View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #20
dataeast
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
According to this poll, it looks like that many members may leave the forum. Please continue the poll. And tell us why you think Avalon should be free.
I think there are other avenues that can be explored to generate some income for the site to cover costs. I'm all for win/win situations. I'm not against advertising if it works for the equality of the community.

I think it would be too disruptive, I've seen other forums self destruct when there are closed sections which stagnate and the flow is inward only. It creates secrecy (PC <---> PA) and inevitably elitism which would be, in my thinking, the opposite of what Avalon is trying to achieve.

I think it would be a measure of goodwill for Avalon to be free and also put to rest the concern that there was some hidden agenda, not that I believe that to be true.

Also it might be a reason that participation might have slowed--people realized that the forum would become off limits--so stopped visiting because it's future wasn't one where they were included.
dataeast is offline   Reply With Quote