View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 02:40 AM   #1619
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Had an interesting day.

Went up to visit brother. Everything seems normal, right? Well, my back driver's side tire blew out. I didn't panic. I thought, "Ok, so this must be the front passenger rim" since the front passenger rim is bent and it could go anytime. Instead, it's the back driver's side tire. So I think, "No problem, I'll just dig out the spare and put it on". Took me a while to get the spare out and I still couldn't get it on, dang lug nuts.

In what freaked me out to the nth degree, my boss happens to be on the interstate and he pulls over to help me put on the spare tire. I didn't see this coming and it changed my opinion of him as being a rude, controlling *******. Not only did he help me change the tire, but he drove behind me in case something else happened to my car on the way to my parents.

Lucked out that dad had a spare tire that would fit my car so had the rim swapped out and put into that tire for $15. Hit the road afterwards.

It's amazing how people turn out to be better than you thought they were. I feel that today happened for a reason. The timing of my boss just happening to be on the interstate at the same time freaks me out. I'm glad though and thankful that there are folks out there who will help me out, even if I don't get a good impression of them at first.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote