View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #336
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dr. Steven Greer, Disinfo Agent? Details Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbeac View Post
On the other hand, please, correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to be missing the main point I am trying to make. Please, let me explain it in a different way.
I get your point, I just don't agree (entirely). The GEET device provides about a 20% to 30% increase in gas mileage (data from a single French test vehicle). If that kind of result is common, that is indeed significant and worthwhile, I don't dispute that.

But, there is a long history of "magic carburetors" and such promising 100 mpg that have never made it to market. I think many in the public are aware of such claims and are skeptical. I also think very few in the public have any clue as to who Dr. Steven Greer is, and I would be willing to bet that his detractors outnumber his supporters. Just how effective will it be for a "UFO nut" to get on Larry King and promote this device? You think Larry King won't talk about Greer's UFO background, and that he's a medical doctor who knows nothing about internal combustion engines? How much better would it be for the inventor himself backed up by an independent scientific study by Dr. Whoever from MIT and the City of Los Angeles or some big trucking firm to go on Larry King and say, "I invented it, they proved it, let's do it"? It's that sort of backing that is needed to prevent the loyal opposition from portraying the device as a hoax and shutting down all attempts at mass production. Greer's involvement would be a liability, in my opinion.

I also don't agree that just making the public aware of the plans and such is going to have the kind of results you expect. I'm quite mechanically adept, but I can see all kinds of potential problems with putting such a device on my car, so I'm not willing to try it at this point. Are you? If you haven't built one, what makes you think everyone else is in such a great hurry to do so? These things need to be refined and tested and manufactured and installed by someone willing to back up the product. If the installed price can be payed back with fuel savings in a year or so, then I think you'll get the kind of impact that matters.

If you want to make Dr. Greer solely responsible for doing something about this, fine, that's your call. I just think your passion for this could be put to better use than portraying him as a hypocrite for not taking up this cause. Greer quote: "Everyone wants to know, but nobody wants to do."
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote