View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #397
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
ps
When I speak of God I an not speaking of some-thing limited by definition, holy books, or human mind.
The God of my understanding is, the totality all of it and beyond it. A single first cause and on going Creator beyond our imagination our concepts,language. whatever!!!
Without form yet within every form. Transcendent, immanent, both and neither.

With love
Namaste
Chris
Dear trainedobserver
I posted this some time back.
The God of my understanding is not judgmental --how can pure Love be judgmental.
The whole purpose of the thread is to start dialogue about the ego which is the cause of virtually all human suffering since time began.

My understanding is that God is not waiting up in heaven to judge us, we by our very actions "judge" ourselves every moment,
Every action either raises or lowers our spiritual vibration. God is like a massive electromagnetic field prevailing throughout the whole cosmos. The Divine Ocean of which we are individual waves.
So on death our soul being also electromagnetic automatically goes to the the level/realm concordant with our spiritual vibration. Judgment is not necessary.
Jesus said "In my Fathers house are many mansions"

I can only refer you to Dr Hawkins work for fullest explanation.

He went through a period of the strongest non bielief. He just like you couldn't believe in a god who let people suffer. Even though at one time his belief was very strong he lost it completely and it was after many years of devoting his life to help those afflicted with every malady know to man,( in his role as a GP and Psychiatrist,) that he hit rock bottom and called out for help from the God he had denied existed. That was on the verge of death from an incurable disease. The bottom line is that he experienced what is called God shock and when he awoke from that enlightenment had occurred.

Hope you have a look at his book you have nothing to loose.

I can understand pain of prayers seeming not to be heard for ones we love, particularly ones who are kindness it self in this life.
I cant give a definitive or reassuring answer. I too have lost friends or been unable to help those afflicted that are dear to me and the only comfort was that I believe in a loving God and I believe life is eternal though the body obviously is not.

with love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote