View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #12
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why isn't this forum following it's description?

Circlewerk - you speak wise words!!

Change does not come from the top down - but the bottom up. And that seems a simple statement but in reality it is a very difficult thing for most people caught up in the "net" of the modern world.

It is in my nature to mainly "observe" and just "be" - but since coming to this forum i wanted at first to "share" my thoughts ideas etc - it is very human to "share". Especially for people who for a long time felt they could not "share" what they felt for fear of ridicule.

That is why i celebrate the diversity of threads in this forum - just because i or you think some are better than others does not MAKE them so!! lol We ALL have something to say - i see it as people reaching out to each other in a sometimes basic way in an otherwise politically correct world.

While i love the original notion of finding safe places etc - i truly believe there ARE no such safe places (better to be one of the PTB if you really want one of those) - the TRUE safe places are in the relationships you build with those around you - right here and now.

Dont plan for a doomsday bunker for tomorrow!! If you really think you need that - what will you do the day (or weeks or months) after??? Without co-operation of at least SOME fellow humans i doubt your chances would be very high.

We TRULY ARE all in this together people - there is no them and us - it really IS just us and the sooner we realise that the better. Otherwise i have no doubt that the earth will keep spinning - nature will go on as always and redeem itself - but whether or not we as a species survive - well that is entirely up to us!!!

We are NOT clones and as such we are very diverse in our personalities, opinions, way of speech etc etc - please try to embrace that diversity because together we all are HUMANITY.

Out of seeming chaos comes perfection!! lol
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote