View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #32
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Serious question about popping the question (could use women's advice here)

The ring goes on the left "ring" finger, whether it be engagement, wedding ring, or both together. (If your bride will be wearing both together, you first buy the engagement ring by itself, then add the wedding ring (which matches) during the ceremony. ) Now, that's in the US. I don't know about other lands...

I like the idea of mining for a natural gem yourself. Or, take your bride to be on an outdoor adventure and find it together...and keep it until later when you can put it into a marriage ring...one stone on a simple band, maybe?

In the meantime, wait until you have some cash flow considering all of those wedding plans...advice from an elder here.

Diamonds have become less sought after in the US. Brides are choosing sapphires, which can be superior stones, anyway, and just as durable. I recently got a wedding ring, with a yellow sapphire, and it's very beautiful and not as needlessly expensive as a diamond. Yeah, go mining, son.

Good luck.
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote