Old 01-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #13
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fantasy Avalon League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berob24 View Post
Hello everyone~

I love Illuminate's idea...

many years ago now, I read "The Fifth Sacred Thing" and I remember I really liked the Northern California's community organization. I've been meaning to re-read it for a few months now, specifically to review how it was, again, that they lived. It seems a really good time to start thinking ahead, with regards to a totally different way of approaching life. Great idea for a thread!
Has anyone else read this book (mentioned above)?

What do people think of the Venus Project? I'm not talking about Zeitgeist as much as the ideas for structuring living environments that the Venus Project addresses. My initial reaction was that I liked what I saw. I haven't done a ton of research into it though.

Thanks for the book tip Berob.

Zeitgeist - the venus project... that's where I heard the quote isn't it? It's about the resources, not the cost. Wonderful idea I thought.

As a separate question to moderators, it seems difficult to me to find information at Avalon. When people post names of books and links to informational videos, is there any way of extracting and classifying these?

It would be good to be able to find a place with all the 'good books on communities' or 'all videos on meditation'. I guess this is what the search function is for, but is there ever a case for extracting these from individual threads and placing them in a repository of some sort? Has that already happened? I guess it would be time consuming, but most of the great stuff at Avalon, I come across in a random fashion depending on who's posting and what I'm reading on any given day...Any guidance on this would be gratefully received

Thanks for all your energy and input. Whatever your thoughts, whatever your dreams, make them happen here! Why not ?!

For example, one other thing I'd like in our community is a free-ish energy source of some kind. It would be good to have something that didn't just charge batteries (sun, wind). What about Geothermal energy? Anyone know anything about that? How about a nice windmill?

Sun is good for warming tanks of water too... you see those on the rooves in Greece. So ok, my community might need to be somewhere a little bit sunnier than England...

Ok.. anyone got some lego... let's get it out and build something fun ! There you go, I've just finished the stables...

Love yas...

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 01-20-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: P.S added
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote