View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Is this Forum elitist?

Hi Worlds Beyond 2 II,

I understand your opinions about the human side of the way the forum is being used. As in any place where groups meet, be it in the work place, group meeting, Mothers Union, church, anything, you will always get people jostling for social position, for whatever reason. So the 'social' or 'human behaviour' aspect of the forum I think is normal. What we all need to do is understand and be more tolerant (as best we can).

It's important that we come together, however, we all are still in a learning curve, we are all still trying to understand each other, and this is perfectly natural as we all have our differences and due to the number of ideas and people who take part in this site, each one wanting to be heard, needing to be understood, many using English as a second language, so many different ideals, cultures, thoughts, opinions.... the list is endless.

As for the one comment that the suffering of this world are in that position due to "their Karma" and we "should do nothing about it" I am also deeply saddened and also shocked by the attitude, arrogance, dismissiveness of the poster of that message. Not ecause of the context of the message, as I do not know the reality of the person who posted, but by the abruptness of the post.

Even it being a very noble cause, the object of the forum is not to help starving children in Africa.

It is:

• To provide important information and resources to enable individuals and communities to function optimally in what may be troubled times ahead.

• To support aware individuals in networking and forming groups as they wish.

The philosophy of the forum is:

• As stated by George Green in the Project Camelot interview Messages for the Ground Crew, there exist individuals and groups, all over the world, who have an important responsibility and role to play in the preservation of civilization regardless which scenarios may play out.

• These possible scenarios - which include planned financial collapse, war, and population reduction by covert means - can be prevented and changed by the united intention of many concerned individuals. Many of us are working to prepare and awaken others. We know that our efforts to create a new tomorrow will not be in vain. We acknowledge the Ground Crew all over the globe - including (we are confident) ethical and principled individuals within military and intelligence circles worldwide.

• We believe it's prudent to make contingency plans. This site is created to help you do that.

With that in mind, everybody can move forward in a more focussed manner, trying to keep within the parameters of the forum.

So let's get on with being a little more tolerant (as best we can), understanding, compassionate and most important respectful to each ones' differences.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote