View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #20
sirena
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
I have never met a family that needed two incomes to keep food on the table. 2 incomes for rent, electricity and food? It's a myth.

Most families that say they need two incomes have:
2 car payments.
Nice vacations.
Nice homes.
Trendy clothes.

While there may be some that need 2 incomes to eat, the majority are simply neglecting their responsibility for some wordly luxuries.
Wow just Wow, where do you live?

I have known quite a few and they didn't have trendy clothes, nice vacations, and nice homes. In some cases the individuals did not own a home at all. In the case of some couples however they did have 2 sets of insurance payments & shop repair work bills for used cars. Or in some instances it was one new car and the other used. The new vehicle was not a luxury vehicle either just an average sedan. Lets not forget there are a lot of single parents who don't receive child support. As matter of fact when I was considering relocating to a safer area, what helped change my mind was that most people in the area had 2 jobs just to keep the basics going. I thought as a single mom I would never see my kids that way.

So many parents with children become homeless because the one salary can't cover everything. Its so sad.

But what do I expect, so far I have been accused of being an alien, and propagating a myth. I am wasting time. I've already provided an opportunity to get involved on an issue which is important to me. If some don't share my opinion thats there right to disagree and not participate. I recognize that everyone's life experience's are not the same. This also implies their viewpoints are not going to be the same. Its all relative

My intention was to effect a positive change for vulnerable, not pass down judgement on others parenting skills or lifestyles. period.
sirena is offline   Reply With Quote