Thread: How old are we?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #65
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How old are we?

45 goddess here whitewolf and yep i'm just a kid too!! lol

although apparently i told my mum when i was a little tacker that i was born 3000 years old!!

I particularly liked your remarks on the older generation being disregarded in this day and age and i salute you BRINTY on being here and always like to read your posts and look forward to hearing more of your experienced words.

I know the feeling - I thought i knew it ALL at 25 years old and have spent the last 20 unlearning all that and more!!! lol

I am the mother of 2 beautiful souls in the form of 14 and 8 yo boys who are VERY new age and have taught me a lot these past few years just by their very existence.

I would love to see a lot more of our "elders" here both in age and in culture although from my experience i find both those types of elders to be very private people generally and tend to give advise on a face to face basis only.

While our "cyberculture" is a great way to relate to like minded people when you are feeling isolated - and is something freely embraced by the younger generation - i really DO encourage you ALL to seek out your elders within your own community - they are THERE believe me and will share with any willing to learn!!

We may be on the verge of something the world has NEVER experienced before and our younger generation may well be the leaders in this - but i for one always remember the words of that great old wordmonger Winston Churchill who once said

"those that forget history are condemned to repeat it"

My ideal community would be one that respected and celebrated every generation for its unique contribution to the whole.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote