afraid.
lets not forget that powell is a mason,and we know where thier alliegance lies.most all americans know that the new president swears in on jan.21.so personally i feel thier may be more to this.you have a republican,mason who sits on many commities and boards and is way more privy to intelligence than you and i,and hes campaigning for a dem.i smell something fishy.. oh yeah,joe biden said on oct 18th that there will be an international crisis in the 1st 6months of 09..

Last edited by cakewhole; 10-21-2008 at 10:03 PM.
cakewhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #29
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Nothing cryptic but that date was not an improv response. It is a date that was prepared.

Question should be asked is. "what exactly the event that he thinks is going to occur for the newly installed president"?
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #30
eraser2012
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January" - Colin powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
I was watching Powell on Sunday morning - his reference to the date was not cryptic. He was saying that Obama could handle the job starting on day one - which, due to the lag between actual election and taking the oath of office, is January 20-something. It wasn't a slip up conceding to us foreknowledge, he was merely saying Obama could handle the job the moment he starts - that is why he picked the date.

Toodles.

With due respect historycircus, I think you're completely off on your evaluation. Powell specifically stated that a Crisis would happen on the 21st or 22nd.. he was not saying anything about Obama handling the job with that reference. In fact, he used the Crisis date(s) to illustrate what the current administration needs to be doing now to assist Obama during the crisis to follow. We can agree to disagree on this, but I think your viewpoint is much too forgiving and naive (not that you are, just the view on this one)
eraser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #31
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

He may be referring to the documents that Putin has in his possesion that he confiscated from the CIA in Georgia.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #32
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

bump
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #33
BlueEgyptian
Avalon Senior Member

He may be referring to a possible Coronal Mass Ejection. We had one back in 1859. People saw the "northern lights" phenomenon as far south as Cuba, and it caused electrical and telegraph blackouts everywhere.

If a CME were to hit us hard, it could very well impact our magnetic field, and knock out electricity and permanently fry semi-conductors. I've heard an argument for large possibility of this happening in early 2009.

Might this be what he is talking about?
BlueEgyptian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #34
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

I found this to be an extremely odd political maneuver

this coupled with bringing in Palin as VP

it is almost as if both sides are shouting "DON'T VOTE FOR ME!"

very strange and I have never seen this type of behavior in political campaigns before

strange times indeed
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #35
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

after a little thinking on this one, i posit that Powell's crisis statement was not only intentional, i think it could be a sort of subliminal advertising. these 2 short videos by Derren Brown will illustrate what i mean more clearly than i :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQjr1YL0zg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=befugtgikMg
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote