View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #333
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

You make your points well Trainedobserver.
Your intellect is sound and you have obviously studied the subject in great depth so you have not come to your conclusions lightly.

If you are happy with your conclusions great, leave well alone, in a way the only real difference in our way of looking at things is I believe in God and trust the teachings of Sages from time immemorial to present time, all saying more or less the same thing.
ie God is LOVE and is transcendent and imminent. Thats enough for me.
You see things in a mind based way. Thats ok.
I suspect you are kind and thoughtful, my friend, thats enough.

Its a question in my mind as to who or what gave us the mind.
Of course there is an evolution process but my thought is that the Creator set up the potential for this to happen with free will to evolve as it will.

I accept that by rationalizing -- re framing -- reconceptualizing events--- black can be made to seem as white, Positive thinking can revolutionize life. Im all for logic and being rational, it has its place.

For me being aware of being aware is a step beyond mind as such.
There is an awareness that I am exactly the same as I was at birth -- the same real "identity". Its like going to the pictures. I walk in enjoy the movie moment by moment, walk out and enjoy what happens in the moment. I need not be involved in it, I have that freedom. I am unchanged either way. The personality may well change but I am not that. Anything that comes and goes is not me..
What is Truth by definition cannot change. Opinions are a different ball game.

As mentioned before "Power versus Force" by Dr David Hawkins is a cross over book, between the linear and nonlinear. It was written for the intellect and as an opening to the world of the mystic Non-duality.

Regards
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote