View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Thanks Carol what a wonderful idea. Let's see just got my java and sat down.

Here in NC it is a few degrees cooler than normal, they say we are in for a colder winter, I don't know. I kind of miss the snow have not seen a good snow storm in several years.
Spent the weekend with friends talking about merging and managing a good harvest. I have roughly 25 acres here and my neighbor 5 with the rest about 2 aces apiece. We are trying to coordinate what we will grow and share next planting season. Shared some ideas about making things that I received from Avalon.

Yesterday went up to Cana VA and got some local vegetables from what I seen their business is booming, they are local people and I know they will survive what ever comes.

Spent this morning making my first jellies and jams as well as canning a few things a first for me. Made my own detergents this weekend as well again a first, so progress is being made, now I am really tired lol. I have a couple solar panels but not sure if I am going to do a dome home or find somewhere to place them here. Water source is no problem have a well and a stream nearby just have to convert it, worse come to worse we can bring it up, just looking for the way to go with it. I hope the rest of the evening is rest time though.

As far as layoff's I think most of our business has restructured from manufacturing to technical starting in the 80's with massive layoff's that has continued almost eliminating most all of the manufacturing but a few still exist. The small businesses in my area are not closing but are downsizing and prices are up.

Love & peace
Trish
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote