View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #44
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: our connection to nature...?

this is a nice thread rythym.very deep

i am right now involved in an experiment with myself.it began one day with a post here at avalon.the post was about vaccines and slaughter houses.turns out,that for me it opened my eyes.on the day i read it,i was a mcdonalds addict,pop slurping sugar addict.fast food and no thought what so ever as to what i was eating,where it came from or what died to feed me.it all tasted pretty good.never really was a big veggy eater,never ate enough fruit.
the slaughter house artical i read was discussing how the s/h was set up to purposely be as traumatic to the animals so as to harvest their fear consciousness.i never really had any veiws on animal conscience.i know i've never liked killing things. i have killed lots in my life.
masquitos,spiders,bees,hornets.shot a few birds.love fishing blah blah.you get my point.
that artical also stated that the hamburger you eat at mcdonalds is made from up to a thousand cows.they are so mass produced.giant vats of hamburger blenders.thats an extreme example.
i didnt and still dont know much about consciousness harvesting .dosent interest me at this moment.
any way the artical was in the astral walker thread.(kathleen i think)
i quit eating alot of stuff that day.i've been doing alot of thinking on consciousness also.
for about four months i ate meat and fish,mostly fish.those months were the hardest.for about the last seven months,honey and peanut butter sandwiches have been my staple food.they have always been gourmey as far as i'm concerned,ever since my childhood.lol
grains berries nuts veggies mushrooms milk water
cheats..donuts,eggs,chocalat,coffee.
also been eating about half as much as i use to.appetite managment,lol
my experiment is mostly consciousness related.
the way i think about the consciousness of animals and fruits,nut and berries
is sort of like this.
if an apple isnt picked and grows ripe on the tree,and falls to the ground,it goes back to mother nature.the seeds will still grow even after they go through the digestive system.life goes on or continues.
grains,berries same sort of thing.
we dont have to eat it all.we have the option to put some back so next season its there again.
now adays our apple cores and cherry pits end up in a landfill.

you cant eat part of a cow and life goes on.the cycle ends right there with the death of an animal.no next season for it to continue.

i cant call myself a vegetarian cause i really dont eat that much.
a peanut butter and honey sandwichitarian
i work in concrete which is very labour and energy intensive and have noticed no difference.lost maybe five pounds.i feel fine.
i have received mostly negative feedback from freinds and family.i'm not an expert on nutrition but they all seem to be,lol.
the thing i hear alot is,"oh ,you wont eat meat cause its alive.life.but you will eat a banana or a carrot even though they are life to"

i feel a little more connected to nature with my choices of late,but im 46 and i have only thought like this a year or two.i feel somewhat guilty and ashamed for things i've done to her in my life.i've always my whole life thought i appriciated nature.now i think i was naive.
naked we come into the world,naked we will go.why do we gotta take so much in between.
i might be wrong with my new way of thinking,but i dont think so.
not sorry for my thinking,but sorry for the rant,lol

peace..kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote