View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #22
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are we slaves or free-who decides

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepromoter View Post
Mudra's awesome!

Its much easier to pretend a truth than to live your truth.

Freedom does not exist in this place, its an ideal that places limitation on others.

Let them give their apple to Bill, or Kerry or anyone they see fit.

This is 'freedom'.
I think that living an untruth (pretending a truth) is far more difficult than to live your own truth. There is a problem, most are scared to be themselves because the precieved truth comes from being indoctrinated from the time we are born, if not before. We are taught a percieved truth in that we need to conform to the mores of society in such a fashion as to meet with acceptable moral codes. One can see how these "truths" fluctuate over time, as in political correct speech, gay marraige etc. (I am choosing the obvious ones here that have changed remarkably over the last 3o years).

True freedom will not place limitations on anyone because with true freedom, one will find true responsibility. With true responsibility it naturally follows that you will put others first. Imagine when that is being done by everyone. This is a spiritual concept more than a physical one. I was using the "apple" as a metaphor for us to question our actions.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote