View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #925
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Questions for THEWATCHER

We planned the trip to the West Country, to cover areas such as Warminster, Stonehenge, Avebury, Silbury Hill etc, as a research trip. Myself, My younger brother Steve, his friend and Andy Collins, all set off in Steves car on the Friday evening. For some unknown reason our schedule, tightly worked out, went askew as we missed the turnoff on the motorway and took longer to backtrack to Warminster. By the time we hit the outskirts of that town it was raining, foggy, and miserable. We drove slowly in the fog trying to find a place to set base for the night. We drove along a small road on the edges of the Imber ranges. To our right we noticed a bright small white light. It was like the headlamp of a motorcycle. Its movements as it came towards us was as if a motorcycle was transversing a ploughed field, up and down each furrow. It came towards us and half expecting to see an actual motorbike we were astonished to see it zoom towards us and shoot straight over the car. No sound discerned, only the cold wet of the fog surrounding us. We were perplexed but thought no more of it. We drove on very slowly and found a suitable base camp further along the road.
There is some memory mix coming next, during the actual first night. We tried to sleep in the car itself, not very comfortable, it was cold and damp but we had little choice. The mix up comes as, later, much later I recall getting out of the car and walking along the small road during the small hours. Andy is not sure if he remembers waking and watching me leave the car, thinking perhaps I'd gone for a pee. I have no recollection of getting past a certain point on the road, next, its back in the car sleeping.
We spent the whole of Saturday and Sunday exploring and was a great time. Leaving for home on early Sunday evening.
Some time later, months maybe, Andy contacted Arthur Shuttlewood in Warminster and mentioned the strange light we saw. Arthur wrote back saying we could well have witnessed what was known locally as the 'ghostly motorcycle', as many others had reported similar things. Quite some time later Arthur covered our sighting in one of his books, indeed corresponsence between him and I resulted in his covering aspects of my paranormal experiences within the pages of one of his books.
We travel onto Feb of 1977, Myself and Andy join the elite newly founded research organisation, UFOIN, set up and backed by FSR magazine, setup between Jenny Randles and the top UK researchers of the time. I set up Europes first 24/7/365 UFO HOTLINE, 1977 was a flap year in the UK strangely enough as it turned out. And somehow we (Andy and me) seemed to get the very best of the cases drop right into our laps.