View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Where Focus goes, Energy follows

Hello Jross. How happy I would be to have a chat with you about these topics. Maybe soon...

The oppressor living in the oppressed

What bother us about others is exactly what bother us about ourselves. Most of the time, unconsciously, we feel negative emotion toward someone because he/she behave the way we behave and we don't like it about us.

We have an unconscious habit to imitate others, especially those we do not like. My wife told me imitating is innate. We use it to survive and learn at a very young age. But after a while, we must awake to this part of us...

Once, someone for who I have a great admiration told me this: 'You have to get rid of the oppressor dwelling in the oppressed in order to get rid of the oppression'. I remember a history in Brazil where the Portuguese imperialists were giving status and responsibilities to the ones who were the most rebellious among the Angolan slaves. Not all the time, but often, once in charge of the camp, the new 'little boss' was more violent and cruel toward his own people than the Portuguese themselves. It is a shocking fact, but very real and it draws a good picture at how we do imitate the ones we like to hate.

We often talk about the Elite of our world, but we are, very often ourselves, elitists. Naturally, we judge and select. We segregate and follow the best. We gratify the success and punish the failures. Of course, the system which we were born in educates us to do so. But it doesn't mean we have no responsibility in this issue. Quite the opposite, we have a power to change it, by being aware of it first!

This explains why the Elite is always and still in control. We can get rid of them, but if we are not aware of this unconscious habit, we will see a new wave of elites taking place because we unconsciously ask for it…

This is at large scale, but it is also true at the individual scale. Look at how you behave with your surrounding, you will be surprised how we are deeply indoctrinated. Balance would ask we give a reward to the success, but also a good support to the failure. So the words "success and failure" would receive their true meaning. Instead of being polarized and opposite, they would be balanced and complementary...

To this, I will add this vison Vissaeus an Andromedan had about us Humans: "Responsible freedom of self-determination becoming truly self-confident and free. To unconditionally be responsible for yourself without being coerced by some other authority." So be it...

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 01-03-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote