View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #15
Chris1617
Avalon Senior Member

Default La Estancia de Cafayate in the "New York Times" & list of planned amenities.

Napa. Tuscany. Bordeaux. Cafayate.

Four of the world’s finest wine regions, four of the world’s most gorgeous landscapes. Only one of them is still a secret.

Tucked into the mountains of northwestern Argentina is a perfect microclimate: a temperate valley drenched with sunshine and groundwater. People have been growing grapes, riding horses, and savoring life here for centuries.

A few dream of joining them, in a community centered on wine, horses, and the good things in life. This is our vision. This is La Estancia de Cafayate. And you are invited to become a Charter Member.

“…for those looking for a ride back in time, the smart money is on Cafayate in the Salta province of Argentina. A casual mix of Napa and Sedona; with more arts and crafts than a Martha Stewart house as well as a thriving wine industry.”
New York Times, Travel Section

Legendary investor Doug Casey knows a good thing when he sees one. In his opinion, Cafayate is one of the best.

"I have dedicated my adult life to making the most of my personal freedom and financial opportunity around the world. I've been coming to Argentina since 1980, and for the foreseeable future, Argentina is my top choice of the over 175 countries where I've spent time. It is that perfect combination of breathtaking landscape, excellent climate, sophisticated culture, social stability, and tremendous value. And Cafayate defines that opportunity. It is unspoiled and undiscovered." Doug Casey, August 2007

Doug's right. Cafayate offers discerning individuals the perfect combination of a world-class, frontier wine region in a fantastic climate, yet still accessible at an outstanding value. Working with local Argentine partners Doug found the perfect location: a 1200-acre paradise of sun, sky, wine, and water between two spectacular mountain ranges. Vineyards and acequias (open water channels used for irrigation) fade into dunes and arroyos, and the land opens up to the sky. Though just a mile from the quaint town, La Estancia feels like a haven, miles from anywhere.

Because it is intended for La Estancia de Cafayate to become a true community of families and friends from around the world a number of world-class amenities have been planned:

• 60-100 hectares of shared-ownership vineyards -- With your property you also pick up bragging rights as owning a vineyard in Argentina!! (And the wines from this area are excellent);

• Vintner's Heath Golf Course -- An 18-hole Bob Cupp-designed golf course with a clubhouse, driving range and short game practice facility. This will be one of the finest golf courses in all of Argentina, and even South America;

• Authentic Argentine equestrian experience -- With stabling and pasturing facilities for private and community horses;

• Riding trails, also used for nature walks and mountain biking -- A network will weave throughout the property, but don't stop there; this is horse country, so you can even ride into town!;

• Polo field and associated facilities;

• Tennis, bocce & parcours facilities;

• Social clubhouse with concierge services and all the amenities for civilized living -- Including restaurant, bar and lounge, wine cellars, locker rooms, game room, cigar lounge, business center and meeting rooms and small movie theater;

• Full-service Spa -- With multiple swimming pools, locker rooms, fitness center and treatment rooms;

• Kids clubhouse -- With game room, food services and separate pool;

• Pueblito -- A small village center with asado (barbeque) cabin, small shops with crafts and conveniences, gathering and game spaces;
Cafayate Concierge -- A dedicated staff that will be available around the clock to assist in making your time in the country a rich, no-hassle experience, and look after things on a turn-key basis when you are away.
Chris1617 is offline   Reply With Quote