View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #9
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Hi Dominic, Your chicken tractor sounds interesting. The local poultry farm shut down and were selling their hens so we picked up 5 to go with the other 8 we have but they been debeaked so we have them in their own little coop getting used to living outdoors before letting them loose.

When at the feed store someone had dropped off a newly hatched little chick so I brought it home and have it in a cage in the bathroom for now with the light on it. Given how we can't let the little one out with the big ones until it reaches the same size I was thinking of putting it in with the debeaked hens or doing up a chicken tractor, but was wondering how to make one. If you've got any tips on dimensions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Carol