View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #31
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Disappearing Male

In response to historycircus and orion11, in that 'tell that to all the women', think about why so many people want to have children? And then take the notion of the current world situation. Do women want to raise a child to bring a life into a beautiful world, or do they just want to nurture something to make themselves happy, so THEY can be a parent. This is really hard to phrase but the concept I am put forth is one of polarities, service to self or service to others. Cause depending on the mothers intent, it can go either way, and I'd have to say the majority it really is the negative aspect to it. As with my own, and from seeing others, parents tend to 'show off' their kids [and their achievements] versus taking direct pride in their kids, regardless of how the rest of the world responds to them [and say so called achievements. Like with my art, I want my mom to stop showing if off to all her friends, and instead look at it and say, "Gregor, that is so unbelievably beautiful". Get me on this?

And as I've said before, besides mostly for post-traumatic stress disorder, pyschiatry is horse load of ****. It's called friends and family, and oh ya, yourself (as in YOU control your emotions)!
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote