View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #560
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Love and beauty are pervading our world...

"Unhappiness ultimately arises not from the circumstances of your life but from the conditioning of your mind."

An inspirational story regarding Eckhart Tolle's teachings

Dear Eckhart,

I have been following your teachings for nearly ten years. They have brought me inner peace deeper than I ever imagined. However, the practical applications of your teachings in my day to day to life have never been so precious as right now.

After both of my children required extensive hospitalizations, my husband and I went into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy due to the medical expenses (not uncommon in the U.S.). As part of bankruptcy, we are giving up our home and the idea of being homeowners.

At first, letting go of our home seemed unthinkable to me. But after listening to one of your talks, I realized that it was only a figment of my attachment to the "idea" of security. The only real security is in being. As it turns out, letting go of "things" felt wonderful, adding depth to our relationships and the joy in life that is not derived from material forms.

While our life situation might seem rather bleak to some, it is not. Our experience of the last few years has been deeply awakening. Instead of allowing our life situation to "use" us, make us sad, neurotic, or bitter, we have used our circumstance to deepen our rootedness in the now. We have used our struggle to find joy that is deeper than the fleeting appearances of the world. And in so doing, we have found greater ways to be of service and recreate abundance in our experience.

Without your teachings, navigating the last few years might have seemed miserable.

With your teachings, our circumstances merely took us deeper into our practice of love and presence.

Without your teachings, the suffering might have been intolerable.

With your teachings, we realized that we didn't have to suffer, and we let go gladly, accepting the perfect flow of life.

How can we ever thank you?

In love and gratitude,

Olivia Rosewood

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote