View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Thoughts on the recent changes to this forum

I would like to thank the moderators for their hard work over the past couple of weeks. It can be a thankless job being the judge at times. No matter what decision is made you will be loved on one side of the court and disliked on the other.

We all knew that there would be "interesting" times ahead when the fee was lifted, yet many acted surprised when it happened. Will 2012 be similar...who knows.

Change is good, although at first it may not be welcomed. Let's face it if everyone is more or less thinking along the same lines, do we really learn. From time to time we need to have our beliefs challenged to confirm our feelings. Spiritual and religious talks will fire people up quicker than anything.

Imagine someone crashing into a baptist church announcing Lucifer is the true God. Might get a reaction for a while too. There are ways of discussing topics that are productive. The minute it gets personal people get their backs up and becomes counter-productive.

Intentional disruption of the forum by certain individuals is very distracting, but is something we should all learn from. What is our reaction to this?
Do we take up arms and resist, agree with the comments, or just say "ya ok whatever!"

If we do this ....

maybe we should ask ourselves .... why do I feel this way?

How do we feel towards Cheney , Bush et al. Are they here to actually help us see the polarity of this world? Or do you want them dead?

For those that have read the info from Hidden Hand. How do you feel about this?

This forum will be what we make it and I think we have the ship back on course. Maybe a few icebergs ahead but with our new moderator team at the controls we will make it through just fine.

Cheers!!

M.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote