View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Violent Movies, Books, Games, Cartoons, and Toys

Ha I grew up on Hansel and Gretel and Jack and Jill, wicked witches, Goldilocks. Sleeping Beauty. All pretty gruesome stuff.

Wayne Dyer in one of his books says that the average 15 year old in USA has watched 150,000 murders by the time he reaches that age.

Video games train our kids to be stalker and killers. Why be surprised if a child kills a classroom full of children. He wants to find out how it feels for real after all it was great in the game.

If you think we are not conditioned by TV answer this. Why do manufacturers spend millions on TV adverts? Some use 1/3rd of their budget on adverts.

While I dont like to speak of it, its ok in the context of this thread. I have read books by spiritual teachers that say the lower astral, that which denies God has great influence in our world through the media. The lower astral does not want us to make spiritual progress as they are threatened by loss of control if we evolve. So the films are getting more and more violent and, surprise surprise, the murders in "real life" are getting more brutal and grotesque.
even if you dont believe in the lower astral, ( I dont want to either) its enough to make a connection between repeated violence escalating on TV and Films and the violence in our world. You might think Films reflect real life, Yes they do because they are unknowingly in ignorance fostering a society that is becoming increasingly divided, many are loving and caring, some are violent beyond belief.
Gangster rap music is being listened to. Murder your mother rape your sister lyrics are used. What kind of mind comes up with that?
thats my thoughts.
Ch
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote