Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: A LOVE boost for Karen : a call to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
Get well soon Karen!!
Love, light & peace!
Steven

P.S. i don't know your situation or activity level but never underestimate the simple power of a daily walk.
Well, now that you mention it there are a number of things I could add to the healing list to focus on. I have Meralgia Paresthetica. It is weird, weird, weird. There is a sensory nerve that feeds the skin on the outside of the thigh. It has a tendency to get get pinched by the inguinal ligament in the groin.

So when I stand or walk it pinches and starts with a strange tingling, prickling right above the left knee on the outside of the leg. If I persist in standing/walking it goes through several other strange sensations ending up in 24/7 a strange static prickle like pain from the knee to the hip bone - and talk about interfere with sleep! And it will also affect the right side if I persist.

I tried the chiropractor, and all sorts of herbs and anti-inflammatories and stuff. I even gave in and drove 4 hours round trip for 3 $500 a piece cortisone shots given by some jerk of doctor. The shots took away the 24/7 pain but still did not allow walking/standing with recurrence.

So now I just run from chair to chair thankful that it doesn't affect the muscles or hurt when I sit or lay down. It's a rare condition that I have researched up one side and down the other. The next option is to try to surgically move the nerve or to cut it and then the whole side of thigh would just be numb. No insurance - forget that.

My best hope seems to be this lovely healing team here. Thank you all you lovelies ... you are all so special.

And I'm going to try to stay away from the computer.
http://www.childrenofthenewearth.com...aren/article26

Last edited by Karen; 09-30-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote