Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Default Wyoming

People from Wyoming.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Default Wyoming

Please list all Wyoming locations here.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
eskinner
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Wyoming

I was wondering if anyone else in Wyoming was awake! I'm in Cheyenne.
eskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Gardavkra
Avalon Senior Member

I'm in Cheyenne, also.
Gardavkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Gardavkra...

that makes 4..

but I think were the only 2 left :-(
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
R.Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris
that makes 4 ...
Nope - 3 ... "Mary Lou" added that "Please list all ___ Locations" to most every thread in here.

I made my first trip out to Wyoming this summer, spent a little time in the Laramie area, where my Dad (and now a niece) attended college. I really enjoyed it out there - granted, a taste of summer gives no indication what it's like out there the rest of the year!

I formed my LLC in Wyoming, and keep a business address & local phone number in Cheyenne.

With the success of this summer's family get-together out there, some more of the family are planning a bigger meetup for next year. If I've got the means, I'll be back out to Laramie for that, next summer. Wouldn't mind meeting any fellow "ground crew" while I'm out there, if we can manage it.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

R.Z.
That would be great to meet up this summer...
I would reccomend checking out Jackson or Dubois though...
Wyoming is the last poplulated state in the whole country and some of the mountians over by the Tetons are amazing....

I was aware that carols original post was just a list all...
But their was one other person that sent me an IM... I think she was from lander...
also a very pretty place...

Another thing that kind of makes me wonder about this place is Yellowstone...
It is very beautiful but the bottom of Yellowstone lake has risen 3 inches in less than a year.
If their is a pole shift I doubt that Yellowstone is going to survive...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #8
R.Z.

I'll follow-up with a PM to give you my contact details ...

There's lots of 40-acre plots selling cheap out there & I have (and still do) consider buying some property out there to 'disappear to'. Yellowstone is definately the 'kicker' when considering such things, though.

The Republic of Lakotah was another possibility, but I think Yellowstone comes into play, even that far East.

As mountains go - the Snowy Range in Medicine Bow was a highlight of our trip this summer (and a low-light when a few of our group got lost & didn't return 'til midnight ... but that's a whole 'nother story!)
Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
Gardavkra
Avalon Senior Member

Hi RZ,
I noticed on another thread that you are a ham or at least studying for a license. I'm also a ham and have been for 25 years. I work mostly CW. Do you have a station set up yet?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
R.Z.

Guess I just covered this in my reply on the HAM thread ... ask me again mid-December & we'll see if I've passed the test on the first go-around!

I've been watching equipment on Ebay - will have a station setup as soon as my budget will allow!

I first got interested because I started sailing several years back & the wife and I would love to live-aboard and explore the world a bit. Being a radio operator seems like a natural extension of that lifestyle, so I've made up my mind to learn!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #11
Gardavkra
Avalon Senior Member

I've talked with a few people on board boats. I remember one guy that was docked somewhere around Baja. He and his wife had just come back from a walk on the beach. I was freezing in Wyoming. Other hobbies hams seem to gravitate to, I've noticed, is astronomy and photography. A boat makes a great platform for a vertical antenna with all the salt water.

Have fun in Laramie. I'm also a graduate of UW. The last time I was there, was during the summer on my motorcycle. It's also fun riding up to the Snowy Mountain Range.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #12
RFburns
Avalon Senior Member

Casper here, no not the ghost!!

Home of K-ROCKS RadioOne online...all kinds of neat stuff on air there.

http://e4ltv.com and http://e4ltv.com/radio.html

Not sure what else to say here, cept I dont look forward to Cheney returning...if he does. I get sick of looking at that stupid federal building of his downtown. But I have to drive by it every day. When I can, I look the other way, but thats not always possible because that stupid building sits right at a corner of a busy intersection with 4 way traffic lights.

Anyway..chiming in for Wyoming...Casper.

Cheers!!!!
RFburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #13
wyomiles
Avalon Senior Member

I am in Colorado but get up to Wyoming once in a while. Would like to know about meetups.
wyomiles is offline   Reply With Quote