View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #26
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Serious question about popping the question (could use women's advice here)

Ok im gonna take a risk here and tell you straight how i feel, please dont take offence ( im sure you wont anyway)

So if your a hippy type or non consumer advocate ( i proudly espouse the same way of life - simple living) and so is your girlfriend, why on earth would you even consider going down such a conformist and cheesy route as the whole ring and cruise route. Myself and my own partner believe genuinely in the fallacy of consumerism, in buying things we dont really need - and we mean it 100%. Our life is so full of love and respect towards each other and everyday is full of romance and laughter and talking and cooking etc etc etc. If i bought her a diamond ring and two cruise tickets she would look at me like i was suddenly a complete stranger, that everything she thought i was, was fake.

Of course, many people say one thing and do another and there's always a so called good reason, if you are both actually that way then go ahead, if not then why do it?

I think your more creative than that.

Sorry i went off a bit, i really wish you both well in your journey together.

Maybe first start another thread for suggestions of alternative ways to the bog standard. Ever heard of blood diamonds?

Boy oh boy tis is one post that keeps saying as i type DONT PRESS SUBMIT!!!!

anyhoo, you did ask
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote