View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #17
no caste

Default Re: Australian chemtrails

P4BL0 - Those are nasty! I read this 'Plan B' article last week and thought it was kind of funny, because Plan A/B is already in effect. It's like the program is trying to catch mainstream up with the UN legalities that prohibit it.

Plan B for global warming
A bold scheme to cool earth almost overnight. But are we ready?
http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/04/22/p...lobal-warming/

It's Edward Teller's idea, who IMO is a bit of a d*ck and still may be Director Emeritus at Lawrence Livermore National Lab. Here's a 1998 article in Stanford's Hoover Digest.

Hoover Institution - Hoover Digest, Research and Opinion on Public Policy
'Sunscreen for Planet Earth'
EDWARD TELLER

"...In 1979, physicist Freeman Dyson, in his characteristically prescient manner, proposed the deliberate, large-scale introduction of such fine particles into the upper atmosphere to offset global warming, which he thought even then would eventually become a human concern. Some of my colleagues and I have recently surveyed the current technological prospects for such an introduction. We estimated the costs involved and presented our results last August at the Twenty-second International Seminar on Planetary Emergencies. The most expensive such "geoengineering" option appears to be the one long ago proposed by Mr. Dyson, which may cost as much as $1 billion a year. More technologically advanced options along the same lines might cost $100 million.

"Let us play to our uniquely American strengths in innovation and technology, offsetting any global warming by the least costly means possible.

"Perhaps one of the surprises of this analysis is the relatively low costs at which some of the geoengineering options might be implemented." Indeed, the director of the U.S. Global Change Research Program's Coordination Office has been promoting such geoengineering for three decades. But for some reason, this option isn't as fashionable as all-out war on fossil fuels and the people who use them."
http://www.hoover.org/publications/digest/3522851.html