Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Half Past Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkling View Post
The economy is dead....
I think the question is....:
Are the American people resilient...?

Will this turn into a civil war of the "have" & 'have nots' of the middle class.
Will the 'upper middle class' tell the 'lower middle class' to '**** off'....

or

we'll we finally come to the realization that we are all ONE...
That were all in this together...

After 9/11...New Yorkers were "resilient"...in a word.

When **** comes down hard...people seem to have this admirable quality of such extreme acts of beauty & kindness...
My answer to the above either/or is the main reason that I am optimistic about the future, even the near future. Recent history has shown repeatedly that in times of real crisis, everyday people help each other get through.

Not only that but once the crisis is over the gains in communal caring continue. NYC was once known as a rude, **ck you kind of place. These days people in the city are almost too polite. The change happened on 9/11, it was palpable & everyone noticed it.

Half Past Human has intrigued me for some time, never subscribed though. The tidbits from Urban Survival are usually interesting. Would be grateful for any overview of the information that subscribers could provide, without offending the time monks. Thanks for the above posts too.

I'm curious why (if) people here see a time of Release as a bad thing? My feeling is that the buildup to Release (right now) is the most stressful time. Releasing old things always feels good to me.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote