View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #15
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: I would like to say goodbye

truth and integrity I agree with you 100 percent regarding what happened to franciejones, Kingsuemi2 and the Thuban thread. Now I will go out on a limb and also say from my own personal experience with franciejones I'm not surprised at what happened. Nor am I surprised at what happened with Kinsuemi2 given all the backdoor drama. However, I still didn't think either of them deserved to be banned, much less permanently. I also never got into the Thuban thread and it really didn't much interest me, however, I was a bit taken aback that Bill wanted the thread closed. Bill was also connected with franciejones and Kingsuemi2 being banned as well. Bill was gone for a year and in that entire time while I was moderating I don't think we banned anyone and I don't recall any threads being closed. I suspect Bill has his own ideas on how he wants to see the forum run and after being absent for a year is now stepping up to the plate to add his input.

For myself, I stay because I enjoy the flow of information and the variety of people who participate on the forum. I don't have to agree with or even like some of Bill or Kerry's decisions to enjoy what a wealth of information is dispersed here in the many threads already posted. As I view it each of us must live with the consequences of our decisions ~ some consequences positive and other consequences negative. Life offers up challenges for each of us and hopefully we end up better people in the end when we face these individual challenges and move forward with our lives. Life is also like a spiral and what wasn't learned this time around will certainly come around again until the challenge/task is eventually mastered.

I am sorry truth and integrity that you feel the need to say good-bye rather then just take a break while the fracas settles itself out. A good flounce is healthy because it also allows for a nice break. And then when all is said and done, please feel free to pop back in and keep in touch.