View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #14
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: safe areas in the UK?

I agree with orwell's bud also-if anywhere The highlands of the bonnie place or central Wales but the brecon beacons seems a little suspect form Lt.col sc interview and james casbolt etc the underground base there.To be safe i think you have to take into consideration all possible calamities.
Flooding=high places
Martial law=out in the stix
Nuclear attack=mountains,stix
extra solar body=caves,with altitude
crustal shift-up the creek!!lol.
I don't know i think i'll end up staying in sunny stoke and what happens,happens-we are not physically immortal;not being defeatist just ride it out.I'm at 600 feet above sea level but 2 miles from a city?I will go with the flow; stock up on snappin' i have a coal fire anyhow so cooking and warmth no probs. unless we have a supercell storm and we are supercooled like the woolly mammoths? crikey charlie!! axe and shovels etc all in the garage for choppin wood.
I'm not that concerned and i suppose i should be really; my HEART is not the least worried-i have always been practical and have engaged in manual work alot of my life;so hard labour for food and shelter is no problem wherever i end up.To be to the point i'm not afraid of death-it's a beginning.What concerns jack is how we are treated in this plane of existance-i would die happy if i knew there'd be something we'd left behind a legacy for good people to work on.i hope i'm not coming across as depressing cos it isn't.Thanks for the post i've been thinking and searching about this a while now.I was trying to find maps on the net that may have been redrawn already by geologists/geographers after a potential world flood scenario but i can't find any.Can anyone help on that score-new maps pointing out high risk areas.I know where i am if the water rose to 300 feet above current sea level then about 3 miles from me would be the beach!!hurray!lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote